1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of eyes do you shop for?

Oct 8, 2016

1. I like more realistic eyes, I've found. My RS Mi - Iris - has glitter turquoise eyes and I am finding I like them less and less. On the other hand, Ayla has glass dark green eyes that I adore. I've ordered some fern green eyes for one of my tinies and I think I'm going to order some new ones for Iris that are more natural looking. Maybe in a darker colour. I've only been in the hobby a few months, so I am still figuring out what I like...but I'm fairly certain I'll be going with more natural, preferably glass, eyes in the future.

2. The eyes I use most are Dollmore Special Mono Acrylics. They are standard sized pupilless mono coloured eyes which really catch the light well and compliment my fantasy sculpts perfectly. Other than those I use Kokdoll for low dome small pupil glass eyes.

3. I like shiny eyes, those with sequins and diamonds attract me most! :love

4. I bought Ocsar eyes for my friend, THEIR EYES ARE AWSOMEEEEE!!!

5. Almost all of my dolls wear eyes by Masterpiece and Eyeco. I find that these eyes are some of the most realistic out there (and I like realistic!) and they always fit well because of the soft materiel they're made of- which is great to avoid any annoying 'gaps'.

Not sure why so many people feel soft glass eyes/silicone eyes are difficult to keep clean? I have never had any problems with soft glass eyes getting super dusty or anything like that :3

6. I wish I bought more Oscar eyes!! I bought my first pair in December, and now they are closing down!
      Well - they have been bought by Swan Doll, but it's not certain they'll make the same designs :pout:

7. I regret I didn't buy it too! I wish they won't close down QAQ I heard some rumours about it, some says bjd agency in China is persuading Oscar not to close down

8. I really hope they succeed! :eusa_pray I had several pairs on my wishlist before they closed orders :...(

9. I hope that so, their eyes are amazingggg!

10. I prefer eyes made of glass. I tend to buy the more natural colors with the swirlies in the iris instead of the more plain ones but I really like the fantasy colors with all of the glitter and metalic bits or novelty pupils. They're so pretty but don't fit any of my characters at all.

11. I've been searching for a specific ghostly gold color, and I've found it on a number of eyes, glass with no detail, highly realistic acrylic, etc, but every time, the eye is just not available. Talk about frustrating!
      I'll be trying my hand at making eyes if the mold ever gets here! I guess it's coming from China.

#51 FuyumiAya, Feb 17, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    12. I love glass eyes and old Zoukei-mura eyes are my favorite(but now it's very hard to get them with good conditions), I also love Miyabi and Silver eyes (most of my eye collections are from those two brands), for non-glass eyes, I love DF but the waiting time is so long( I have an order placed 5 years ago and not received them yet). old MY eyes are also good, but they turns yellow as time goes on.

13. Nothing particular but I believe I love glass eyes in realistic (a bit anime also OK) style, as they reflect the human eyes, the light, and also my shadow. It makes my children look real and have a soul in them...

14. I absolutely love glass eyes, as they are more realistic and nice quality. Colors depend on the doll, but I usually go for blues, green, brown, etc.

15. I've only tried acrylic, resin, and glass. I like glass eyes the most, they are so bright and glossy. I don't always go for natural colors as some of my dolls are elves, fairies, or mages.The resin ones that came with my dolls from Lume are nice, with small irises. I have a pair of Oscardoll eyes, and they are beautiful.

16. I started out purchasing whichever colored eyes I could use for my dolls. Then I discovered a person who would make them completely custom around 2009-2010. I started purchasing eyes with small iris, compared to average doll eyes that have iris sizes that take upward of 60% of the whole eye -- I prefer more realistic sized irises, so I need them to be 1:3 of the eye, or smaller. However, I am not a fan of resin, so I stopped shopping for eyes, despite not having all the ones I need yet, because I don't want to own eyes that will eventually degrade over time. I prefer glass or silicone, but nobody makes 100% custom eyes, that have semi-realistic irises in those materials.

17. I love eyes that stand out! If they have fun shapes in them, are very shimmery or shiny or otherwise will stand out in photography, I'll probably love them!

18. Glass, they are sooo stunning! They also have the most depth

19. I love realistic, but kind of magical or really pretty eyes! A quick example I grabbed would be something like this? (But I would prefer it to be less printed looking, if that makes sense?)
      [​IMG]
      (Image Source)

20. Though I also love the opalescent kinds, but most of them don't come with pupils and I'm not a fan of that particular look.