1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your style like when it comes to dolls?

Jan 6, 2017

1. I prefer the larger dolls, mature looking and more realistic sculpts since most of my characters are young adults or adults. When it comes time for face-ups, I prefer realistic or semi-relistic, it depends on the character and how I picture them in my mind's eye; the younger they are, the more stylized I might want their overall look to be. As far as clothing style, it also depends on the character since I have quite a mix that haven't been shelled as a doll yet!

For the body overall, single joints are fine and sometimes double joints look weird (particularly knees), but if they can pose well then it's not a huge issue. Plus, most of the time it would be covered by clothing anyway. I also tend to prefer less beefy/super muscular or busty dolls unless it fits my character. I'll almost always lean towards slimmer looking bodies (though it's kind of upsetting just how few body types there are available).

I haven't seen many dolls with particularly expressive faces, but they do intrigue me. I would totally get one if it fit a character of mine or if I happen to fall in love with it regardless and make a character around the doll itself. Same thing goes for "ugly" dolls, which to me are very unique and beautiful most of the time!

2. I’ve noticed I really like demure sleepy looking dolls. Every time I become interested in a slightly different doll I get drawn back in by a doll that’s more to my taste. I want to be experimental I swear but I just love gentle faces so much!

3. I love mature looking dolls, or teenager and up. I prefer realistic, or fantasy. I don’t like any dolls that look like real little children or baby’s. And clothing I like fantasy outfits, and I have a huge love for horned creatures! :love I have one tiny doll, that’s a little more baby like, but he’s a snail, and totally fantasy style. So I adore him. But I prefer creatures and he’s an exception more or less for a baby face I like. :D
      I do like large eyes at times, it really depends on the doll tho. My dolls vary. If I see it and “LOVE it” then it’ll most likely end up in my collection :D It tends to be creatures in the end every single time. I will buy or make horns for them and mod them of some sort. :love

4. My style and taste change from time to time. Recently, I like fantasy dolls and prefer thicker and more complicated face-up. I also started to collect special skin tone because of their uniqueness. Before transferring to fantasy dolls, most of my collection are mature, and wear casual clothing.

5. I am in love to make them fantasy . Elf ears with fantasy style and fantasy parts .

6. Gothic.. I'm not gothic myself but I love the gothic artwork ..and I love vampires . But still kinda afraid to put black or dark clothes on my dolls.