1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what odd thing(s) do you collect/make for your doll?

Nov 28, 2010

1. I found a Whitman's sampler tin that's like a box of chocolates for an MSD. It fits on his lap like a fullsized box would.

2. When the olympic torch came through our town, I made N[​IMG]arae an olympic outfit with torch.

3. Bunny plushies. My tiny has a rather frightening obsession with bunnies. >>

4. I plan/make architecture for my dolls :sweat No full houses yet, but things like partial walls for them to pose against, or pillars that fit the 'style' of my fictional world... things like that.

5. Female school uniform... for boys... lots of them :p
      I'm a yaoi fan girl and obssessed with school uniforms. Especially sailor uniform!

6. I collect small stuffed animals for Johnny and blind-bag figurines for April, even though April does not yet live with us. If it's small, cute, and has the potential to make a good prop, I grab it. If Johnny or April can't use it, one of my little off-topic girls can.

7. Alister has a collection of little trinkets and oddities.. Just because his character is a lil nature guy. I make him clothing that looks like he just crawled out of the woods haha. But I like making him little earthy looking jewelry and such.

8. Oh, I LOVE making little foods and things. So far, though, I guess the thing I've collected most is SHOES!!! I love dolly shoes! They're so cute! And they're the one thing I don't feel guilty about not making myself. I've gotten a couple of blind bag horses for them, too, and I'm looking pretty hard at those Hello Kitty Choco eggs with a tiy inside (Dollar Tree) cuz I REALLY want the playing cards ^_^. I have to figure out if there are codes on the bottom so I can tell which one to get.

Oh yeah, and I got my first re-ment a few weeks ago. It was a little steamer with meat buns inside. OMG! SO. CUTE. That could be a very slippery slope. :p

9. I make sure they all have pajamas or nightgowns. I don't know why, but it just doesn't feel like they belong to me unless they have nightclothes. I've always done this, from my childhood Barbies and the vintage toddler dolls all the way through BJDs.

10. Maddy (my Time Lady) has her own Type 60 TARDIS.

[​IMG]Maddy and her TARDIS by Beth Simmons, on Flickr

She also has a pet fox, a Dalek she's befriended, a little plush rabbit the Doctor gave her and a bunch of mini books. Oh, and a beanbag chair.

11. Hailey has a decent toy animal collection, mostly made up of toys from capsule machines. I try to keep an eye out for sample-sized bottles of perfume that are close to scale for her, too.
      Jude needs an array of occult and alchemy supplies, but that's probably more along the lines of props rather than a collection. So far he has a tarot deck and a brass cricket cage that is good for...um, something, I'm sure (it looks cool).

12. I collect in scale clocks and watches for my dolls because of their story^^

13. Guns, guns, and more guns for John Murdock. (Secret World Chronicle)

14. I collect stuff around the hawaiian theme (and Lilo & Stitch) for my Suzette.
      She has hawaiian-styled re-ments, a Stitch plushie with a diorama for the plushie, a ukulele, flower necklaces, a hula outfit... :celebrate

[​IMG]Aloha ! by Audrey, sur Flickr

15. Yu-Gi-Oh! related items and such for my doll, Aisling. She can't get enough. She currently has a scale sized millennium puzzle and volume 1 of the manga, all dolly sized. I want to make her a pastel deck box and some teeny game cards.

16. Right this second, I really want to expand my mini sword collection. Right now I have 2: a kind of medieval rapier, and a katana, but I want to get more.

I also really want to create the entire Hogwarts castle- rooms and props and costumes the way I saw it in my head as a kid, not necessarily the way WB portrayed it. So I'm slowly making various props and clothes, mostly starting with potions and food :)

17. Lol, you name it, Lue probably has it. He's mostly the only one who really asks for, (demands) different things.

He almost always gets whatever he asks for too, Lue is outrageously spoiled I'm afraid.

He has enough toys, dolls, and stuffed animals, to stock a toy store. He even has his own BJDs, I had to buy him his first BJD, a Naripon, in order to get him to go to his first doll meet up. ^_^

He has more clothes and shoes than I do, and that's even if you include my old SCA and SF costumes, as well as my current cosplay stuff.

Then there's his furniture, both Western style and Japanese/Asian, enough for at least two houses! Lue owns among other things, at least 3 American Girl doll beds! None of which he currently sleeps in, at the moment. Since he's gone back to his Japanese roots, he now sleeps on a futon that's set up in one of the cubby shelves next to my bed.

Fortunately, he's more than happy to share most of his stuff with the rest of the gang..... As long as everyone understands that they are only borrowing the bed! the shirt! etc., and that all of it still belongs to Lue. ^_~

18. As you can probably guess, I like finding and collecting various scale props and things for my dolls. I always have, even as a child I wanted my dolls to have proper sized toys, books, furniture, etc..

.....and yes, I love 1:12, and 1:6 scale miniatures too. ;)

Lol, I almost forgot, probably the oddest things I find for Lue, are things for his purple collection. He loves purple, anything purple, even human sized objects, like purple buttons, (the clothing kind), bits of purple ribbon, etc.. If it's purple, Lue wants it. :D

#78 JRyu, Jul 18, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    19. Panties! As weird as that may sound haha. I love buying and making little underwear for my girls. I'm not great at it as my sewing skills are quite low. But I enjoy looking at different materials to make them.

20. I plan on making a bunch of needle felted cats with wire armatures for my first BJD. Poor guy's a crazy cat dude and he's not even off layaway yet :XD: