1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of doll clothing do you think is the worst?

Apr 4, 2011

1. I don't mind snaps when necessary, but personally I'd rather have to take off the head to put on a shirt than have snaps down the back of every garment.

2. Iplehouse EID shoes - not the shoes themselves, but the fact that every single shoe/boot they have for EID women have heels, not every woman wears heels 24/7, I'd like to see Iple make trainers or flat shoes for their EID ladies

3. Let's see...

1. Staining. Drives me INSANE.
      2. Teeny buttons. Please make them ornamental.
      3. Out of proportion fabric/buttons/etc...
      4. Poorly made clothes; unfinished seams etc...
      5. Clothes that don't fit dolls they were designed for.

Yeah, that's about it.

4. I can understand that, they do leave that "HERE'S A CLOSURE" bump in the back.
      But i change my dolls clothing way to much to take her head off every time i want to change her top.

5. Badly sewn clothing.
      I've seen a few before that made me just stare and wonder how they even got the mess of fabric and string on thier dolls... o3o

I kinda like ill fitting clothing on a smaller doll, its really cute as temporary clothing to me, or when a msd wear sd sized shoes it think its adorable on certain dolls, like my friend's iplehouse tania and her sd converse xD and I really don't concern myself with staining, although I know I should... x_o

6. I don't actually mind clothing that stains at all! :D There's nothing a magic eraser and elbow grease can't get off, in my experience. One of my dolls is supposed to look filthy dirty all the time so the more stains on him, the better.
      The only type of clothing I can't stand is the stuff I make myself, I'm a terrible seamstress! ^^ It also annoys me when clothes take forever to get on and off, but that's generally my dolls being awkward.

7. Yeah it gets to be a pain sometimes. And Tovarious has pointy ears so clothes that would normally go over his head won't. He has a couple things (mainly his hoody) that is a little baggy and I can pull over his ears without having the neck line down past his chest, but a lot of his shirts need his head removed to put them on. I think he has one top I bought and a button-up I made that have snaps and that's it. Sometimes I'll keep him in the same clothes for awhile just so I don't have to dig out the twine I use to pull his S hook and take his head off.

8. arent you supposed to take your doll's head off before you put something on it anyway? I always take my girl's head off when i dress her...

anyway. I don't like sacks. and stuff that you can tell someone didn't take a lot of care to make. There are SO many tutorials out there to help you learn how to sew and make nice clothes for your dolly. take your time, be patient, and make something nice for your baby!

9. just sexual clothes for obvious child dolls like littlefees

10. Clothes that stain give me rage.

I'm not a big Velcro fan, either. That crap snags on EVERYTHING.

I despise clothes that don't close properly, especially pants that leave the butt hanging out. I don't like that on real people, and I hate it on my dolls.

11. Staining, ill-fitting, badly sewn and bulky/out of scale are all on my list. I also hate when they restrict posing (like the ability to sit...) However my pet peeve is:

Clothing, that once put on, cannot be taken off!!! Especially with shoes. I mean what is the point of placing buttons, zippers and all closures in a way that you can fight the piece of clothing on, but when it comes to taking them off...they just won"t budge. Grrrrr.

12. Continuing Smaug's line of thinking, I hate stiff, tight-fitting shoes and boots that won't come off once they go on. I understand the desire for shoes to look realistic--heck, half the reason I got into this hobby was because of the amazing shoes!--but doll feet aren't flexible the way human feet are. Shoe designers need to take that inflexibility into account, somehow. Discreet elastic goring on the sides, maybe? Built-in ribbon "pullers" to help with shoe removal? Miniature shoehorns?

13. Well if it snaps up the front or up the back then obviously you wouldn't have to take your doll's head off. You just slip it on the arms and snap it up. I always take my doll's wig off, but only take off his head when I need to. Some clothes I can get away with pulling on over his head and some I can't.

14. that creeps me out. I dont like seeing this one really little kids either. oh gosh the stuff theyre dressed in sometimes!

15. Badly-sewn, poorly-finished clothing. The wrong length of stitch; running stitch used when it should be backstitched. Out of scale prints, trims, buttons and fastenings. Sock tube dresses. Good fabrics ruined by the wrong choice of hem or seam - if it's a fraying fabric, for goodness' sake serge the edges, or use rolled hems and French seams!!

Nothing annoys me more than receiving a garment and knowing I could have made it better myself even on an off day. It's why I so rarely buy clothing for my dolls these days and instead make it all myself.

16. i don't like velcro, but do use it sparingly eg on small pants flys.
      i hate nylon lace. it can never look any good, and i've seen nice dresses really brought down by an edging of nylon lace.

17. My particular distaste in clothes comes mainly from personal tastes as stated before that staining at times can be inevitable but also easily removed.

I do hate clothing that is 'slippery' in a sense and makes it harder for you to hold
      on to your dollies. @@

Fashion sense I'm not fond of certain materials like toile or scratchy materials.
      Unfitting clothes and clothes with bulky tight sleeves or bulky pant legs also isn't
      very helpful to dress your doll in, is it? Especially when their fingers get snagged. @@

18. Bizarre Shoe Tip: the replacement-heads for the Oral-B Cross Action Power Toothbrush comes with something which turns out to be a tailor-made doll shoehorn. It's the thingy you use to detach the old head before installing the new one.... It's a litle blunt-edged plastic thing, scoop-shaped, tapered, with an angle, and it works perfectly... slips underneath the doll's heel to pry his foot out of the most incredibly tricky boots DollHeart can come up with. If you have seen some of the ridiculous boots my boys wear, you know how important a little tool like a dolly shoehorn can be. ^^ Accidental discovery that changed those dolls' lives.

So yeah, what I'm wondering is, why hasn't Volks already started making real dolly shoehorns & selling them for like fifteen bucks a pop? :lol:

19. Anything that stains is a given. I've spent hours scrubbing dye stains off of dolls. I also hate 70cm clothes because there's hardly anything out there that's good, and if you mess up on making something, you're wasting a lot of fabric and when you do find something good, it's expensive. I have a love/hate relationship with leather (fake or real) too. Daolan looks great in it, but half of the stuff I've gotten has either stained him or made posing difficult. He has this great pair of leather pants that fits pretty well, but getting his legs to bend in them so I can sit him on a shelf is a chore.

Otherwise, my least favorite thing is clothing that just doesn't fit, good designs made with awful fabric prints and things that are blatantly out of scale.

20. Especially weird, as I ran into more shoehorns in Japan than in my entire previous life. Well, it makes a certain amount of sense, but when I'm leaving a pub and wrestling on my runners, being offered a shoehorn isn't actually useful to me (never used one in my life) :sweat.

However, I have occasionally wondered about dolly shoehorns. Discreet zippers on the back of boots and shoes are my friends, because wrestling off too-tight, stiff shoes is the worst, as other posters have mentioned.