1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What look is your absolute favorite for BJDs?

Dec 18, 2004

1. I really love soft, wispy, ethereal looking dolls. with soft, light colors and lots of lace and billowing fabric!

2. I like chubby cheeks on girl sculpts! For guys I like gentlemen looking suave faces. For clothes I like high quality casual wear.

3. I love heavy lidded mature dolls with their "come hither" looks. I find them incredibly appealing and I always seem to gravitate towards the chestier ones :sweat
      As for an over all look, I love a more sultry look with rich colors. I'm also a fan of the darker more goth/punk looks, especially for my fantasy characters.

4. I have a weakness for condescending, snobby looking boys, but always fall for the pretty and peaceful looking boys and girls. usually the half-closed eyes or sleepy-eyed look can make for a creepy looking (yet elegant and hauntingly beautiful) doll. It's hard to say that I only favor one look when there are so many and each doll I fall for has some feature about them that I adore.

5. I usually like serious-looking dolls best, with rich, bright colors and darker overtones. The look they end up with, though, is whatever I can manage to sew, so there's that >.>"

6. I like my dolls to have different characteristics by their sculpts... but I really like naugthy but sweet boys and quiet but adventrous girls~~

7. Oh gosh. Generally I like a bit of edge to my fave dolls but so far my bjd are rather adult normal looking except for little Lonnie who is just darn cute. I want the males to look like males and both the males and females that are grown to look like they are young adults and not teens. Right now I seem to be going with a Scottish theme for them but want my 2 that are on order to be slightly goth perhaps.

They will have to tell me who they are when they arrive. :)

8. Creepy-cute androgyny with a touch of romance:love

9. I love Mature look on dolls like Iplehouse EID they are my favorite

10. I love the fairy/pastel, cutesy and also very punkish looks.

11. I love modern fashion (like hipster-y, I guess). I love lace and old-fashioned clothing as well. I don't know how to describe it, but I know it when I see it.

12. I love elegant and serious (almost depressed looking) dolls. Like they walked out of a Couture magazine. And not just in the face either. The more unreal looking bodies the more I love them.

13. Sounds like you would be a Doll Chateau fan, haha!

14. Guilty as charged. I probably wouldn't have joined in this hobby if it wasn't for DC. They were my gateway doll.

15. I like ethereal, large-eyed sculpts. I'm taken in by wide, innocent eyes. I love soft face ups to match. I love the old CP Delfs, but usually like them with custom face ups rather than the default. I love the current Volks face ups, and most Volks dolls, boys and girls, suit my taste. I like many of the DollGa and Leekeword sculpts too. Again, big eyes. I do deviate, I have a Liria with an intentionally snotty-bratty-looking face up! I like other dolls, too, but I always come back to the big eyes.

16. I'm such a sucker for a preppy looking doll. If they're wearing a button down shirt and a cardigan I'm done for.

17. I really like the sweet look for girl dolls. Like Pinku Pinku! <3

18. I love the 'boho' style for girls? not sure what its called, but includes lots of brown and sweaters and cardigans ^^ just some stuff id wear in real life

19. Anything slightly evil/cute looking!!
      Also I'm really into fantasy characters, as long as its not too over the top!

20. I sort of like the sneering look. Eyes half open. Mouth smiling or not smiling. Eyes looking down at you. It's cute. I also like the innocent look but the HUGE EYE thing sometimes doesn't do it for me. Depends on what you do with the face in the end. One thing I tend to not like at all, is an open mouth. But I have seen dolls where their mouth was open and I did like it a lot. So again, in the end, it depends on what you do with it.