1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Kind Of Eyes Do You Want To See More Of?

Jan 12, 2017

1. I'd like some eyes with sclera colors other than white and black. Maybe even some eyes where the sclera has additional detail.

2. Ohhh! That could be awesome to see too! Like maybe a tiny ‘sclera tattoo’ kind of thing? Those are terrofying IRL but it could be interesting to see on a doll!

3. ... or sclera is with any pattern. Good idea!

4. Kind of a boring answer, but more BROWN eyes.
      Most of the brown eyes I have managed to find are actually red or orange and are labeled as brown, or are so flat and look almost black from a distance/in photos.
      I would just love to find a pair of rich chocolate brown eyes with depth that look that way in photos as well.

5. it isnt so much as an eye, but different styles of pupils. i make my own so colors arent an issue, but if i want to make a specific animal type, i have to paint the pupil shape. i usually need to glue a round pupil on top and add more paint or it just looks flat flat flat...it would be nice if i could buy more shapes than just round or cat eye.

6. Dolls with pupils with shapes like stars or galaxy irises are things that I wish to see more of.

7. I'd love to see more realistically-detailed and colored urethane or resin eyes. Human eyes are amazingly variable things, and even within basic color ranges like "brown" or "green" there are all kinds of additional shades and patterns that just never show up in doll eyes. I have yet to find a really-convincing green/gold-brown hazel, for instance, or even a good dark-brown-with-blueish-"tea ring" (Like my own-). People have done great work with fantasy colors and all kinds of blinged-out inclusion eyes, but for all the hyper-realism we're starting to see in some of the doll sculpts themselves, no one seems to have tried tackling equally-detailed eyes.

8. I'd like some realistic eyes with small iris. :D

And maybe more blind eyes too.

9. OMG I was just gonna mention those kinds of eyes, myself!! Thanks so much for linking these!

10. Tiny pupils
      bloodshot
      smaller irises
      all of these things exist, but never in the exact size, style or color I need.
      Which brings me to -- more styles offered in 12mm and smaller. Doll's eyes are getting smaller than they used to be, and I have no need for 14mm or bigger eyes....and everything I want these days only comes in those sizes.

11. At first I wanted more eyes with smooth flat backs but as my photography improves, eyes with stems makes shifting them without moving the putty around MUCH easier. So some more eyes with stems would be really nice

12. I'd love glass eyes similar to Oscar Doll or Enchanted Doll but with non-black pupils. Leekeworld and Painted Wings have started, but they are limited to mostly blue and 14 or 16 mm. I'd love a pair with pink, sparking iris and burgandy pupil.

13. Any eyes with nonstandard pupils would be cool. Sometimes stylized anime illustrations give their characters heart or star pupils, and I personally would like to see more slitted eyes in non-cat colors.

I've seen this sentiment repeated a lot in the thread. Maybe we should all get together and start a store specifically for oddball eyes? 8P

14. I'd love to see more variety in the smaller eyes, especially with regard to iris size. Most of my dolls take 12mm (mostly smaller) eyes, but a lot of the standard ones you can find have too much iris, or the dome is too high causing the eye to fit weirdly. It's also a lot harder to find fun 6mm or 8mm eyes with different colored pupils and such in general.

#74 Kayka, Feb 1, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    15. 6mm eyes in general? I love my tiny girl's eyes, they're perfect, but I'd also like the same kind of options as for my girl with the 14mm eyes.

16. I'd like to see some more glow in the dark eyes. I've seen a few but none I've really liked. I'd also like to see some more variety with sclera. I'm planning on making a doll that needs red sclera and red irises and I've basically given up looking and decided to make my own.

17. I would want to see eyes with more color blends. What I mean by this is that I would like to see (for example) a pink eye with blue accents to it. Kinda like when you pour liquid coffee creamer into sweet tea with mixing it. Does that make sense? Or I would like to see eyes that have more graphic design like unique shaped pupils.

18. I too am a sucker for coloured scleras (though it's hell to find even black ones, at least for me. The only combination I've found so far was black sclera with red iris and that's about it.)
      Or pupils in different shapes.

19. I am DESPERATE for ATTRACTIVE low dome eyes! I also want more shojo-ish anime eyes with sparkles and flowers in them- that are affordable! LOL! But mostly low domes! GAH! I cannot emphasize that enough. For some reason I have a ton of dolls with- I don't know- shallow eyewells? And high dome eyes either look cross-eyed, won't fit, or gap horribly.

20. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I'd like to see more animal-esque eyes.