1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your style like when it comes to dolls?

Jan 6, 2017

1. I love realism within the context of it being a BJD. As for clothing - modern, smart/casual, jeans, funky trainers.

If an 'ugly' doll spoke to me, then yes I would consider owning it.

2. I like all kinds. And when it comes to style, the same. People are so different irl and I prefer my dolls to be the same.

3. I like the semi realistic dolls the most but also the really childish cute looking ones. I am not really into the mature sculps and I can't connect with them, its just not my style!. I like looking at cute girly faces. I also really enjoy the weird looking ones like Doll Chateau.
      The way I dress my dolls is very casual and it depends on their personality and sense of style.

4. Depends on the doll. I like a lot of diff types. It makes a collection unique that way I think. I used to be big into fashion dolls and I still like that look. But I also like the old fashioned looking dolls in period clothing too. And the anime dolls are just adorable and unique in their own way. It’s good there’s so many varieties because it will keep me interested in the hobby both on the vinyl and resin side I think!

5. Definitely nothing too 'doll' looking. What I mean is if the eyes are too big, too good looking/perfect, etc. That's why I absolutely love Granado because they fit my criteria so well.

6. Mature dolls all the way for me! It's the reason why I only own 75cm boys and they're the only dolls I'm interested in. I don't dislike the other dolls per say, and I enjoy looking at other people's pictures of them, but my personal taste and gut feeling definitely just speaks to the mature sculpts.

7. Creepycute, obvious doll details (gaps in blushed joints, visible strings, etc) and FANTASY. <3

8. Primarily Historical Asian. Elegant features in long following robes with long flowing hair. I also dabble in sci-fi; I have too dolls from Iplehouse's Galaxy collection, and they are the most overtly Sci-Fi-y of the bunch, and traditional fantasy; I have one Fairyland LittleFee and need to get her some company.
      Also I have more males than females, and only one juvenile aged doll (my baby:XD:). A friend joked I'm trying to build a harem.

9. I'm still waiting for my first two to arrive yet, but I kind of have a plan for my future collection already. I have a ton of different aesthetics and clothing styles I really like and enjoy, but I don't have the closet space to dedicate to a bunch of pieces that fit in every single one of those boxes, SO I thought that I could just have a doll with a dedicated style do that for me, since doll clothes are smaller and will take up less space.

So for example I would love to have a grunge themed doll, a cottage core themed doll, a doll to shell my DND character, a separate doll that is just medieval fantasy themed, etc.

10. Currently, my BJD collection consists of all of these types of dolls. Realistic, Anime style, Monster/ Grotesques, Sifi, and Fantasy mini to SD size, and I have a few more "ugly" dolls on my wish list. Just lie my music I like what I like and sometimes it is not all cohesive.

11. I don't really like very realistic looking dolls, prefer a little"otherworldly" look. I also tend to like child dolls, I suspect it's because I played with those kinds of dolls as a kid. I wasn't into fashion dolls like Barbie.

12. My collection is mostly anime and cute anthros, with just a couple realistic guys. I am specifically drawn to cute sculpts!

13. I like a happy medium between realistic but also anime-like since I tend to like things like video game/anime characters that have a stylized but realistic look to them. In terms of fashion, at the moment I love Japanese fashion (Lolita, Yami Kawaii, Amaloli, etc.) and anything else that I may feel more confident in seeing my dolls wearing than what I would wear myself :'3

14. I like semi realistic looking dolls. My dolls pretty much dress like I do, jeans, sneakers and tee shirts. My reason for this style is because my dolls are a form of therapy for my depression and anxiety disorder. Their ordinary style calms me and gives me comfort. I do have some with elf ears, but that is as unconventonal as I get, and they are still dressed in everyday street clothes. I pretend they are elves who are trying to blend in with the human world.

I have one doll which has vampire teeth, but I didn't get him because of the teeth, but rather IN SPITE of the teeth. He is 5Star Doll Quintus, and he is such a sweet looking little boy. The teeth are tiny, and non-threatening, so I don't mind. I don't care much for most vampire dolls, because it is not possible for their fangs to be on the outside of their mouth. "Real" vamp fangs retract when not "in use" (I can't believe I just said that LOL).

#114 ParlourGoddess, Nov 6, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    15. I love looking at the mature sculpts, and wish I had the space to keep larger dolls. But with limited space in my room, the biggest doll I have is 65cm and she seems big to me. I wish there were more mature looking dolls in the 62 to 65cm range.

16. I like dolls with an anime aesthetic, and collect them in all sizes. My 1/12 and 1/6 scale dolls wear casual feminine clothing and my 1/3 scale doll mostly wears classic doll clothes (frilly skirts and puffy sleeves), although she does have a few modern outfits.

I have been seriously considering buying DDS Alice Kuonji and DDS Anastasia. Alice would have a mostly dark academia style, while Anya would be more high fantasy/fairy queen.

17. i try to do a more vintage, “witchy”, cottagecore aesthetic for my dolls. its kinda hard tho with so many clothes being modern now lol but i try to stick to skirts, blouses, and simple fabrics.

18. Currently because of The Untamed and Word of Honor it's all about Ancient China. I'm really into Hanfu outfits now and waiting of my first boy in this style, Telesthesia & Dragon - Rong You. Then later I'll give 2 of my MSD boys a Hanfu makeover.

I don't really have a style that I like better. I like realistic, semi realistic, stylized and Anime style. And anthro if it's more on the realistic side. But I keep different kinds of styles into different groups. Like I have a personal space for all my Dollmore Kids that is only for them. Then my Iplehouse and Rainman crew share the same table as all my Ancient Chinese characters will.

Size have never gone past 72cm tall. Some 75cm dolls have caught my attention but the size have scared me of getting them.

19. I like watching strong body with well proportioned muscles for male Dolls. Thats why I bought RGM Body 3 (maybe in a few years I will buy RGM 5 :wiggle) from Ringdoll. Hopefully he will look great :kitty2

20. I think taste as everything can change as the time goes on. For example when i started my dolls adventure i loved pukifee and lati dolls and yosd ,i didn't really care for the realistic dolls or anything bigger than 1/4 Size... Then i got some minifee and myou and now i fell in love with supiadoll juah and she is my grail doll, i also recently bought iplehouse bianca which is more realistic than most and i absolutely love her. I guess as the time went on i ventured from the small dolls towards bigger more mature looking ones. As to clothing- i prefer dresses l,corsets,fantasy or victorian style dresses rather than everyday wear however i did dress up some of my dolls as an elf in the shelf on Christmas lol :)