1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what kind wig do you prefer( fur,fiber,real human hair?)

Jun 2, 2007

1. Ohhh, I'd love to get a long human hair wig for my doll. Thing is, all the colors I want for my characters or dolls are kind of bogus colors, so I'd have to bleach and dye and all this other junk, and risk the stuff coming off on my doll's head. :< I wouldn't like that, very much.
      So I guess I preferen a heat-styleable synthetic wig. That'd probably be my best answer. A nice quality wig.
      I hate when wigs show the wig stitching cap things underneath. :<

2. Synthetic mohair looks best to me. The big poufy real mohair ones I don't like at all, but normal synthetic wigs can be lovely too. <3

3. Synthetic mohair, real mohair, Japanese fiber & Tibetan wool are my favorite types of wigs. It just depends on the look I'm going for at the moment. I'm not big on most regular synthetics as they tend to look too full & stiff. While human hair has a lot of advantages it just doesn't seem to look right on these particular dolls as it's generally too coarse.

4. Generally I'm all for fiber, all the dolls in my collection have fiver wigs minus my newest boy who has a Mohair one. I just have to find and order him a proper fiver wig. If I get puki's though they'll be all fur.

5. I like my fiber one for photos. I wish I had a mohair one...
      And I use my fur ones for whenever I'm not taking pictures. I've made a lot of fur wigs just for fun, but I don't ever want my girl seen in them.

6. Depends on the doll and their style. Currently, I have the following wigs on my dolls:

Moswen, Kijika, Jaiseki: synthetic fibre
      tiny!Haniel: faux fur
      teen!Haniel: Tibetian lamb (on skin)
      Jolen: yarn (bamboo/cotton mix)
      Kys: real fox fur (on skin)

If I could find a human hair wig in the colour/style I wanted at a price that wouldn't break the bank, it wouldn't bother me at all to have it for my doll(s).

7. Whatever is best for achieving the hair style the character in question has. The dolls I have planned right now will be... one wool, 2 fur, 3 fiber, and one still undecided between fur and fiber.

8. furwigs are the best, though i do like how fibre looks and feel, but they don't usually suit my characters.

9. It all depends on the character.
      Whatever wig is best for achieving the hairstyle I have in mind, is gonna end up in my collection. But I tend to stick to fur and heat-resistant fibre.

10. Fiber hair! I love how it fits! *______*

11. I really like the Human hair wig that I made. It is fun to restyle.

12. Fur wigs all the way. Though I also really like fiber, just depends on the style I'm going for.
      I can't say anything about a human hair wig since I've never owned one, and I probably never will.

13. Fiber. No fur for us, but I`d try human hair.

14. I prefer natural wool.
      Artificial hair looks unnatural))
      Human hair, I disgust(

15. I really love fiber hair, it fit for my dolls!
      I never use human hair, so I cut it out :)

16. So far I've only used mohair for my boys and my lil Puki. I plan to use a fiber wig for the girl I'm saving for.

17. I'm kinda combining dolls wigs and human wig opinions into this one. If you want to style the heck out of a wig and can swing the $$, human hair is great. But if you just want a pretty wig and you like its style, then good quality fibre is fine. It looks like hair at a more reasonable price. I generally don't like a lot of the fur wigs, but they are handy if you want your doll to have a modern, "rocker" piece-y style that can only be achieved on a human head with texture balm. Nevermind if you want hair for a doll that's not quite human.

18. i like fur because its more manageable to style and stay in that type of way unlike real hair, youd have to use hairspray to get that fur wig style haha
      but with regular hair its smooth and nice, i also like this type of hair ^^
      i dont think human hair on a doll would creep me out, i mean its like cutting your own hair and using it as a wig on a doll,
      its just hair, and as for the fur of course im not talking about animal fur, just fake fur for doll hair

19. I love the soft fiber wigs like Jpop & Monique Gold
      wigs....realistic and soooo much fun to touch XD

20. I tend to prefer fur for males and fibre for females. I don't really know why, :lol: .​