1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of BJD person are you?

Aug 26, 2007

?
  1. Hobbyist

2. Collector

3. Dreamer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Hobbyist. I love making things for my dolls. I would rather make something for them than for myself

2. Dreamer / Hobbyist on my side. I love my little resin people but I also love making them things, doing faceups for them, etc. Dreamer comes out just slightly on the higher side, as I'm a compulsive story-teller and can't interact with something without creating a story about it. :lol:

Good question!

3. Dreamer. their personality is more important to me than their clothes, even though their clothes are a part of their personality:? also because I don't have one and I'm dreaming of one:sweat

4. Hobbyist mainly, with a side of Dreamer. I adore the customization aspects of dolls, and ultimately this is what keeps me so enthusiastic about the hobby. But I also like coming up with characters and stories based upon the customization I've done as a Hobbyist. So being a Dreamer is a natural extension of what I do as a Hobbyist.

5. I am mainly a hobbyist but also a bit of a collector. I love having rare/limited dolls.

6. Half Dreamer and half Hobbyist. I like to give my dolls a character and personality of their own, but I also really like the creative side of this hobby. For example, I want to learn to do better face-ups and I enjoy photography. Sometimes I also sew, even though I really suck at that. I've also done some not-so-good modding ^^;.

7. I'm a bit of all three really but with the emphasis on 'Hobbyist' as i enjoy the photography and sewing side, i don't collect dolls in the true sense of the word - if they don't float my boat then i don't buy them whether or not they are limited - but they do seem to collect together themselves. Whoops, another doll! Too many dolls is like having too many pets, you can't devote enough time to each one if you have too many - i'm talking about me here not anyone else.
      As to Dreaming........i do think of little scenarios for my dolls but their private lives are their own - i don't have a clue what they are up to half the time.

I just enjoy having fun with my dolls.....now i'm off to remove the remaining layer of skin from my fingers by finishing my 5th doll outfit in 2 weeks
      :lol: :)

8. I think there are more collectors out there then they would like to admit, but I feel there is a stigma attached to the term which may keep some people from choosing that option. So I would just like to say there is absolutely nothing wrong with being mainly a collector, it doesn't mean you don't love or enjoy your dolls any less.

Sera~

9. Definetly hobbyist. :D

10. A bit of all three.

11. I kind of think of myself as both a Dreamer and a Hobbyist as I like to imagine my BJD as these special people in my life, but also enjoy the pics stories, the sewing and such that I can do for them and myself. But we can only vote once so I chose dreamer. MK:D

12. I'm a fusion of the Hobbyist and the Dreamer. It's good sewing practice for me to make clothes for my doll, especially since it's hard to find clothes in his size. I want to learn how to do my own faceups using chalk pastel so I can get the face precisely the way I envision it. I'm also trying to get better at photography so I can do a photostory or two.

The Dreamer side of me likes giving them distinctive names, personalities, preferences, etc., and sometimes I use them in original fiction. I also want to use them as physical models for drawing, which I still need to learn.

I can't say I'm a Collector, since I don't see myself having 5-6+ dolls/floating heads like some people I know and I certainly don't have the money for that (unless I cut back significantly on other things, which I don't want to do. ^^) There are two more that I really want right now, and after I get those I'll be content just having three.

13. Dreamer, without doubt! ;)

14. I'm a little bit of a dreamer and a little bit of a hobbyist.

15. Oops. I accidentally voted. I am a Dreamer, but I do not own any dolls at the moment. D:
      That is what I get for not understanding the post, or re-reading it over again. ><

But does it still count if I dream of having a lot of dollies later on?

16. hhhmmmm.... im definetly not a collector but i tink im a dreamer and a tiny bit hobbyist its really hard to define yourself but yeah, dreamer /hobbyist, lol

17. i would say i'm a dreamer, in them there is escapism

18. I'm a bit of all three, but more towards dreamer. I love bringing my characters to life. I would like to be more of a hobbyist than I am but I'm nervous about changing things and lazy to boot. And well there is the part of me that is a collector; tiny shoes! My mother used to joke when I was younger that I was a collector of collections. There are several outfits that I have bought purely because I thought they looked awesome, I rather doubt I'll be using some of them anytime soon, if ever.

19. When I talk to other people I say collector. It's easier than trying to explain how I make resin likenesses of my original characters and then take pictures of them.

Essentially I'm a hobbyist. I'm a pretty lousy seamstress, and I'm terrible at faceups, and I usually resort to commissions for both. But I always end up going back to try again. But the photography is my biggest passion in this hobby. I really have a lot of improvement to go on it, but when I look back at pictures of my first doll I see how far I've come and it makes me excited to keep getting better.

I'd say partly a dreamer too, but not as intensely as a lot of people. I have a little philosophy about that actually. Yes, my dolls are special to me, and I'm terribly fond of them, but they are only representations of what's more important. The OP mentioned an author's love for his/her characters, which is funny cause that's what I am. But I don't get that same attachment that some people do, because I know that no matter what happens to the doll, the character is still mine and will always be a part of me. My dolls aren't real, any emotions they have are those I project onto them. It's the characters that are real, and the dolls are the hobby inspired by them.

20. I'm both Dreamer and Hobbyist. But more of the dreamer an anything.