1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What poses do you leave your dolls in?

Nov 13, 2009

1. I've carefully designed my entire home for fantasy and pure comfort over the years, and I've designed my doll display areas and vignettes the same way. My dolls lounge around on plush sofas and chaises amid hanging beads, tassles, pillows, persian carpets and warm fringed throws that were created especially for them. Hey, it's how the humans in my home like to live and I figured the dolls would like it too.:) I don't even own a doll stand.:sweat

2. Lately, my girl is randomly sitting on my self, either with her legs crossed or just regularly sitting there. Her hands are all over the place and random. Haha. Right now her hands are making a heart shape. 'Cause I love to see that with dolls. :'D
      But once my boy comes, I'unno. I might put them in cute lil poses together or something. LOL. I dunno. XD

3. Since they have a fully-furnitured corner in my room, I often leave them 'doing' something - stealing cookies from the stove or playing a videogame on the couch. It's fun to see the strange faces people make when they visit me for the first time :'D

Sometimes I just pop them next to my laptop, letting them lean over the screen to make it look like they're watching.

4. I usually have Rufus playing an instrument since his hands are the most suited to holding one. All of my dolls are usually in laid-back poses. (And if I can ever afford to get not-wicker furniture for them, I'll have them lying around in that all day.)

5. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      They used to stand, although I left my first doll sitting for a long time until I realised the dark bookshelf was leaving stains (thankfully not permanent) on her resin.
      Then I got a chair and a wicker settee and now they both sit on the settee which is too big for the bookshelf, so it's on a telephone stand right outside my bedroom door. They sit together, but sometimes I like to move their arms or tilt their heads.

2. Any funny pictures or stories?
      The settee arrived with imported American dustmites (hehe)....which set off our allergies, so my husband was dusting it, and he picked up one of my dolls and starting dusting her bum, because she had been sitting on the settee, he said. It looked incredibly funny because it was a fluffy pink duster.
      He also makes funny comments on what he thinks they're saying to each other.

3. Do other people in your family/house move them when you're not there?
      My husband. Although, technically, I'm there, just not watching him do it.

4. Where do you usually keep/display your BJDs?
      See above.

6. I usually leave my dolls on their bed, or on my bed, and occasionally on this little sofa at my school :) They look very cute, and have a little fan base from the younger kids.

7. I feel kinda bad about, but I don't leave Claire in a pose--I always lay her down in her box, neatly tucked between the white cushions. I'm too nervous to leave her sitting somewhere while I'm out of the house.

8. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      Nika (my only doll) usualy is either left on my bed against the wall (which is a loft bed meaning he's in danger of falling if he's anywhere near the edge) and this is because people come into my room to use my computer, and I don't want him readily reachable.

Not yet, but both my brothers are going to be home for Christmas. ^^; I'm afaid of what they might do with him.

Mom only comes in to use said computer, and Dad only comes in if I'm there, and he's never even touched Nika before, let alone move him. Mom held him the day he arrived, but that was it.

Nika's usualy on the shelf of my desk, or on his shelf on my book shelf.

9. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?

I usually leave them sitting on chairs, or bookshelves around my bedroom. Although there is usually one or two on my bed, and occasionally one in a box.

Sadly, No.

No. I live with my father at the moment and he just thinks there creepy. Therefore he dosent touch them at all unless he absolutely life or death has to.

10. sitting down waving at the passer by. lol

11. I'm afraid to leave my boy standing. Even if I'm out the room for a second. He's to precious to me to leave him where he could just face plant any minute.

Do I sound paranoid? ^^;

12. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      just sitting (well, only aiden can sit. Seth keeps falling. hes REALLY loose)

not really.

nope. my parents dont really go in my room

on a thing like that (dont know the name in english :sweat ) --> http://p-media.laredoute.fr/intl/Products/picture/3/324118613_0001_PG_2.jpg in my room

13. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      Our boys are usually sitting on my sister computer desk. Occasionally they can be found lounging on the living room couch, since none of the family or the dogs mess with them.

Well, we went to Yaoi-con this year and took my sisters Luts El with us (he stayed in the hotel room the entire time). We had him standing on the counter/desk thing behind the tv, in a sassy sort of stance. So, everytime we entered the hotel room he was there, giving us a 'where have you been?' kind of look. XD

Well, my sister and I tend to change their clothes & positions when the other isn't around. Makes for a little surprise when the other gets home. XD;

In my sisters bedroom. The computer desk has been confiscated by our boys. XD

14. my sd sits and my yosd stands

15. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      They're always sitting since I'm one of those who are afraid to leave them standing.
      My big boy just hangs out on his half of the shelf, looking around or reading.
      My two MSD boys usually chill on my desk, interacting with each other, with whats around them, or chilling on the staircase that leads up to my bed.
      I like to change their poses every so often.

Not much, though right now they're fighting over a fluffy scarf, so that might make an amusing picture.

I live alone in a dorm room, and when I'm back home they're put away in my cabinet where the cats can't reach them, so no.

My desk or what is supposed to be their shelf.

16. My dolls all hang out on a shelf in my closet, since there got to be too little space on my bookcase for all of them and Dakota was too tall to sit there. Plus, it keeps them away from sunlight and roaming kitties.

In terms of position, they're almost always sitting, though sometimes I have Valencia and Jolie standing and leaning against the bigger boys.

17. I leave mine sitting on a chair, every few days or so I'll move him around on it, like right now he's sitting on it sideways with his arm around the back.

18. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?

It depends on the time of day, really...I'm going through that "crazy new owner" stage right now, so if it's at night I have Fuyu in his box with a makeshift blanket, but if it's during the day he's usually on the computer desk. :3

Not at the moment...:sweat

Only once; I had to leave the house for a few hours for a theater-related thing, and when I left I had him in a sort of pouty "I'm bored >:I"-type pose, but when I came back, mom had posed him to look all patient. XD

Due to limited house space/money to buy doll things, Fuyuhiko spends most of his "downtime" in his box. :3;;

19. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      Either sitting on a couch or standing on a doll stand

Not really.

Sometimes my mom will adjust them a little, because they are hers too. Otherwise, no.

On tables in my bedroom

20. alas, since the coming of the yuletide season and the madness that ensues my dolls have definitely been neglected. right now they are sitting kind of bunched together on a big pile of unfolded laundry. but they don't seem to mind. i hear all kinds of giggling going on as i walk down the hallway.