1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what kind wig do you prefer( fur,fiber,real human hair?)

Jun 2, 2007

1. Natural Fur wigs and some Synthetic Fibers.
      It really depends on the look I'm going for. My Puki's look *to me* best in fur, my Bambicrony looks best in a synthetic wig.

2. I have a weird thing for hair, especially long, silky, brushable hair, so my wigs have to have that kind of a feel to it. If the wig is synthetic, but feels like real human hair, I'm fine. If I can find a wig with real human hair, that's fine for me, too. While the furry wigs look like they'd be fun on a character meant to have that look, I have the feeling that I wouldn't really enjoy having them. The wig I got for my doll is apparently some kind of Japanese synthetic material, but it looks and feels like beautiful, silky, hair, and I enjoy brushing it! Ah! If only I could get my own hair to look like that without having to fry it!

3. I like heat-resisting fibre wigs. When I first started out I thought I liked fur, but time and time again I figured out I wasn't too satisfied with them (plus they were hard to tame) so now it's all synthetic fibre.

4. Fiber all the way, I wanted to set my one fur wig on fire, haha!

5. I think i would go with fiber. Fur wigs to me don't look right on some dolls but on others it looks great.. Human hair burns to fast and easy so i don't like it to much, i stay burning my hair when i cook. LOL.

6. It depends for me. If it's a boy wig, I LOVE fur. The first doll I ever saw was a boy in a fur wig and I thought it looked great. But for girls I prefer fiber. I'd get kinda creeped out if it was a human hair wig tho o.O'
      But that's just me ^.^

7. I love fur wigs the most because they're cheap and easy to manage. My second choice is fiber, but only for longer wigs because I HATE dealing with fly aways. That and every darker fiber wig I've had stained my dolls. >>
      As for human hair, no thanks. I've worn wigs for years, even before owning BJDs and I know for a fact that synthetic wigs are always cheaper and can last almost as long if you're gentle with them. That and I just don't like the idea of wearing or having my dolls wear someone else's hair. It just seems gross to me. s:

8. In my case, it really depends on what fits the character's haircut and hair. However, if it is about my likes, fiber is my fave to choose whenever I am able to. In some few cases fur is my choice. I do not have any, but would not like having real human wigs. Mohair is something I got to think about for one of my BJD, but finally he got a fiber one that matches his style.

9. I wouldn't be opposed to human hair wigs--I just haven't found one I like. I prefer synthetic hair wigs, because I think it looks more like hair. Fur wigs always look, to me, like fur.

10. I like synthetic mohair. Is that what it's called? I also like fur wigs for the pure fun factor.

11. I love fur wigs, they're so soft.

12. FUR FTW
      I don't even own a fur wig but I WILL because i love them so much!!! I love how they look, they can be all spiky or they can lay flat, they're just SO. AWESOME. AND SOFT.

x3333

13. FURS all the way, baby! Furs are wild and can be styled in so many different ways! I hate fiber wigs and vice versa :B

14. Human hair doesn't bother me, but the wigs I've been liking the best are heat resistant synthetic fibers. I really don't like the look for fur wigs...well at least I haven't found one that I like or that was styled in a way that suits the characters I have in mind for my dolls. I've never seen a fur wig in person either, but I have seen synthetic ones. My only worry is the little fuzzy hairs that stick out. They drive me nuts! My friend's puki has the cutest little synthetic pig tail wig but it has sooo many fly-aways she says she needs a new wig completely....do human hair wigs fuzz like that?

15. I like fiber wigs. They look more natural to me- fur wigs just seem to wild. But I also like fur/fiber hybrids,those look pretty cool.^^

16. I like it more to be realistic so I'll go with Human Hair ^^
      though sometimes I want fur/mohair wigs because it is so customizable and style-friendly...

17. I loove fur and mohair wigs, because they're so soft and easy to get into different styles :)

18. I prefer fiber, because you can get it in the styles I want, but wouldn't be apposed to human hair. I've never tried it though.
      I think some fur wigs are cute, but they are very limited in style and length, and you see so many of them around these forums, just because they're so easy for the general doll owner to make on their own.

19. Heat resistant fiber. >_> I dislike how fur wigs look, and I have a normal fiber wig that I simply don't love as much as my heat resistant one. I swear, I have a doll for the wig. @_@

20. I love fur wigs because they are funny and soft, but I use to buy fiber wig and mohair wig, depending of the look I want for my doll, I change the style everyday!