1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what kind wig do you prefer( fur,fiber,real human hair?)

Jun 2, 2007

1. I like mohair and synthetic wigs the best, I actually don't have any dolls with Mohair wigs, but I have seen some at meetups and it is so soft and pretty IMO. I have some dolls with fake fur wigs, which I quite like too. It sort of depends on the doll, and how much I need to style the hair of the doll, if I need to style it I'd go after a Mohair or fake Fur wig. If I only need the style that a wig comes with, I go with synthetic. Mostly. It depends on the personality of the doll too.

2. For me, it would depend on their hairstyle, I have one doll whose hair could never translate well with a fiber wig, it would require too much hair gel or something, but a fur wig works perfectly for him. So yea, I like both fiber and fur wigs. I have never seen a human hair wig before, tho. They might be kinda limiting tho since you won't be able to get really vibrant colours with them? :3

3. I'm a fiber person all the way. I love the silky sleek look that fur can't give you and I love the off the wall colors not found in human hair. I do find fur cute, but more often then not it's just too frizzy for me. I don't even like real curly hair for the same reason.

But as I say this, I'm contemplating a fur wig for a future doll. My tastes change over time.

4. I like fur wigs best. I'm hoping to make some one day when I get the time and inclination. Then I can make sure all my wigs fit above the ears rather than some of them covering the ears! Like hats! :O(

5. Definitely a fiber girl here!
      Fur doesn't suit any of my dolls (they're all very girly girls who need flowing locks), and I just can't get over human hair. I know it's been cleaned and all... but it still squicks me out to have someone else's bodily material on my doll.:barf

6. I like both fur and fiber wigs a lot, and I even have a wig for one of my dolls that combines the two. It's my favorite wig so far :)

7. Each of my boys is actually wearing something different right now, one fiber, one mohair and one fur.
      So far Fur is my favorite. i love the way it styles and how soft it is.
      Then mohair, for the look and feel. Though im interested in synthetic mohair.. mohair is hard to manage...
      and lastly fiber.. i feel it looks.. well.. really fake. fur and natural fibers always look more realistic to me.

8. I use all types of 'normal' wigs - fur, fiber, mohair (love mohair ones the best!), but I would love to have human hair wig too!! I've thought about this and definetely want one for my Masha. I just never saw for sale any...? It could be also very expensive...?

9. I've ordered a Synthetic wig for my doll...so I guess that's what I like? I don't think I've really seen an example of human hair. =o

10. I think I like synthetic wigs. I like long hair so mohair never really appealed to me, haven't tried human hair on a doll so I don't know what that would be like.

11. It depends.
      I strongly prefer Saran hair for long and natural-looking wigs if the character has straight hair. Of course I should make all the wefts by myself, and that kind of wigs takes a LOT of work but the result is really outstanding because of hair qualities. It can be curled too and also looks nice.
      For curly hair I prefer natural mohair wefts (lama or goat).
      For special cases like some anime-like spiky locks I choose fake fur.
      No human hair in any case! These wigs require a special care, and also I feel that human hair is too thick and resilient for my tastes if used on dolls.

12. I prefer fiber wigs, sometimes i use fur. It depends on what I want to achieve.

13. i prefer fiber wigs. There is just alot more range to them i think, with fur you can't really have -long- wigs. (except on the tiny ones, like 1/6, which i do let wear fur wigs)
      I have 2 fur wigs for MSD, one that has never been used and one i made that has fiber hair worked into it, i don't use it either though...
      after i received her, i honestly disliked the fur wigs on her. Maybe someday when i get my MSD boy, fur wigs will be more useful, but i already plan to make his first wig with fiber hairs.

i also feel i can manage fiber wigs better then fur, when they're being uncooperative, i know how to un frizzle and smooth down the flyaways, and reset the hairstyles :P

i don't like human hair wigs do to the fact that with time, they wear out and stop looking as nice.
      It requires alot more work to take care of them then artificial fiber wigs.

14. I like fiber or fur, either one. I don't care for human hair wigs because that kinda creeps me out in a way. Lol, I wouldn't like be afraid if my doll had that hair, but it would just be a little strange to have a doll (not a real human being) wearing a person's hair...I don't put old skin or eyes on/in my dolls so why would I use hair?...

I only like fur for certain dolls though because sometimes it can look too unreal or cartoon-ish. :/

15. So far, Synthetic. I like fur wigs, but I'm picky and I have never acutally seen a human hair wig. XD

16. I'd always go for human but they are so expensive
      Mohair next as it's soft - but depends on the age of the doll.

17. I think I like real human hair. It makes him seem more real to me and I've never been a fan of mohair. Something about it just turns me off.

18. So far I have seen/purchased both fiber and fur wigs. I think I would be really interested in human hair wigs (I'm a cosmetologist and hair is my thing).

19. Yes, I feel comfortable, because a lot of human hair is from people cutting their hair and I can use human hair products to clean and style it.

20. For me it depends really on the style of that particularly wig. But i do tend to like fur wigs, their so soft if not a bit fussy. Synthetic also is very nice my opinion.