1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What poses do you leave your dolls in?

Nov 13, 2009

1. Usually they're sitting or lying around on my bed with the shades all closed. It's big and they can't fall from it. I like to pose them so they're interacting with each other, playing with my PSP, holding the tv remote, etc... Sometimes I'll bring them into the living room to sit on the couch, while I sew in the next room. I usually run the tv (which I can see from my sewing area) or play some music, and I pose them accordingly.

My mother and I both like to fidget with the way that our dolls are posed when they're all together. It's not uncommon for one of us to return to a room to find the other has left Hajime flirting with my girls or Mitchy being bombarded by the smaller dolls.

2. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      My dolls are aranged around my room in 'natural' poses, usually sitting on their own furnature or doing stuff in that general area (I don't have enough seats, so at the moment at least one has to sit on the floor.) They do things like reading books, having drinks, writing on note-pads or playing their game-boys. :)

2. Any funny pictures or stories?
      Currently my Minimee, Shaun, is sitting in my laundry rack. >_>
      [​IMG]

3. Do other people in your family/house move them when you're not there?
      Once, yeah. I came home and found that my housemate had been playing with my Lishe, and had left her in a compromising position with another doll. It was amusing in a very juvinile way! XD Normally, though, people know better than to touch my stuff. Period.

4. Where do you usually keep/display your BJDs?
      In my room, becuase I live in a shared house. Their usual haunt is at the base of my bookshelf, but the tinies also get around on the display shelves with my action figures, and Guide, my ugly Minimee, usually hangs out in the corner with my non-BJD fairy.

Here are some of them, 'at rest' so to speak. :)
      [​IMG]

3. <waves at Guide>

Mine share the top shelf of a cabinet in the main room of the house, my partner is not keen on them so she doesn't move them much but she will comment - usually to point out that an eye needs adjusting or something. She has a thing about them 'looking' at her tho - so occasionally if she's annoyed me I will re position the entire group to look directly at where she's going to be sitting :) - they can look so different from below lolz.
      Mind you Feather creeps me out too so I know where she's coming from!

They stay in a bunch but I make sure they're sitting nicely. The family groups stay together and the adults are usually holding the kids. I don't have the room to do big displays and they are a bit crowded. If there's someone coming over who will be interested they get rearranged as nicely as possible and they usually draw a comment.

4. Hmm... mine have their places. Mahdis and cossette are hanging out on their couch with Lorretta, Deuce and Pandora have taken over Michelle's bed for, uh, actvities *ahme* And Michelle is in her chair on the dresser. Trysta's being surly and glaring at me from the high chair I can't get rid of. She wants her body >.>

5. Most of the time, they're sitting, though Shin and Naoto are holding their guitars, and Azel is holding his flute! :D

And I have a sweet story. One time, I was away for a three-day weekend, my boyfriend rearranged my boy doll (Shin) and my girl doll (Melange) to be snuggling one another. :3 He usually rearranges them in cute position like that!

6. I leave them sleeping in their beds
      No one from my family and guests is not allowed to touch them
      I very seldom show my dolls...

7. I leave Reika on the side table/or in the drawer. I plan on having her sitting, holding something like a deck of cards, her 'crystal globe' *a mini snow globe XD* or a mini book from this fortune telling kit I got back in the day. No one moves her but me, as far as I'm concerned.

8. Wow o_0... I can't belive the replies this got in one day! Lady Ravenswood: I love your little parlour! I'm planning on creating a bar scene to fit the characters of my first 3.

So far I've only got 2 tiny liquor bottles, but I'm in search of more and slowly working on it. I realized I have a BJD-sized bed I sometimes use, but it's away in my closet right now since it's just too big. I do want to get them doll stands eventually, but I really prefer natural poses. It makes me smile to come home and see him doing something funny or being sweet to my Hestia (non-BJD) doll.

9. I have a little table next to my desk and that is where my 2 littles ones sit for now =3
      They look at me work/do nothing =D

I kept Meredith on the top of out TV shelfthing for about 2-3 days... it took that for my sister to talk about it and my mom to ask me what it was doing there...... That was yesterday... He is now back into my room =P

10. XD my Shinku just sits with her teacup, hands in her lap... but the poses my girlfriend puts her in!
      Her boy is a pervert, and my girl is an easy target ;w; I find them in all sorts of poses- things the karma sutra would be envious of!

11. Most of my dolls are displayed sitting down but that's because I don't have enough shelf room to have them standing. Many of them are in a glass cabinet but there are some on open shelves as well & even some in chairs & couches on the floor. (I have waaaaay too many dolls!)

