1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what odd thing(s) do you collect/make for your doll?

Nov 28, 2010

1. i'm another zine maker. my "problem" is that she wants to make them not just collect them. so far i've made two and am working on a third. i'm using a single page template found online that i scaled down. all the assembly is done in photoshop so i can play with page order. at MSD size a 4-8pt font works best while still being readable.

2. My dolls have a collection of eyes that I've cracked in the oven and ice water and I've made them several gas masks and plague doctors masks even though they never wear them

3. My Mini dolls have an alarming collection of 1:4 guns, and my big dolls have a bag full of 1:3 bondage implements. And I am always on the lookout for good miniature cocktail glasses.

Otherwise, I'm not all that much of a prop-hound. But when you get just THE right item, it's great... it totally breathes an extra ounce of life into the doll!

4. I collect 1/3 scale kitchen/cooking items for one of my crew... I swear Crane might have as well-equipted a kitchen as I do at this point. o_O

5. i plan on making scaled down gaming devices like a gameboy, a PS3 (with controller), a wii (with Wiimote), and maybe even a DS if i can get the connecty bit to work. i also make "potions" out of food colouring, glitter, bubble mix. depends what hes gonna use them for. oh not to mention the sugar/candy inspired outfits i have planned

6. I make a lot of miniature books for Lain, I'm hoping to one day have enough for her to have a small library (or at least a bookshelf full)

I don't know if this fully counts or not, but I've already started collecting things for my next doll, mostly hobby-based stuff in her scale. Like knitted clothes/blankets and other home-y things like furniture and cooking utensils. I actually try and get a hold of any to-scale furniture I can, really. Hopefully one day my girls will have their own fully furnished "room" in the corner of my bedroom. :D

7. small bones (replicas) and occult items.

8. My fav so far - I've a miniature pool table (thanks Avon) :D
      I've collected miniature stuff longer than dolls, so I've got furniture to fit several of my dolls living quarters - including a grandfather clock! I also have lots of tiny books (collected those before the dolls as well) so have a small bookcase full of them that looks just great w/the doll couch I have :d
      My Elf doll (Ban Takahashi) collects dolls herself so I've got several little ones, tho none are resin - I plan on getting her 2 Soom little fairys which for her will be like Idealians LOL My Tinies have lots & lots of toys - Dana Jackson has a Legos Knight w/wings that he carries about :D
      I too am always on the lookout for cocktail glasses - My Renji (IH Bichun) managed to break TWO during a photoshoot last January (New Year's Eve drinking bout LOL) I swear - I balanced the glass in his hand & took pics, turned about to grab the lens cap & smash! Then put the other glass in his hand to continue the shoot, shot some more pics & he dropped it as I was actually taking a pic!
      I do have two glazed hutches full of china & glassware.
      As far as costumes/clothes, I've got two leather masks that look fabulous on my girls - I got them at DragonCon where I've gotten my OWN masks.
      I’ve got a guitar for my Limwha Mano, Jason, & a miniature African drum for Renji to play at drum circle (LOL). Now I’m figuring out how to make zills for my beledi resin troupe (belly dancers for the uninitiated).

9. I don't know if it's 'odd', but I've ordered a dollhouse kit for my future Puki's that I'm going to transform into a "Magical Mishap Medical centre" and a magical Lost And Found.
      This also means that I will have to create props, like the Cinderella's glass slipper, 'cause the Lost And Found section will have to be filled with those kind of items.

Suffice to say it's going to be a huge project, but it'll keep me off the streets.

10. i collect Decoden items like for phones and key-chains because i find they are the perfect size for my 1/12 scale dolls. and oh my goodness all the food!

11. Hairclips and Bows I barely use haha

12. I bought a set of hero clicks avengers figures for my doll recently. They have silly bases as they're part of a game but if you saw the base off, they make great dolls for your 1/6 dolls. They come in sets or blind bags and tons of characters are available. They are well painted and nice looking despite how teeny tiny they are. I think my doll will end up with a big collection of them

13. christmas ornaments! if i find cute christmas ornaments i get them for decoration for her area or as an accessory for her

14. Dunnies and Unicornos.
      I Love the silly things, and my boys love playing with them too.
      They are usually brightly painted, so they look great with my dolls.

15. i have to say furniture, but i had all of it PRIOR to even hearing about bjd's, its all from the American Girl doll company (but fits my Hoshimi very nicely to my suprise) Sadly, aside from food and the table and chairs (which i am looking to get rid of a set of them for any of you "locals" in my area XD) nothing else is really compatable with my dollfies XD beds too small, clothes dont fit.... etc =p
      also, japanese eraser food thingies XD i have a whole cake (8 pieces) made out of them, plus a few others, but since they're only a dollar at the store, its not so bad i guess. and patterns, i love to sew and so i have now.... 13 patterns? some of them i'm still scaling to fit tho =p

16. I like making fairy-esque things for my girls, and I'm always looking for bits and things that I can repurpose. Anything that looks like a faerie would use it to make magic. Flat stones, interesting sticks, acorns, marbles. Pi has a guitar made of twigs, and I'm trying to decide how to go about making her a little drum, and a set of panpipes. I have a tiny butterfly net that she uses to catch interesting bugs. seed pods make very cool hats.

17. Boxes. I make little plastic canvas boxes to store their eyes and other random things. I prowl the flea market and yard sales looking for other little boxes,and I found a cute little treasure chest I'm going to refinish. It's going to be Pumpkin's toy box.

18. ... EVERYTHING, really. If I had more space and money my dolls would have their own little world within my house. :lol:

19. Angel has quite the collection of tea sets and toys. I have collected a bunch of small lab ware for Emma when she gets here including around 40 tiny glass bottles that held glitters for nail art.

20. My Victorica likes to collect miniature hello kitties and small dolls in general ^^