1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What look is your absolute favorite for BJDs?

Dec 18, 2004

1. I like adorable little fantasy dolls, and big beautiful boys the best! I could never pick between the two for the sake of having a "cohesive" doll family, so my little cuties coexist with my big pretty guys. Style-wise, I love neo-victorian, mori, lolita, fairy-kei, pastel punk/goth, that kind of stuff.

2. In faces, I prefer a more mature look. Long, heavy-lidded eyes perfect for sexy looks or cunning glances. A hint of a smile, or better yet, a smirk. I seem to favor sharpness-- crisp lines on a faceup, or clean lines on a nose or chiseled mouth.

In fashion style, I vary. I love suits and uniforms (those crisp lines again); but I also love frothy tiers of lace and ribbons. I love the look of a sleek catsuit as much as I love an opulent Rococo ballgown. Steampunk, historical, goth, lolita, avant garde, casual, it doesn't matter. I find aspects I like in many of them.

3. I tend to lean more towards dolls with a sad expression. I love sad, pouty lips. I also prefer dolls with heavier makeup rather than a natural look. When it comes to clothes, it depends on the doll.

4. I love the cutesy, innocent look the best, in both the sculpts and outfits they wear. The more adorable, the better. Maybe this is why I prefer to collect only the tiny dolls.

5. I tend towards a mature look or one with character. Not in love at all with the childish type though I do have a few tinies that are obviously kids. I tend to dress them in fantasy clothes or faux historical outfits.

6. I think the persocom idea is fantastic. Will it look like chi? or one of the others? If I ever get one of those Danny choo auto smart dolls I'm making it look like a persocom.

7. I prefer mature males, and tend to be drawn to sculpts that have a sly/cunning/intense expressions, dreaming eyes, and fantasy ears/qualities. I also like faceups that are a bit dark and dramatic. For outfits, I like to dress my dolls in formal wear.

8. I tend to lean toward unique or interesting sculpts even if they're not traditionally "pretty".

My favorite styling for dolls is sort of creepy, mysterious, beautiful. Pair an odd sculpt with some pale skin, tattered ghostly lace, and eerie faceup and I'm in aesthetic heaven.

I also love classic ladylike styles. Lacey dresses with stockings and red lips.

9. I prefer mature-looking dolls who are either serious or smirking as a general rule. My MSDs are children, but even they tend to look precocious or bratty.
      The kind of sculpts I am drawn towards are slender faces with high cheekbones and wide mouths; the eyes I like to be heavier lidded, slanted, basically anything that gives them a cunning look. I am extremely picky about girls and do not usually go for the doe-eyed, cute, sweetie-pie sculpts, but instead prefer them more like my boys, with a look of maturity and feistyness (which explains why I don't have many girls lol).

Clothing-wise, I love LOVE military uniforms. Homg yes. I almost bought a few Ringdolls because of how they styled them lol! I tend to favor goth styles as well as some lolita elements and aristocratic. And suits. Men in suits :'l <3. Hair colors tend to be natural (mostly), but I do have some pink-haired kids.

Types I don't have but wish I did are the all white, ghostly types and cybernetic looking dolls. Maybe someday I'll have them!

10. Old-school dolls are my favorite. There are so many molds from years ago that are on my wishlist (I've just found an MSDoll Laurie, for instance) and the modern, realistic, mature dolls just don't do anything for me.

My ultimate sculpt has dreaming eyes, teeth. (so that means about half of the sculpts I own XD)

11. I tend to like mature msds as a rule. I'm drawn to allll kinds of styles but I only have dolls that wear casual sort of clothes now. Well, I say casual but they're very punk/grunge inspired. haha. I really want to get an eerie ethereal sort of doll for a separate story.

12. I'm starting to like the dreaming eyes. Heads with dreaming eyes and a small smile/smirk are my favorites!

13. I favor mature adult dolls with realistic faces, and extremely naturalistic faceups. Dolls that look as human as possible, and exude the calm confidence of classic beauty. I particularly like dark, exotic, ethnic dolls. Iplehouse is my favorite company by far. I like to make them historical costumes: Regency, Renaissance, Medieval, Elizabethan, though most of mine are styled as ancient Egyptians.

14. A couple come to mind. There is a Celine MNF I follow on Tumblr named Raina and everything about her is perfect. I also follow minatureseamstress on IG and she has the most gorgeous victorian doll. Her sculpt is just so perfect for the doll's personality and style. She looks so scoffy and aristocratic, I love it so much.

I just love when you can tell how the owner envisions their doll just by seeing a picture. It doesn't look random at all, but so thought through, yet still natural. I can't explain it. lol

15. Most of the time : vintage :)
      but I can have many style depending on my mood, a photoshoot etc..

16. I like sweet, natural looking faces with edgier clothing. Or Japanese/Korean street style. I am considering making one of my boys into a fairy kei boy though.

17. A sleepy nice bjd with an angel face. With a white dress like a angel.

18. Personally I always like more natural fantasy looks XD

19. my dolls are like me- they wear black until they find something darker. Joking. But I love this bit rocking attitude on them. So I never could have a bjd that is just a girl with a dress with many ruffles on. Love the wild look on them

20. I think for my personal preference, it depends on the character of the doll.
      When I get my DC Stacy, I think I'll stick to a more sad look to her, as is her character.

I'm not really into one certain look or another. Maybe that'll change over time, but as of right now I'm gonna go with the flow. xD