There's really no one else here to bother with them or move them though I do have a friend that visits sometimes & can't resist putting them in "compromising" positions. I always get a laugh out of what she does but end up moving them back to something less exotic. I like to display them doing something though so there are couples snuggling together & others reading or holding pets or other props.

12. My girl stays sitting when I'm not playing with her, but on most days, I'll at least toy around with different poses with her after school. :) As for my boy, he's usually laying down in his case. My floating head just sits in a box in my drawer, but that's not saying much. :sweat

13. i keep my doll on my bookshelf on the wall with the windows to keep him out of sun light. he just sits inside the shelf. i have enough room to leave him standing but i am to afraid of him falling lol. he is a soom heliot and even though he has nice flat hooves he isnt very stable. i cant get his legs tight enough. when my soom amber gets her body on monday she will be left the same way as him im sure. just on a different shelf.

14. Right now Yuu sits on my computer desk watching the screen. When the others get here though I am going to clean off a shelf so that when they aren't busy they have somewhere to be.

15. When I'm out, they hang out either reclining or sitting in the little "flat" I made out of a box in my closet. When I'm home, I prop them up against the pillows on my bed. Somtimes I'll give them little props or stuffed animals to play with, or pose them to look like they're in an engaging conversation. Mostly, though, they just sit around a little stiffly but casually.

16. On the big main table, most of the boys are crowded together on sofas, most of them with their legs suavely crossed, all in casually conversational or affectionate poses... so it kind of looks like a very animated party, or the back room of a particularly weird but elite nightclub. ^^ I change their gestures or positions as the mood takes me.

On some of the other shelves, life goes on: Rowan & Robin, who get to share a headbangers' dorm-room (one of the Ikea shelves replete with heavy-metal stickers), are always in the middle of a hilarious-looking stoner conversation, with a bong & a Zippo lighter between them. Adrian & Ilya are playing cards at the moment. Nico is forever gazing into the depths of his martini. Santiago is smoking a hookah and trading hand-gestures with his visiting girlfriend Kaga. Lalyraa just sits there staring into the middle distance and toying with shiny beads and looking beautiful.

17. Okay, I'm no fun because my dolls have a little miniature wooden shelf from Micheal's that's just for them. I leave them in standard sitting positions in there. Then I throw a doubled over sheet over the shelf. I live alone in a tiny efficiency (kitchen, living room, and bedroom are all one small space) so there's no way to keep them out of sunlight otherwise, and I insist on them being out of the daylight if I'm not taking pictures. They come out after sunset, where I place them all around the room in various sitting positions for my entertainment. So... Yeah. Boring. :sweat

No one ever moves them around. I live alone, and most of the people who visit are never shown the dollies. It's just not something I like to share with everyone, as most of the kids at my campus are extremely irresponsible (it's one of the nation's top party schools, alas :lol:). My friends who do know about them are free to touch/play/change them at any time, but they can't mess with them when I'm not there because I have the only key ;)

My bf never bothers them when he comes over. Again, he can't really move them secretly when there's just the one room :lol: It would be awesome to have a roomie who would leave them in funny poses when they're out at night. I'm actually really chill with people touching my dolls, I love it!

18. haha, lying on their beds. they'll never be sitting or standing, I'd cry if I come home to find them face down on the floor.

19. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      Standing room only! No room for slackers around here. No lying about or sitting down.
      Everyone's at attention when I walk in! :lol:

*snerk* None that are PG-13....

My husband. See number 2. :XD:

They used to all stand in a conga-line on a shelf.
      Then they started standing on the stereo.
      Then they branched out and started standing on a table that I finally rearranged to make room for.
      Now... they're all over the place!!! Floor, shelf, stereo, table...
      All still standing. ;)

20. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      I don't have any particular poses that I keep to - I just make sure that they're steady, so they don't fall when I'm not watching, and that whatever they're doing, it looks natural. I place them in positions that real humans would be in.

Not terribly, though one of my friends once put a note on Davlin (has hooves, was sitting in a crouched/squatting position) that said, "If a faun shits in the woods...?" I guess she thought it looked like he was taking a dump. :sweat

I live alone, so...no.

I have a couple cabinets that I store them in. One is a very expensive bookcase with glass doors on the front, and the other is a china cabinet (again with the glass door). I used to just set them out on tables, but my cat tends to knock things over when she gets excited, so this is safer.