1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of BJD person are you?

Aug 26, 2007

?
  1. Hobbyist

2. Collector

3. Dreamer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I try to limit my collection! I currently have one doll no hope to expand it to two or three! This hobby is so pricy!

2. Totally a hobbyist. Sure, there's a touch of dreamer in it, too, for me, but dolls are an avenue of creative exploration and a creative outlet. Sewing for dolls, even at such small scales, is far easier than sewing for myself (and quicker!), and building them little rooms and props is a fun way to try out things I might, maybe, one day in the far future try out full-sized at home.

3. I am a dreamer. Each of my bjd had unique background and personality

4. Mostly I'm a dreamer. But there's also hobbyist in me, and collector in a sense that I'd want to find a sculpt I love and want to buy from different companies, as many as possible. It might sound a bit dumb, but I like the idea :sweat

5. I guess that fall mostly into the "Collector" category but I also fall into the "Hobbyist" and "Dreamer" categories in some aspects.
      Just having and being also to look at and hold my doll makes me happy but I'm an artist and do enjoying photography and making things for my doll. I also see my doll as an individual and care a lot for her.

I don't think that there are many people that fall strictly into one category, we're all a mix of everything to a point.

6. :kitty2Dreamer:kitty2 My dolls are living my dreams

7. I'm a hobbyist. Customization is so much fun!

8. Most definitely a dreamer and a tad bit of a hobbyist. In in love with creating oc's :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. I would say dreamer because those dolls are so beautiful like a dream come true hehe!
      Also i like to create my Oc's with them, im not sure though if i can ever have them all my fave Oc's done but im still dreaming that one day i will have all my Oc's in Bjds but wait a second...
      I think im hobbyist also because if you like to have your Ocs come true you must to spent allot of time to them also so is kind of hobby as well!

10. I would say that I mostly fall under being the dreamer. Almost all of my dolls are avatars of some sort from some story I was working on. :3

Sent from the future via SkyNet

11. I think i'm both a hobbyist and a dreamer. I love photography and sewing, but I love story writing part too!

12. Definitely the Hobbyist. I love to sew and knit, and prefer to do so at tiny-BJD scale. So I get to create and paint little sweethearts, then make clothes for them that match their personalities. I've made clothes for my other vinyl dolls too.

13. I'm mainly a collector. I have expanded from 1 BJD to 4 and 2 on the way within a year, OMG! Yep I've spent all my savings:doh no not really. I love searching for and finding that perfect doll at the perfect price so most of mine are second hand. The thrill of the hunt is what I enjoy most but I do have little bit of dreamer in me since one of my dolls to be is a beloved character drow and I do have characters and stories for a few of my dolls. All of us in this hobby has a bit of hobbyist in them I think. I know I do! LOL! I love to search for and buy my dolls cute shoes, dresses and props. But my favorite part of all is photographing my dolls and creating storylines within the photos or just having them looking cute in a pose is fun for me :dance

14. I'm a hobbyist all the way :D Although I do share a few dreamer and collector features, I tend to care about the skills i can develop and practice on the bjd more ;) I mean, I generally treat them/regard them as a "3D canvas". I can paint them, paint *on* them, sew for them, dress them, photograph and pose them and, finally, write about them. It's just sooo awesome :D I mean, bjds are one of the best things (and hobby-wise *the* best thing) that ever happened to me in my life <3