1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of BJD person are you?

Aug 26, 2007

?
  1. Hobbyist

2. Collector

3. Dreamer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Hobbyist 60% / Dreamer 40%

And someday when I have a high paying job >=D... collector.

2. I'm definately a Hobbyist. I'm actually majoring in Photography in college, and Aleksei is the BEST SUBJECT EVAR for my portfolio.

3. I think I'm about half-half between hobbyist and dreamer.

4. I voted hobbyist, but is it possible to be a combination of all three?

5. Once I get my first doll I'll probably be caught between a hobbyist and a dreamer. Because I know I will be taking a million pictures and making accompanying stories as well as designing clothes. I'm so excited to get my first one!!

6. I'm very much the sentimental dreamer, but I do believe there's a bit of a collector's motivation in there as well (for I do so love being surrounded by beautiful things). That said, I'm not the type who would go out of the way for the sake of a limited.
      I tend to find more beautify in the common (thus the rock collection, and the king cake baby collection, and the ever so popular, unlimited hound that I seem to be hopelessly enamored with).
      And while the search for beauty is a great motivator, imbuing the doll with a personality is for me more important.

7. I checked collector because even if I couldn't do anything with them, just having the dolls & acquiring all sorts of little things for them would be enough. But truthfully I'm about equal parts of all three.

I love to sew, make jewelry, do enhancements & take photos. I also enjoy finding names & making up stories & personalities for my dolls. Often when I'm too busy to actually create something I'll just look at my dolls & all sorts of things about their little universe will pop into my head.

But yes, I also do see my dolls as works of art & I find many of their clothes & especially shoes to be the same. I love being surrounded by beautiful things & these dolls certainly fit that ideal.

8. Its a hobby for me. I make their clothes and do their face-ups. Its an on going art project for me

9. Half hobbyist (well, photographer. I don't have that much talent in the other areas), half dreamer.

10. collector/dreamer mostly, since I don't have the time to be a hobbyist. I have done faceups before, and I airbrush blushed my own doll but mostly I feel as if I am a collector since my doll stuff seems to grow more abundant and my pockets seems to get thinner...

11. Hmm, I'm a cross between a Hobbyist and a Dreamer. But I chose Hobbyist because I think most Dreamers display a lot more of the qualities than me. :) As for being a hobbyist, I sew, photograph, make accessories... and eventually I want to try my hand at face ups and I might start making wigs. All of these things carry over from my main hobby, cosplay. XD

12. What a great thread :) I think I would be a cross between Hobbyist and Collector. I have never done any face ups but I have done a bit of body blushing, mani & pedi's and I'm nearly finished putting together my first Unoa from a kit. I love taking photographs even though I'm not very good at it and posting them on my blog.
      On the collector side of things I love hunting down hard to find shoes, wigs and clothing. I do love being surrounded by beautiful dolls and all their lovely little bits and pieces.

13. I would say dreamer XD I'm not very good at making stuff and I think I'll only stick with one BJD o.o; But taking photos is fun~ n__n

14. I'd have to say that I'm a dreamer as much as I am a hobbyist, and I find it very difficult to pick one of the two to describe myself. My Abadon will be the resin version of one of my own characters - but to get him perfect I'll have to work on him myself, and I can't wait for that.

15. I voted "dreamer," because my dolls definitely have personalities (whether or not I gave them to them is debatable) and I do write backstories and such for them.

But I could have just as easily voted "hobbyist," because I really enjoy working on them - restringing and heavy mods. I'm not very good at faceups and the such, but I'll take an x-acto knife or dremel to one of my crew without any hesitation.

16. I think I totaly a dreamer^_^
      All my doll have their own story and character!

17. Dreamer/Hobbyist - I love creating their little world. I wish I was better at working with the dolls - restringing, face-ups and the like, but I love making clothes for them.

18. I'm a dreamer with a collectors touch. I love to write the story my characters live in. Love to think about their actions, their motives etc. I'm constantly thinking about that when I'm playing with them.

And I'm a collector. I find myself searching for dolls that are hard to get or will be hard to get very soon. For instance, I keep searching for Kanon Louis, even though I know this is almost a mission impossible. I love his face, it's the first sculpt I fell in love with, but the same I love it that he's so hard too get. It's a challenge I gladly accept!

19. I think I'm mostly a hobbyist.. and a dreamer too.. Gosh, can't choose*-* Both really.. I love to take photos of my little BF Olive, and I love to sew clothes for her.. but at the same time, she's like a little tiny person with her own life and such..
      But mostly a hobbyist:3 Even if I'm not so good just yet.. But training makes perfect, right?

20. I'm a dreamer will a little bit of Hobbyist in there. I love thinking up little things for my dollies to do, just wish i had more clothes and stuff for them at the moment :sweat