1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What originally got you into BJDs?

Jan 19, 2010

1. When I was a teen I remember watching a lot of artists and photographers into BJD. Time passed and I forgot but two of my friend enter the BJD world 1 or 2 years ago. Seeing them loving and photographing their doll, talking about it, etc, convinced myself to do the same ! x)
      I can't wait to do some crossover with them !

2. I was officially introduced to BJDs by the amazing @DenaliWind via her YouTube channel. I got into Blythes at the same time she did, and then got sucked into watched most all of her BJD-related videos.
      I learned the most about BJDs and maintenance from Swandzz/Sarah/PintSizedPalace on Youtube.
      And I was the most inspired by Anne Pecaro(@MissEmily) on Youtube - she got me back into writing, and pushed me over the fence when I was debating actually joining the hobby.

3. I was in middle school, my friend got an MSD and gave him a lot of love, occassionally bringing him to school lol. That's how I was introduced to bjds. Now that's more than 10 years ago. While this friend just keeps her old bjds at home and don't really take them out I still love bjds lol.
      In conclusion: My friend lured me into an expensive addictive lifetime hobby and escaped by herself, leaving me alone here lol

#943 yurikim, Mar 1, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    4. Originally, I found the hobby from binge watching all of Andreja's video's on Youtube! Fast foward a couple of years and I started following a few faceup artists on Instagram when I found them while browsing one day; after that, I couldn't get enough! :love

5. For my part, even if I don't remember well I remember I did go to the volks's Tenshi no Sato out of curiosity and the discovering of dollzone years later definitely got me into bjd's (Sawarieda stole my heart!!).
      My interests drifted for some years but I finally took the plunge at the beginning of this year.

6. I originally began seeing all these Monster High doll face ups and doll customisation videos then I saw some things for BJD's and I fell in love!

7. I got into customizing Monster High and Ever After High vinyl fashion dolls, and once I got a good footing on that I wanted to branch into something BIGGER. Something that might have a stronger impact, that was more of a challenge. Or just, a larger scale with a wider range of variety than the cast of those two lines.
      So far I've been nervous to start doing the faceups on my Luts Delf doll.

8. I have been selling on ebay for many years and back in 2007 is when I first started noticing the BJDs and I was so attracted to them because they are so unique. I like that you can change eyes and wigs and the same doll looks like a different character.

9. Ive always been a doll collector, so my mom would get me subscriptions to doll magazines, I would drool over the BJD photos. They came up often in one of the magazines (I think it was just called DOLLS magazine)
      BJD's were so perfect for photo taking.
      Many Many years latter I got into doll photography so started looking them up again. I finally purchased a second hand one and the rest is history. I have well over 20 now with many more planed for the future.
      Even tho I dont typically post my photos public any more, I still love to take the photos.

10. I've been a doll collector my whole life so naturally I'd discover bjds as well. Since I was a part of the Flickr pullip community I saw bjds and gradually looked into them more.

11. I was wondering around on the web and suddenly found there is a photo of a BJD. I can't help thinking is this a doll she looks amazingly beautiful. Then I started to gather information about BJD and decided to purchase one. My first doll was musedoll Ceil and she was the doll I dreamed to have.

12. Was looking for more info on a porcelain doll that caught my eye in Doll Reader magazine and came upon BjdCollectasy. And the rest as they say is history.

13. I´ve been collecting anime figures for 3 years, and someday I order an Alice in Wonderland Pullip. As I liked her a lot, I searched online more about pullip, and I discovered BJDs. So I started looking over them and saving money.

14. I discovered BJDs through deviantart via a user called Geekisthecolour (back then known as Dieux-Faux). I fell in love with her Migidoll Ryu and started to follow her and discover more and more BJD owners on the site. I fell in love with the hobby instantly.

15. I seriously have no memories of what got me to like BJDs..
      But I remember I was eyeing on Dream of Dolls when I got to know about BJD..

16. It was long ago.. I found bjd-forum and saw dolls :aeyepop:, by chance, while searching for information about 1/6 figures.

17. Definitely my love for dolls and the fact they are so customizable, I just adore how much variation there is in this community, and the artistic creations that spring up from it!

18. i got into them around the time my tonsil's got taken out, unfortunately and luckily. A friend gave me one as a combo christmas/birthday/I'm sorry you're in pain gift and it has since spiraled out of control. i've gone from one tiny to...still not enough in my life. : D

19. Wonderfully enough another BJD owner got me into them, it was someone who is actually a member here (darthmissy) that had one of her dolls sitting on her desk at my mother's workplace. I asked her about the doll and she gave me a quick summery and told me to join DOA if I wanted to know more, been a great ride ever since :kitty2

20. I became interested in bjds through YouTube actually. I saw Nicolle's Dreams videos and got curious. I searched them up and found out that they were bjds.