1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of doll clothing do you think is the worst?

Apr 4, 2011

1. I dont know what it is...but pants with a high seat....my boy sits down and you can see booty. Its cuta and kinda funny, but when i or somebody takes pictures, its kind of lazy looking for him to have it half out =(

2. Yes, I cannot fathom why dolly shoemakers don't have the sense to place those darn zippers on the back. No, half the time they are on the sides - which is sometimes ruining the look of the boots, and it makes removing them infinitely more challenging...><

WoW, but these cute Oral-B "shoehorns" sound really promising - I'll see if they sell them here. Thanks for the tip JennyNemesis :D

3. Yes, ill fitting pants! And trying to find clothing for like slim minis, like the Minifee. Fairyland puts out like nothing for them. I'd like to get a chicline el too....but sheeze, there is nothing for that line either. It's almost pointless. Why have the doll if you can't find them clothing?

4. I don't have many problems with doll clothing. I don't mind badly sewn clothes on anyone else's doll (I've actually seen it look cute) but I can't STAND my badly sewn stuff on my dolls. It's frustrating, especially since I am just now learning so I haven't made anything of quality yet. I also don't mind snaps or velcro, I actually kinda hate the stuff you HAVE to take the doll's head off. If only because my dolls are so tightly strung. I just can't stand it.

5. People who dress all of their dolls in crochet, all of the time. Yuck.
      I mean, I understand that if you can't afford to buy/make them clothes with normal fabric, that you would take advantage of knitting/crochet skills. But for realism's sake, do you see people wearing entire crochet outfits every day?
      Sorry if it sounds rude, but it really bothers me. :sigh

6. Clothes that stain. Aughhh.

Though I'm learning how to sew and am having some problems with fitting... And one very strange problem with one pair of pants and its fly coming open every time my doll sat. I had to make him a new pair so he'd stop flashing people.

7. I'm not a fan of super casual clothes (i.e. jeans and a white t-shirt). I always feel like they make an expensive doll look cheaper.:P

8. I hate shirts or pants made out of Floral patterns or anything yellow in color that just my opion

9. Some of my friends use the term 'man-slut clothes' ;) It usually means leather hot pants and see through vests, lace up sides...that kind of thing on a boy doll. Its something that I find really off putting, maybe as a guy I look at clothes like that and go 'eeeekkk!' imagining wearing them myself!

10. Edited slightly to be more kind:
      I'm gonna get chased off the boards but... Anything that looks like it was bought at Hot Topic. Pleather, black mesh, buckles and chains and zippers, "Man-slut" clothes, chunky soles, ..If that's your thing, have at it, but I can't stand it myself.

To be a little less subjective, I don't like clothing that stains, or that means you can't move the doll.

I make most of my doll's clothes, but out of the modern style storebought ones I have, I love Iplehouse's pants and the quality of the Dollheart fers, because the things move around the doll body, fitted to them! Nothing gets in the way of posing. The stitches are teensy tiny! Even the buttons are in scale!

I guess another peeve of mine is serged edges instead of hems. They look very out of scale to me and break the whole illusion of realism.

Edited again! Forgot something! Dale Rae flats' black soles drive me nuts!! They leave black marks on my girls' legs, which is so sad because I love how simple and perfect they are as shoes! I SO wish they would come with nonmarking or white soles. As it is, maybe I need to get some really thing stockings and just buy shoes a bit bigger than needed so they'll fit over the socks.

11. Anything that can damage the doll or is a major pain to get on and off. (Agreeing with the teeny tiny buttons!)