1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what odd thing(s) do you collect/make for your doll?

Nov 28, 2010

1. Wolf statues. :sweat I've been trying to find a 1/3 scale wolf since one of my characters is a werewolf. The best looking ones I've found are a brand called Sandicast, has glass eyes like the dolls. So far I've got three that are too small and one that's too big. I have a fifth one in the mail, so hopefully that one will work. I like wolves well enough, but they're kind of starting to pile up!

2. Props. I make an absurd amount of props, sets, and so on.

3. I've been making my doll a bunch of little pokemon figurines. :sweat Actually, I was making them to sell at first, but they look so cute with my girl that I'm planning on keeping one of each mold just for her. I guess she's a pokemon trainer now, haha.

4. A lot! Antique books, Steiff Miniature dog's and cats, weapons, household props.......
      Fee wants a lot nice, pink, soft, furry things to overload her bed.
      Lola always needs a lot of toys for her room.

5. Just basically anything in-scale :) But especially Lalaloopsies, Christmas decorations, coloring/painting stuff and camera's (that's for Simon, who I don't even own yet, lol).

eta: I don't know how I could have forgotten the enormous collection of Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families, lol.

6. I've been obsessively designing clothes for Nathan. I just recently started sewing, so my attempts to make him outfits, have gone awry several times. x3 So far I've managed to make him a pretty dragon trenchcoat (I havent uploaded pictures of that yet), a batman hoodie, and an Aladdin outfit (really need to make a fez)

(the pictures link to my photography dA so that the post isn't stretched out by stupidly huge photo's)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. While I'm still waiting for my first doll, I've already made her some furnature props. She has a little chaise, a bed, and a chair attached to my desk so when I'm on DoA she can look with me :3

8. I like to buy odd things for dolls, or what most people wouldn't consider "ordinary", such as DnD dice and a Tarot deck.

9. I would have to say teabags.

Endrance is a massive tea lover so I make teabags for him.

10. My boy Chicago bakes things, so I collect mass amounts of baking related props. Like spoons and bowls and little jars I can put flour and stuff in. And if I can't find something I need, like 1/3 eggs or sticks of butter, I sculpt them. :lol:
      I'm most proud of his in-scale, fully functional cheese grater.

11. Antique\Junk store shopping is specifically geared with them in mind. :D I love miniatures and it's a good thing I have dolls so I have an excuse to have a parking lot in my house with mini cars and bikes on it. I also like jewelry for my ladies and small toys for the "kids". Puff and Belinda were on a LaLaLoopsie kick for a while, now it's ponies.

And Cael has a box or two filled with kitchen utensils in miniature because he's a cook. :D

12. Well its not that odd but they do have a stockpile of rocking chairs, I have more chairs than doll butts to fill them!
      Also pencil cases. Since alot of pencil cases come with a miniature attachment key chain i end up buying them just to give the little one to my dolls.

13. I usually pester my sculptor husband into making little dollie things for me. To date, he's made me an antler-handled cane, a tobacco pipe in the shape of a raven, and a sculpture of a creature I made up to be my doll's "pet".

14. I make mini food out of polymer clay. I've been making it since long before I got into BJDs, but will make more for them. I've made a growing collection of dollhouse scale books, some of which will hopefully be big enough for the forming 1/6 scale tribe. I'm going to be making or finding special props for all of them, including pets. My awaited Banji will be adopting a more 'life like' Beanie Baby bear, and my Mini Gem wants a mage's staff and a camel. How am I going to make her a needle felted camel without using pounds of expensive wool?:o

15. I have a ton of different chairs in different styles, and bunches of...dolls and stuffed animals for my dolls. And probably too many wigs that I " might use sometime", so I can't get rid of any...

16. Band-Aids. My SD10 boy is a juggernaut tween on a skateboard who is always falling off of it, or climbing rocks and falling down, or launching himself off of ledges and falling down, so he's always got a Band-Aid on his knee.

I cut up a regular Band-Aid, shape the elastic part, cut a bit of the pad for the center, and stick it on him. They keep getting grubby, just like a real boy's Band-Aids do, so I let them get good 'n' dirty before making a new one.

17. Furniture, when I can. My store had some plant-stands that looked like benches and chairs in various sizes, so I bought all of them that I could, and now I have a bunch of furniture in scales I don't have dolls for. That works well for when I host meets, but I think I'll trade some if I can just to reclaim the storage space.:sweat

18. All my dolls have rag dolls or stuffies of their own - sometimes more than one. I have more of those than actual dolls - and I have a lot of dolls:)

19. Toys, definately. Everytime I come across a plush or plastic toy small enough for Pixie it ends up in her hoarde to be moved into her house when I finish renovating it.
      Also random, in-scale things. Such as ice-cream spoons that look like oars, or small cereal packets I can convert into wardrobes. One of the conveniences of having a Tiny I suppose.

20. I don't know if you'd consider it strange or weird, but I make a lot of jewelry for my dolls, and I've made them some little food props. They do seem to be amassing quite the collection of little plush animals, though none of those are made by me.