1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What look is your absolute favorite for BJDs?

Dec 18, 2004

1. It's tough to say which look is my favorite. Sometime I like them at first sight. There has no special character which I will absolutely like. But for "No-No" character; Doll with extreme expression (big smile, yawning, sad etc), with scars, "bad-boy" look and flat chest girls. I prefer gentle, calm, elegant and a bit cute type.

2. I find that I go in waves. Sometimes I like sweet and innocent, other times I like dark and edgy. I'm also drawn to fabulously detailed and well made clothes in every style. Wow, is there a lot of inspiration here! I'm not there yet, but someday I'd love to be able to sew leather jackets and corsets for my dolls. What I do like is to dress my dolls in the same style at the same time and then pose them together. That's my favorite look.

3. I'm all over the board when it comes to what styles I like. Mostly Fantasy. But also goth/jrock, anime, anthro, realistic, historical, modern-day, x-dress, slender, muscle, folksy American...

4. I really love the incredibly realistic dolls, whether they are human or realistic fantasy sculpts. There are some very cute anime-inspired and child dolls, but they're not a big draw for me; I already own child dolls and cartoony dolls.

5. I love girl dolls that look ethereal and enchanting, like Soom's Cuprit, Amber and Beryl (although Beryl is a bit more intense than the other two :XD:). I like boy dolls who look pensive and thoughtful, like Soom's Bix, Heliot and Chrom. I do like a bit of variety, though! I have girl dolls who look pensive (Soom Cass) or innocent (Soom Nephelin), and boy dolls who look cocky (Soom Chalco) or haughty (Soom Sard).

6. Clothing wise, I love Victorian and Steampunk. There's no one type that I prefer. They mostly have to speak to me. You know?

7. Depends on the gender/type of doll you have.
      Female, I think quite innocent and dressed in quite 'kawaii'/ fairy kei type fashion or dressed in Ouji fashion.
      For Male dolls, I like the idea of final fantasy inspired, or just fantasty-type. It's something that's interested me so therefore that's the type of look I love.
      ((in fact, my mum's looking over my shoulder and wants to input on this, she said if she had an SD male (doesn't matter what sculpt I don't think) and would love for him to be menacing and have a look like Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII ))

8. I like the more fantasy/sf look, but it would depend on the character. Right now my one female doll is a soldier so naturally I crave another female doll that I can dress up in a really femme way. Or Goth. Something completely different. :) Varieety is good!

9. I like sweet innocent dolls with a bit of a pouty face. They're just too cute and fun to dress up!

10. I love elegant, ethereal dolls with somewhat natural faces. The only "extreme" make-up I like is lip colors. But I love a girl doll that has an elegance and mystery to her with a reserve, but detailed face-up. I also love freckles. Then, all you have to do is throw that doll into period clothing and I am a happy girl! :)

11. My favorite has to be the sweet lolita look. Poofy skirts and just cuteness. And dolls with bonnets are adorable! And teeny tiny rocking horse shoes make my inner girly girl squeel in delight. My second favorite are actually jeans and sweaters. Bonus points if the sweaters are knit (especially hand knit)

12. I love steampunk and post-apocalyptic look (gaz mask <3) and my next dolls will definitely have this kind of look !

13. I seem to be drawn to the quirky faces! And even though some looks wouldn't work for me I really enjoy seeing them in the gallery.

14. That's a good question! I actually can't choose something very particular. I guess it depends on a sculpt, on a character planned, on many things. It can be sweet and childish, stylised, smart or anything and I may like it. Mostly I like semi-seal style but it's not the rule.

15. I like mischievious looks, all-around. Sculpts like LoongSoul Zi Xia and Iplehouse Eric are extremely appealing to me because they look like they're up to something.

I like very colorful fashion on both boys and girls, though I think I like it more on girls. I'm not huge into androgynous boys, except Migidoll boys for reasons I can't explain, and I like very basic street fashion with some light punk accents on the more masculine boys.

16. I love big-eyed dolls with natural looking faceups. I love long eyelashes too. I guess I am in to Cutesy styled.

17. I love the pretty boy look ^^ Long eyelashes, high nose, full lips, seductive gaze :love

18. I like the fantasy and edgy looks. But I like anything that looks like it was done with love or skill.

19. All of my dolls have a sort of muted, faux-Victorian fantasy look to them. And a lot of pastel colored hair. I don't much care for common high fantasy elements...long robes, elves, wizards, traveling on horseback, fairies, etc. But I do still like magical and mythical elements, including angels, demons, cyborgs and an idealized vision of olden monarchy. My dolls reflect that by wearing a lot of extravagant garments-excessive ruffles, rich colors, crowns, jewelry, etc. My favorite doll sculpts themselves tend to have fuller lips, slightly larger, rounded noses and "sleepy" style eyes.

20. I just like unique dolls. Beautiful and Stand-out faceups that catch my attention, an awesome custom handmade wig and/or outfits, I love them! Well thought-out back stories are an added bonus. :) I love elf ears too :D