1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What look is your absolute favorite for BJDs?

Dec 18, 2004

1. I love the fruits-y look. and of course, dolls dressed as Hogwarts students. :chibi other than that, though, I don't know that I have so much of a style preference, but I love detailing, and I love anything that looks like realistically scaled down versions of human clothing. sweaters, demin, cargo pants, neat shoes... oh yeah, and I have a total weakness for the schoolgirl look. it's my (not so secret, now) guilty pleasure. :oops:

2. I like the punk/goth look for my girls and boys(which is why I ordered Isao2 :grin: ). Oddly enough I don't like all of the heavy,dark makeup though. I like to keep the faceups natural but the clothing goth.

CJ

3. That's how I want Mikael to be, goth clothes but more natural make-up... IF DOD allows me to request special make-up HAHAHAHA XD

4. **snorts soda out my nose** Erk.

Ahh, I love you. That made me grin.

Anyway....I like guns.

5. I like natural make-up with a little smokiness around the eyes... My favorite girls look super-sweet and innocent. I haven't decided on what girl I want to buy in the future (far-future, lol!) but I want her to be cute, not gorgeous! I couldn't stand having a doll prettier than me in my house! lol
      As far as boys go, I love sexy, natural-looking boys that don't look like children, but have a childish aspect to them. A lot of the sexy older-looking dolls have cold expressions that I don't like. I like my SD boys the same way I like my real boys... mature and pretty but really they are just a big geeky kid inside! ^-^

6. I know this is a kind of an old thread, but I'm totally addicted to DoA and I love posting on old threads ^^
      I really like more natural looks too, and I'm in love with tan!! That and big eyes. Big eyes = <3
      XD
      But as for more goth-y, smoky eyes, I think it looks really awesome to add a touch of blue in all the black ;D

7. I tend to keep my girls in a very casual or office-casual look. I tend not to like dolls done up with too much makeup or in the goth-lolita style.

8. All the clothes I've bought for my doll are lolita or Victorian clothes, and I already like them very much. I can't wait to see how they'll look like on my Tania =)

9. Natural, but I also like dramatic faceups as long as they are still "soft" and blended (like docshul does those gorgeous, very dramatic/stylized faceups that are still fresh and natural somehow). I favor youthful, androgynous and stylized sculpts for both boys and girls. For clothing, I like the shabby-chic faux-antique thing... kind-of-historical clothing elements but somewhat anachronistic, or combined with oversized or deliberately ragged elements. If Souldoll clothing actually fit the bodies I have, I'd be over the moon! But right now my dolls are dressed in a normal, casual style until I can find or make for myself what I imagine. :sweat

10. Teenage bad boy/girl or innocent with a hint of :( (like Felix Doll Zeppelin). I like all clothing except Victorian it seems. :\

11. I love your description! This is also exactly what I like.

12. I really want a girl to wear gothic lolita style, but none of my girls seem to want to wear that type of clothes. So my second favorite is punk style/oversized things on girls (girls wearing boys clothes). One day, I'll get my girls into lolita though!

13. Military, especially spec-ops. I like guns. And flak vests. And BDUs are really good, too. :love

14. Very sweet, young, cute girls are what I like doll-wise. Clothes-wise I like many types of Lolita clothing. Sweet, Classic, Casual, Shiro, Kuro, etc.

15. Cute girls and boys in Gothic/ Sweet Lolita outfits or Decora. Cyber Goth, Visual kei, and punk/ scene boys. Mature boys in fantasy and kimonoes. Angels, demons and vampires. Elf girls with Earthy colors like different kinds of green, blue, yellow, brown etc. I also like natural looking girls. Size. I like all kinds of sizes from the tinyest one to about 70-75 cm dolls. I have never tried an 80 or 90 cm.

16. hmm, well for boys I tend to like slender, aristocratic mature boys, slightly stylised (eg dollshe and CP)

For girls I prefer them to have full yet youthful bodies (really nice breasts, long slender legs, curvy butts, I am VERY fussy on girl silhouette) and again aristocratic faces, hauty, elegant. IF they look "young" I prefer them to look aristocratic but startled.

I much prefer SD size dolls

I like an overall image that is either almost fetish goth, or high fantasy (combine the two for the win)

17. I have everything over here from a pseudo-18th century dandy, a few Victorian gentlemen, a frilly Sweet Lolita girl, a black leather clad rocker-boy and a small tribe of Chinese and Japanese-style "traditionalists"... to a couple of formal, modern guys in suits and ties, a Hawaiian-shirt and sneakers-wearing "normal" type and a group all dressed in Iron Age peasant-garb.

I don't think I can say that I have one over-all favorite style per-se. I like whatever seems to suit the sculpt or (since I do play the "avatar game" with my dolls-) what works best for the character that a particular doll is meant to represent. I'm fond of Chinese costumes, for instance, but I can't imagine putting one on my dandy, Amber. By the same token, I doubt one of Amber's fancy suits would look at all right on Harumatsu, who's typically in hakama...

Sculpt-wise, I seem to have a thing for generic pretty-boys and squirrel-cheeked young guys who look like they're up to something.

... And dudes with SERIOUS EYEBROWS. XD

18. I like to have a variety of styles of dress and faceups for mine, just about anything except lolita would be welcome here. For sculpts, I prefer mine to look sarcastic, mischievous, snarky, smirky - that sort of look. Smirks are good, obvious smiles - not so much. Even my Puki doesn't really do the "sweet and innocent" thing, though she sometimes tries.

19. Stunning realism just takes my breath away every time. Detailed costuming, like something from a film set, and lifelike blushing and hair and eyes...

20. I don't really have a favorite look right now... I like to see high quality, beautiful paint, well-composed pics. If it meets those criteria it can be a cute tiny, a Minimee Jrocker, a frilly Lolita or a GothVampireZombieBoi, I don't care. It just has to be exquisite. I don't ask for much! ^_~

Raven