1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what kind wig do you prefer( fur,fiber,real human hair?)

Jun 2, 2007

1. I'm a fur wig maniac X3 Coz only fur wigs can make cute spikes! X3

2. Gah, true!
      Only fur wigs can make adorable spikes that defy gravity! :D

3. I have made several wigs out of sheepskin. My husband is going to cut his hair before long, and has offered it to me to make a wig out of. Have to tint it, tho.It's very thick, but lots o' grey.

4. please delete post

5. I think it depends on the doll image. One of my doll has fur and one has just regular doll hair.

6. well my Hana fiber wig is a nightmare! it is never neat, so i think i will get her a furry wig sometime. and Will is going to have a snythetic but a kaloken one if you have ever had an american Girl doll thats the stuff their hair is made of (alot easier to handle IMO)

7. I prefer fur, but fiber wigs are okay, too. Real human hair seems out of scale for my boy (1/4 sized). And, is a little expensive for my taste. I love fur wigs because they're sooo fun to style! :D And some are realllyy soft.

8. I would prefer fiber cause it feels nicer in my hands and is easier to care for. Although I do like the mohair cause it is so soft to the touch and is great for the "just got out of bed" look. I'm somewhat against using real human hair cause I think human hair should go for making wigs for people with cancer cause they need a more realstic looking wig during their cancer treatments than a doll needs.

9. I love fur and mohair wigs. They're easier to shape and style, IMO, and they don't get as tangly or as difficult to deal with as fiber wigs.

10. I have all sorts, but I alwasy come back to my synthetics.

I have several types, from various companies, but my favorite is still the default one that came with my Volks Dollfie Dream. Its lovely- well styles, and easy to maintain. ^_^

11. I like fiber hair normally because it's comes into styles and colors that I enjoy.

12. i think human hair would be better, but i'm new to this all, so i could be wrong. =P

13. Engel's wig is Human hair and once I start on making Nibbles' wig he'll probably be human as well It's just easier to do in my opinion when you want to do different styles.

14. I prefer fur wigs, but finding one with the right colour and one that sits right can be pretty hard. I prefer fur wigs for male dolls would be the right statement. I think it gives them a more masculine look. Even my El looks like a boy with a fur wig.
      But I do like fiber wigs for length and elegance.
      Not fond of human hair wigs. Tangled too easily and they just don't feel like dolls hair, which I like.

15. I tend to like synthetic hair, but I do have some dolls with human hair. I also like synthetic mohair on some dolls. Barb. (in L.A.)

16. I like synthetic mohair wigs best like Jpop's brand of wigs and the Monique wigs which are carried by a few shops. They're soft and silky and they don't get tangled. They also style really well. Second place goes to the dread wig I made of wool yarn. Fur wigs come in third place, mohair in fourth.

I'm not as wild about other fiber wigs. I have a few I love like the Yukinojo default wig and the default V.1 Isao wig, a silver one I got from Dolkot and the black page boy I got from Leeke.

I don't have any human hair wigs, but if the style/color/price was right I'd give them a try.

17. Right now I like the fur wigs, they seem to be able to make really cool looks. But then I might like to use the real ones to give a natural look.

18. I usually like longer hair, so most fur wigs won't work on my characters (although they do have some... they don't wear them often). So mostly fiber, since I like the colors and the length and the variety of styles. Mohair is very nice, too, although it only works for a certain look. I don't come across many human hair wigs. I'm not against them, but so far I haven't bought any. Fiber seems to work well enough for me. :)

19. I must admit, i've never understood the craze of FUR wigs. There must've been 5 dolls with fur wigs at the doll meet... sure, theres lots of variety in colour and length... but not pose. it tends to look weird and sheep-like if brushed down, or scarily troll like if brushed up...

Elina has a synthetic fiber wig... Being a cosplayer, i've experienced this type of wig before, so I understand flexibility and maintenence a whole lot more than other kinds of wig.

20. Fibre hair is sooooft. XD So, it's my favourite.