1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite doll size and why

Jan 14, 2010

1. I think I prefer MSD size. My 60cm boy is almost too big for me to handle sometimes! I'm pretty small myself, and my hand can't even wrap around his entire waist. It's much easier to move and pose my 43cm girl :)

2. absolutely SD10, cute little breasts, legs and arms so fatty fatty fat: ) and always get wonderful dresses to wear.
      What can be more wonderful to have such a doughter that never grows.

3. I love the tinies. ;D Always had a soft spot for small things: Small dog, small cellphone etc. With tiny dolls I love the fact that getting props is pretty easy. I get to build a dollhouse to my boys and just bought a small, metal scooter from the local fair, lol. :D Plus they're easy to carry around and won't take much space from my apartment. The downside is that finding cute wigs is harder and I have to make all my own clothing, since all the stuff on sale is brightly coloured and "childish". I'm prob pretty weird, but my puki boys won't be kids. I haven't decided an age for them, but I won't make them anything under 12.

4. I just ordered a MSD doll for my first doll, I didnt want a big one at first (I didnt want to get a Large Expensive doll and not like it) so I went Medium at first. She hasnt arrived but I can tell i will already love her. I got a MSD also because I wanted a Small-ish doll to take to conventions with me. I am not at this moment saving up for an SD Sized Ringdoll for my second doll. I want to take both to meetups when I finally get both of them. If I get this job (well its volenteer work) my Mum will pay me £10 a day I work there. Im hopint to work Saturday & Sunday at the shop. So Ill need to save up for 20 weeks or longer :'( Whyy!? End of October :'( Maybe Ill try and earn some extra cash ;-)

5. I've had a few boys come and go (sadly) through my home and they have all been SD. I prefer SDs by far, but maybe it is because I have nothing to compare them to.
      I guess that will change once I have my Slim MSD (Narae), though (: Then I can give an unbiased answer!

6. So far i like my 70cm's best but i don't yet have a tiny. 70 cm's are just so cuddly...but they do get heavy to carry around...

7. I do prefer MSD over SD for MSD is just the right size for me to bring around while SD is rather large though >_n

8. I must prefer MSD, because I have more of them than SD or tinies. I can display more of them in a smaller space than the SD, and they are easier to sew for than the tinies.

So far the only one I have taken anywhere is a tiny, because he was easier to carry. (Tinies can ride inconspicuously in a purse. It's hard for the other sizes to do that.)

9. sorry if i had reposted the same topic if so please delete

I am not sure why, i shouldn't have been overlooked on the other beautiful dolls while i am just purely seeking for the same sized 1/3 dolls. there were many 1/4 dolls that once tempted me or even 1/2 sized dolls. but i have the constant feeling of not wanting to buy other different sized dolls to balance their height and maturity.. maybe i sound weird in this case, but i know you won't be right? my family always say that the size of the doll is not the matter, it is the matter of how you love them, yes i do love the ones that tempted me before, but i just have the feelings of not wanting to collect all dolls in different sizes....to be neat. i know most of you won't think like this, so anyway, this feeling has forced me into buying dolls in the same category without ever thinking back the ones that i loved that weren't 1/3.

10. I find that I much prefer dolls between 58-62cm. Smaller feels too small, larger is too big. So most of my collection is standard SD, though I do have a few MSDs and one Yo-SD and a 1/12 tiny on the way. I need the variety to explain height differences or children. Though for most of my adult MSDs, although they are short in character, I just really loved the sculpts and couldn't find similar ones in SD. (Ringdoll Valo and ResinSoul Lu specifically) So IF I have a doll outside my preferred SD size, I have to REALLY love it.

11. I like each doll size. Some are bigger because they just need to be. And some small ones are just so darn cute. I can't decide what size I like best. I like each doll as an individual.

12. MSD is the perfect size for me, that's all I own - the "mature" or "slim" minis which are more or less adult proportioned at 1/4 scale. When I started collecting it just seemed like the natural size for me, I wanted adult characters and eventually a collection of 10 or more, but lived in a small apartment (and still do). Also I started collecting on a university budget, and dollars for dolls it usually costs less for an MSD than an SD. I've continued to be totally happy with this size, and it also makes navigating the hobby a little more manageable for me; I like to be on top of everything available from all the companies who have a mature mini line because it helps me maintain my Perfect Wishlist, if I collected SD scale that would be at least five times the number of sculpts to be familiar with.

13. Honey delf / Yosd / 1/6 / Littlefee ]

BeSt size ~ i think cuz its not too
      big not too small just right ... and
      its easy to afford doll clothes for
      this size and easy to take around

i dont think i'll get any other sized dolls

14. 60cm. They are a good size to clothe and have a strong presence. The MSD size may be more easy to pose and tote around, but they still look small, whereas the 60cm size doesn't, for some reason. The larger than 60cm dolls are wonderful, but can be too big and too heavy. (I still have a number of them, though!)

I like adult-looking dolls, both fantasy and realistic, so the 60cm size is good for me. Of course, I enjoy dolls of all sizes! :)

15. My favorites are SDs. That's all I have right now, and my wishlist is vastly filled with SDs as well. I like their styling, mature bodies/sculpts, and how large they are :)

16. I much prefer 1/3s in the 58-65cm range. I love their weight, presence and their age aesthetic, but they aren't unwieldy (and heavy) like the 70+cm ones. There is something to be said about the lightness and compactness of minis, but I started the hobby buying 60cm dolls and had already gotten used to that size, so the minis were just too small for me.

It's interesting to see how a good portion of collectors are split into two camps: minis exclusively, or 1/3 and tinies.

17. Hmm.. I'm leaning towards MSDs and Yosds..

MSDs because they are AWESOME to take to places for photoshoots. Not too big and still have that level of details for their clothes...

Yosds because they just slip into the handbag and away they go with you! You can carry them anywhere and they make a great companion just sitting there looking all pretty from nearby ^^

18. I can't speak from experience yet (I may update once I know properly), but I really like SD dolls (58-65cm) I'm not sure why they just seem so beautiful at that size. So a lot of my wishlist consists of them though I also have several tinies and MSD sized dolls on there.

19. I really like SD-sized dolls, because they are so big and usually more adult-like than MDS-sized ones. I really love their weight too, and for me its easier to make stuff for them because of their size. And well, all of my doll charters are adults, so the size suits all them really well. I got one MSD, and I really love her, but sometimes she feels so small.. But yeah, she's just a kid (:

20. My favorites are MSDs but I am going to get my first SD13 boy very soon. Maybe my opinion will change. But MSDs are the perfect size to carry around and are fun to buy clothes and wigs for. Unoa Chibis (35 cm) are even better, but there aren't too many dolls in that size except for Iplehouse KIDs and Narshas. I plan on buying one of those dolls eventually, I love their size despite how hard it is to find nice clothes for them.