1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What poses do you leave your dolls in?

Nov 13, 2009

1. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      They usually just sit together on my computer table chair. I usually throw a light blanket over them when I'm not home too, no point of them getting more sun then necessary when I'm not home.

2. Any funny pictures or stories?

Not that I can think of at the moment. ^^;

3. Do other people in your family/house move them when you're not there?
      No. My mom is flatly afraid of touching them (She is well aware of how expensive they are) and my dad ignores them.

4. Where do you usually keep/display your BJDs?
      In my room mostly, although they do have a tendency to be where ever I am at the moment.

2. I usually just have mine sitting on my desk in my dorm, Sometimes reading a book and looking studious, sometimes I leave them cozied up on my bed with all my pillows. I've noticed that their strings have gotten a lot looser from all the sitting though, so I've been considering investing in buying them stands.

3. Mine sit lined up with their backs against the wall and their hands in a "relaxed" position on my desk. I have room for another 4 more SDs so it will be a while before I have to come up with a better solution.

4. I usually leave my dolls in a sleeping pose, or cuddling, on their "bed" (boxes)
      but when the family will start growing, i'll probably leave them in funnier poses, like maybe talking or having tea. I can't bear the idea of them staying in a still, unrealistic pose, for some reason...

5. I like to leave mine hugging each other while sitting down, it gives the the impression that they are not lonely since they can lean on each other and are hugging each other. I feel just awful about leaving my dolls so they can at least have the company of their brothers and sisters to keep them company while I am away.

6. I have them sitting down, just for safety's sake. A few have chairs to sit on, but most just sit on the shelves. It's just me and my dog, so there's no one to do any rearranging, and they hang out in the living room.

7. My boys usually sit on my desk on top of my Hanshin Tigers towel.....

I've had a few occurances where someone has played with my dolls when I'm gone. Usually a fellow doll friend while I go to the washroom or something. Though I have had a roommate that allowed her mother to play with my doll (gently luckily, she collected various dolls and wanted to check mine out...she'd accidentally knocked his wig off but did her best to put it back on). Also one time when I'd left the room to the kitchen my boyfriend decided to put my doll in a rather compromising position with another figure on my desk, lol.

8. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      Faolan sits at my computer desk leaning forward to stare at the door, Jason sits on a large speaker holding Jacques the stuffed lobster, and Sage chills on a shelf lounging.

Not really, though I don't know of anyone with pink lobster plushes...

Not when they're in my room. My dad had the big boys grabbing eachother's crotches on the mantle once...

They're almost always spread across my room wherever they fit.

9. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      They're usually sitting down. Aurora might be standing. For now, I'm not confident that Marcus will stand on his own, so he's either sitting or kneeling.

No, not really. ^^;

They relocate them. They never pose them though. I think they might feel a little nervous because of how much they cost.

On the table next to my computer, or at the table at the foot of my bed. ^^
      I like to keep them close.

10. Mine stand in their display case, which luckily no one would ever go into since its my house.

11. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      Yumiko and Zetto seem to fall into cuddling positions. Right now Zetto is laying down on Yumiko, who is sitting up with legs out in front of her. It's not what you think...Zetto has his guitar and is noodling casually on it.

I haven't had them long enough for that.

I'm flying solo here at the apartment.

They're on a bookshelf.

12. Indigo sits on a shelf next to my desk. It has all her stuff, and my face-up stuff on it as well, just so its to hand. My husband often moves her hands, and I woke up this morning to find her cuddling a vinyl sheep thing... because 'it was lonely'. Grin.

13. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      When I go out or to sleep, I put my SD boy into the box he came in; there is a blanket to lay him on, and another one to cover him with, also I've put 2 small jewellery pillows inside, so it resembles a bed a little ^^" The reason is, I have very little space on the furniture and I'd rather not leave him on the floor...
      Besides, there is a weird, black-purple kind of dust cumulating throughout my city x_x So at least it's the blanket that gets dirty...

Not yet ^^"

I live alone. But I bet they would be scared of touching him :3

Um... in the said box; or near myself when I take him out (bed, desk etc. :3)

14. My dolls are sitting in the Ikea cupboard. One sitting now on the new sofa on the table. Also one other of them sitting next to my Mac, keeping company :lol:It variable which one keeps me company:dance

15. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      I usually leave them doing something.
      Right now:
      Nefertari, RSMei, is drinking a cup of tea. She has a book nearby to read later.
      Mstya, PD Dandy, is playing his DS.
      Leila, Tinybear Coco, is practising with her sword.
      Amara, PD Minin Riz, is reading a book to her monkey.
      Shriara, Tinybear Mina, is still asleep with her Raggedy Ann.

2. Any funny pictures or stories? My husband asks about Shriara if she is not on the dashboard on her carpet when I pick him up after work. Sometimes he will tell me she is not comfortable like that.:)

3. Do other people in your family/house move them when you're not there? My husband changes out their props and sometimes puts the tinies in other rooms. Of course, he disavows any knowledge of it.

4. Where do you usually keep/display your BJDs The MSDs have a room in the dining room. The tinies have roomboxes in the bedroom.

16. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      If I leave them on my computer table, they usually sit together. If I leave them in their box, when they simply lay there ;)

Funny, but not so long ago before finding this thread I had pictured my cat sleeping with my dolls :} She had put her head on the boy's legs.
      She's jealous about these dolls and the fact that I spend my time with them and leave on my bed, so she always tries to "win back" her territory.

[​IMG]

No, thankfully. If I am expecting any guests I even put my dolls back in their box.

On my computer table when I'm not doing anything with them. If I do, they (or at least one of them) sit on my bed.

17. My little family sits on a couch that I made just for them. And Tristan goes where I go. Usually he is sitting on my coffee table or beside my computer or in my arms, lol.

18. Mine are always sitting when I leave the house, I have this bookshelf thingy which I place them on before I leave. It works out very well for them!

19. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      Konrard and Aki are always doing, um, stuff...lol
      Kyoko is held up by a doll stand

Any funny pictures or stories?
      I walked in one time to see Aki face planted into Konrard's special place, guess he couldn't wait XD

Do other people in your family/house move them when you're not there?
      Heck no.

Where do you usually keep/display your BJDs?
      Konrard and Aki are on my dresser right now and Kyoko is on one of my book shelves

20. Due to space issues Vs number of dolls in the house, mine are generally left in whatever pose means they'll fit in the space available. These are recent shots of the main BJD (lack of)space...
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Although I am working on a little bit of less crowded/more room-like display space for the mini size ones...
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Teddy

#60 Teddy, Nov 16, 2009
      Last edited: Feb 22, 2016