1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of BJD person are you?

Aug 26, 2007

?
  1. Hobbyist

2. Collector

3. Dreamer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Hobbiest Dreamer... probably more hobbiest since I'm planing the dresses and face ups before I've even gotten her.. or named her appropriatly! T.T''

2. I'm a hobby type. I've loved sewing and paining/drawing for a long time, and dolls allow me to continue that. I have some of the dreamer ideas in there, but to me, those also go with being a hobbiest. I write stories, and the dolls are characters I ahve created, but that's to go with what I want to write, and make photostories about. So really, it all boils down to my hobbies, really.

3. Dreaming hobbyist. :)
      'Manic' is a character from one of my stories; the doll's a miniature, three dimensional version of something that would only exist on paper otherwise. I'm always trying to make clothes that look like what he actually wears, finessing his face-up, etc. But I think of him more as my character than as another El. ;)

4. Dreamer with Hobbyist mixed in. I loev my fantasy world for my dolls but also love to create for them because it makes them more real. To poor to be a collector, though. :lol:

5. My boys have stories and ambitions and everything that humans do. (I still know they're dolls though. I can distinguish that what personality I have reflected onto them is just what I see in them.)

But at the same time, I have the collector urge too. I have a long list of dolls that I have no desire to give a personality to, I just want them around because they'd be beautiful pieces of art.

6. Dreamer/Hobbyist
      50/50

7. hobbyist/dreamer.
      i like making stuff, but im nowhere near professional level.

8. hmmm... I don't know, hobbyist or dreamer I guess? I don't fit into any of them really. I try to collect what I like, not one of each type... and I like making photos of them, but I don't create stories... Well I guess the photo taking would make me a hobbyist though...

9. I love the artist/hobbyist aspect but the dreamer thing runs a close second. I just don't think there would be one without the other, I like the ability to "make it happen".

10. I'm mostly a dreamer, but I'm starting to get more into the hobbyist aspect now that my boy's on the way...

11. I actually voted for "Collector" since I knew it would be the least-chosen, most under-represented catagory... although, in all honesty, there are definitely aspects of all three in the way that I interact with my crew. They're a collection. But they're not "just" a set of pretty objects that I have because they're unusual or valuable... There are aspects of character and story involved with them, and they most often "earn their keep" by acting as my photography models.

It's pretty much impossible to say that I'm purely one sort of owner or another, and I suspect that's going to be true for a lot of us.

12. I voted 'hobbyist' I am ofcourse a little of everything but mostly I like these dolls because they give me a reason to be creative. I make clothes and do faceup to a certain extent. It's so much fun! :D

13. I chose collector because honestly, that is what I do. I hunt down all the ones that I want and enjoy them looking beautiful. While I imbue my dolls with a character, they're not my children or anything of the sort. I actually dislike doing a lot of the hands on hobby work, though I do love to photograph them.

There's a lot of stigma attached to being a collector of these dolls that I think is rather stupid.

14. Most a dreamer,but also a hobbyist..I like to give my girls their own character,story,outfits wich fits the personality. Sometimes I sew for them,but I'm really bad in it ;)

15. Hobbiest / Dreamer - I usually get my boys with some character in mind, but actually MAKING them be that character, wellllll, sometimes they tend to go "I think NOT, I'm someone else!!"

Ahh,the joys of bonding, or in some cases, NOT... *grr*

16. Dreamer all the way! :thumbup

17. Hobbist and dreamer, but mainly hobbist.

18. Im 60% Hobbyest, but 40% Dreamer, too. I love making things for kamari and spoling her and doing faceups and the like, but I also love to 'play' with her and she defiantely does have a personality ^w^

19. I'm mainly a dreamer but I'm also a hobbyist because I'm learning how to sew and make jewelry for dolls now. ^^ I've been designing clothes for years, so it's nice to have my own model for it. I've also been interested in photography for quite some time, so when I get a camera...photoshoot time! :)
      Mainly...the dolls are based off of characters I or my g/f have made that we hold dear to us. It makes the character seem a little more real now that we can touch it. I tend to get overly emotional and protective of my Unoa for that reason. "Don't mess up Komesho's hair, she hates that. ;-;" it drives my mom bonkers. :sweat

20. dreamer collector. it's not that i will go out of my way to collect limited editions(though i'm dying to get a bermann) or clothes etc but i collect things. dolls are things. but at the same time i'm a dreamer because once i've collected the things i get attached and then they become like my babies!(lol just like my kitten. i pretty much am his mother)