1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite doll size and why

Jan 14, 2010

1. I think I'll have to come down on msd, with yos in a close second. MSDs are often mature enough to be beautiful, but you can also successfully style them quite childish. They're relatively easy to carry around too! Nothing beats a yo though for being able to toss them in a bag on the fly. While I love my SDs, they are very difficult to take out for an all day trip and can be quite cumbersome.

That said, I'm surprised how many people are coming down in favor of smaller dolls. I always kind of had the impression that the majority of people really prefer the larger size but I guess that's not so:)

2. I'm pretty spoiled with Barbies, but I don't think tinies or yo's would suit me. The doll I'm ordering is over 70cm ^^', so we'll find out if I like hounds or not, but I think I will.

3. I play with my MSD-sized dolls the most, and they're the ones currently out on display.

That said, I actually have more SD-sized dolls; I started out with them because I love mature, realistic sculpts, but I'm finding that I'm much more hands on with my smaller sized dolls. I don't really want to sell my larger dolls, though, because I still think they're gorgeous, even if I don't do much with them. Also, there are some gorgeously detailed clothes that would be very hard to do on anything smaller than an SD.

4. For me the taller the better! My favorite doll sizes are from 60 to 70cm. (SD13, SD17, Hound size) I don't think I'd be very comfortable with any taller, although I'm kinda toying with the idea of eventually owning an 80cm one...

Although, I must say, currently most of my SDs don't have bodies yet. I need to get around to gathering them, which is also the reason why you'll see mostly MSDs and tinies listed in my signature. xD;

5. I've always thought I was a 70cm+ person, but lately I'v realized that the best size for me is about 60-65cm. At least for dolls I like to take with me to meetings and such. If my dolls are bigger I can't carry them properly since their feet bump into my hip/thigh every time I take a step. Makes me crazy. And smaller ones are just to light to carry around, I just feel stupid. For carrying around in the house when I'm home on the other hand, MSD is my favorite size since they take up so little space you can put them almost everywhere and they adapt fine to the environment. With SDs you have to re-arrange all your things before putting them down on a shelf or beside your computer. But SD is still my favorite size, probably because my first doll was an SD.

6. I think it would be MSD for me if I'd really have to choose. SD are heavy and not easy to carry but easy to sew for and tinies are easy to carry and don't take up much space but aren't easy to sew for because they're just so small. MSDs are just in the middle. ^^
      I own all three doll sizes and like all of them equally, though.

7. I like the really big dolls, SD16 and above. I like their body shapes and I find it easier to dress them and since they are large it seems like their clothes get more detail. I do like MSD though, I feel they are travel size. :)

8. I seem to prefer SD size dolls, I don't feel like I could break them.. I do however have one msd and 2tinies.. I'm a little bit more scared that i'd break them though just cause I've always been a bit of a klutzy type.. XD

9. I love SDs and SSDs. Hotness galore~

10. MSD and below. Anything bigger than MSD seems bulky and unpractical, even though some larger dolls are truly beautiful, I feel they would just be a little cumbersome.

11. MSD is a great size, not too big and heavy, but not too childish looking either. They resemble young adults and that's normally what my characters are.

12. I have almost every size but my favorite is the MSD size. They are not too big and not too small, just perfect for me :) Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the bigger sizes, the biggest one I can handle is the 60cm or SD size, otherwise, I feel like they are all legs XD and I highly enjoy my MSD dolls. As for tiny sizes, the smallest one I have is the puki puki size, they're so adorable but I don't think I will get more on that size because they are hard to pose and dress. Yo-SD sizes are cute too.

Overall, MSD size is my favorite^^

13. Personally, I go through phases: sometimes I'm all about the MSDs because they're that perfect in between size and aren't too hard to carry around, sometimes SDs and larger because they're so detailed and cuddly, and other times tinies because they're so cute and easy to stow in my purse. Overall, I'd have to say that my favorite dolls have been SD and larger (my largest being 70cm), just because finding clothes for them is so fun, they have a good weight and bulk to them, and they're just fun to hold!

14. Tinies! and I personally consider a YOSD to be too big. I have always loved miniatures and have never even considered a large doll. Maybe if I saw one in person I might feel differently but I am pretty sure I wouldn't.

15. (Slim) MSDs are my go to. I am almost afraid of anything larger and don't want any smaller.

16. At first I was collecting SD's, then I started getting MSD's, but now I find that I love the 70cm (Souldoll Zenith), but it hard to find clothes to fit right. For now, I'll say 70cm.

17. I prefer MSD-sized dolls or smaller, to be honest. They're easier for me to carry around wherever, and I can just keep them in a regular-sized handbag. They also use up less fabric when I sew outfits for them! XD

18. I love my tinies because they're so portable, perfect for bringing back and forth between home and my college dorm. I am hoping to try getting into msd soon, though they're a bit more difficult to move around. I'm not sure about SD yet, I haven't met one in person, but I think that I would want to be settled in one place before collecting any of them.

19. I always prefer dolls between 60cm-70cm..they are quite easy to carry, except for their weight which always kills my arms..I do have some msd and an yosd sized dolls, but I still prefer to collect more sd sized dolls.

20. I like anything Tiny, because tiny is cute o3o But I also tend to like a lot of MSDs c: