1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of BJD person are you?

Aug 26, 2007

?
  1. Hobbyist

2. Collector

3. Dreamer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Collector hobbyist here

I'm mainly a collector, but that's solely because my job and commute leave me very little time to play. As somebody who has done seamstress work semi-professionally in the past, I also like to sew but, again, that has to happen when I'm not commuting, teaching, or grading papers, exams, and projects. I would love to have time to work on my face-up skills ... I used to have my own porcelain reproduction doll business, and painting on porcelain and on resin are very different, although you wouldn't think they would be.

I do have my own line of yo-clothing, and I periodically develop patterns for and knit things for the resin kids.

2. I think I am a Dreamer.

My three boys all have their own personality, I hope this is to be seen in my photostories ( and I hope THIS was good english now... ^^)

I don't have angels and demons... yet ;)

The next doll will defenitely be an angel, the first angel with pointed ears ;)

But I think I have also something of a Hobbyist, for all the sewings I have done for my boys.

Noone of us is only one category I think. We are all mixed up somehow.

3. Oops... :sweat
      Typical me, not reading the definitions before I voted. Shoot.
      I voted "dreamer" because I can only dream of them! I'll never have enough money... or so it seems :)

4. At the moment I am mainly a collector.

I even collect tons of materials for bjd jewellery and outfits.
      I wish I had more time for handicrafts and needlework...

5. I voted hobbyist as im very into trying to make stuff, and do my first faceup on my next doll but i also come under the DREAMER section as i had stories worked out for my first 3 dolls before id even got them!

6. Dreamer and Hobbyist! i don't even have my doll yet and i have made some clothes, objects for him. Also have a little 'character' for him too :) but i think i'd be under Hobbyist, as i originally wanted one to help me draw/photograph/make clothes :)

7. I'm a hobbyist and dreamer. I make doll clothes, have made 3 outfits already and look forward to using my doll for drawing and photography.

But I'm a dreamer because I have written a backstory for the two dolls I'm going to get and plan on continuing their stories. I think they have so much personality.

I'm not really a collector. I want two dolls and that's it. I can't imagine myself having more than two dolls because I want them to be very special to me and not part of a bit collection. Besides I already collect my little ponies.

8. Generally more of a hobbyest than anything, but I've thought on several occasions about doing a comic with them; it might be fun.

9. Hobbyist/Dreamer.

I thought about collector before btu now I realise hats not for me, while I'd love all those pretty limiteds....I think do I want them because they are or because I genuinely like them.

I've stoped the collector thing now and I love the hobby side, I'm very creative and I love design, enhancing my characters and there lives is so much fun ^^

10. I'm a dreamer sub hobbyist^^; While I love the limiteds, there are very few I'll actually be able to procure, much less bring myself to customize. I have my elf Ducan. I can die happy^^ Sewing clothes for him is another story though lol.

So, not a whole lot of collector to me, other than the idea of collecting enough dolls to fulfill all my characters O.o;

11. The moment I saw 'dreamer' was an option I knew it was going to be a big group, of which I fell into. XD

12. I'd say I'm more of a hobbyist than anything else... the customization/artistic element is what first intrigued me. I love doing faceups, taking photos, doing mods! But I also love to write stories, and I couldn't have these dolls lying around without personalities! So I guess I am a bit of a dreamer too.

13. I would call myself a dreamer with a healthy dose of frustrated hobbyist. I love the idea of making clothes and doing faceups and the like, but the talent to carry out these things isn't quite there. Doesn't stop me from trying though!

14. Hehehe, seems like I'm in the majority. Definitely a dreamer, I totally love coming up with characters for soon-to-be dolls (since I don't have any yet, but already have a 'wishlist', lol) Then again, it's sort of to be expected I suppose, since I'm an aspiring writer as it is. It would feel weird to /not/ give them personalities and stories and backgrounds...

Slowly though I think I'll mesh into the hobbyist group too...the idea of doing face-ups and customizations really intrigues me and I'd like to learn how to do it ^_^

15. Dreamer with a hint of hobbyist for me.^^

16. 1. Hobbyist--I'm a bit of all three, but I guess I'm mostly an artist and very visual--I just love the idea of having my dolls that I can dress and customize and be creative with!

2. The Collector in me is what leads me to buy these beauties and tons and tons of outfits and wigs... *sigh* It's not first, because I'm not interested in having a collection, really. I just like 'having stuff.' Otherwise I guess I'd be happy viewing the Gallery and not spending almost every penny I can earn... *sigh*

3. Dreamer--well, that's at the back of it all... I do love characters and stories and the imagination. I do not invest all of that in my dolls, but it's in the background, for sure.

Interesting thread!

17. Hobbyist mostly; I love all the customization and modifying possibilities and sewing and doing face ups and everything.

18. In the first place I am a hobbyist, I adore photographing them and giving them new faceups. I wish I could sew clothes for them but alas I'm not good with a sewing machine. Maybe when I find the time and patience I'll try my hand in drawing them.

And I can't wait to see my MNM celeb heads, this way I'll have even more fun photographing them~!!

Second place I am a dreamer, and I adore maybe even love Kaoru as an individual. I have been looking for a second little sidekick to brighten up my day, maybe a little smaller than Kaoru so he'll be easier to carry around to work and where ever I want to go.

Anyways I voted "hobbyist" because that's my main reason for these dolls and the dreaming comes along with them ^_~*

Sabriell

19. I voted hobbyist but am a collector too.. I like to customize the dolls myself and its gotten me into learning to sew more and even buying a higher grade sewing machine to do what I want to do.
      But I am a collector too as I don't take them places, and mainly have them standing or sitting around for only me to look at.

20. Mostly hobbyist with a fair amount of Dreamer here^^

I just loooove phototaking sooooo much <3