1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What poses do you leave your dolls in?

Nov 13, 2009

1. All of mine that are home and whole are in their own chairs, sitting in the Room! We do have 3 bodies in boxes waiting for heads to be done and we have a floating head sitting in his chair waiting for his body to arrive.

2. Valentino either sits patiently, plays on his "laptop" or mini DS, or I make him hold a panda plushie.

3. I put Aska in the wardrobe when I'm not at home so she won't become unnecessarily yellow. x_x It sounds kinda mean to put her away like that... but I see no point in having her in the light if noone's in the room xD She can come out when I get home, though XD

Now when it's winter though, I can just leave her sitting where I last put her when I leave... 2 hours of sunlight/day with the curtains down won't hurt her... right?! XD

My family knows they are not to enter my room or touch my things when I'm gone and they would not dare touch Aska >:0

4. My Karly is usually on her stand on the coffee table. I spend too much time in front of the TV and she is always there for me to admire. Sometimes she gets to sit in her American Girl chair - but still on the coffee table.

5. I got my doll recently, but I already seem to have picked up some posing habits when I leave her alone. I'm afraid she'll fall if I prop her standing or anything like that, so it's sitting poses for her! She always sits leaning against something, like a wall or the books in the bookshelf. I like to have it so she's sitting all the way back, with the length of her feet managing to stay on the 'floor', and have her perched somewhere high up enough that the dog could never go near her. Also, away from sunlight X3 .

I'm trying to get in the habit of keeping her downstairs (NO SUNLIGHT) on the bookshelf. That way she's on display but safe from harm! I may proper her up on the computer desk in the basement bedroom instead sometimes, if I clean up the clutter. That way I can see her before I sleep!

<3 ali

6. I leave my two hugging on my bed when I'm out. ^^

7. My Cuprit and my Cheshire both spend all their 'down' time (when I'm not posing them or photographing them) inside their company boxes, where they'll be safe. I don't want them to become yellowed, and I don't want anyone else messing with them in my absence.

All my spare 'parts' (floating heads and various Soom fantasy limbs) are kept in their shipping boxes. I'm going to eventually build a nice display case for them, with laser-cut foam inlays that all the parts can sit in safely.

I'd like to leave my smaller doll out and about sometimes, but my house is full of curious pets (two cats, two dogs), so I can't really leave them out here. I could leave them out at my boyfriend's place (no pets), but I doubt he'd approve :lol:

8. My puki has the victory hands. I leave him with those out and him sitting on the edge of something.
      Zac is always laying down. I don't know why, but I always have him laying with one knee up a little and a hand on his tummy. Very soothing position to me.
      Chen wei sits on my window sill holding Louis' head until his body gets here.

9. mine generally live sitting on a shelf across from my bed (yes, they all stare at us while we sleep) and my partner's live on his bedside table, in little chairs. Some of mine (the elves) sit on a sofa on my bedside table as well. I guess that means the basic answer is my dolls spend most of their time sitting around, staring at a huge expanse of bed

10. My crew get posed individually, or in small groups, in different places around the house. I have a lot of benches, couches, chairs, cushions and other props that I use with them. Typically, they end up sitting or kneeling. I'm too paranoid to leave anyone standing unless they're somehow very well braced.

At any given time, I have about half a dozen of them set up in little vignettes downstairs... The rest of the crew are all kept upstairs, either in the spare room that I use as a library or in the bedroom. Places I can keep the blinds and curtains drawn all the time to control the light and the doors closed to exclude my two very curious cats. I rotate which ones I have "on display" pretty regularly, so everyone gets some attention and none of them end up spending too much time down here in the brighter parts of the house.

11. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?

I have several doll stands and doll chairs that I use to either pose my dolls sitting or standing. I usually group some of my dolls together, depending on their character relationships. For instance, my SD13 boys are huddled together in a group. My SD13 School A boy will be posed with my SD13 Mimi girl, since they look cute as a couple. And my SD Kun boy is posed with my SD16 Amakusa, since the older mentors the younger.

4. Where do you usually keep/display your BJDs?

I have them all set up on a horizontal bookshelf or on top of a dresser. My sleeping SD Mimi is packed away in her box, which is a type of bedding for her character. Since I have more wall space in my new bachelor studio, I hope to make backgrounds and settings for each grouping of dolls, such as a posh setting with marble flooring and cream rococo walls for my affluent boy or green grass and flowers to surround my SD13 girl.

12. I sleep with my doll. I have her laying on my pillow using the blanket she came with as a.... well, a blanket. :) So that's how she stays most of the day. Haha~

13. After I got a stand for him, my dollie is always on his feet. Well, he spent his first month with me sitting on top of my wardrobe, so I have him standing on a low cabinet now. I even bought a rocking chair for him... but I like him standing and showing off his lanky, long frame the more.

Nobody moves my doll. I'd say, nobody (friends, relatives, occasional bystanders) dares even touching him, since everyone who's seen my boy so far have told me he's creepy. Ah well, I suppose he's safer than way. Any funny story? Uh, not really. But there was this one occasion I left him standing by himself on top of my desk and turned around to talk to my sister... just as she screamed, "look out!" I could catch my doll before he fell flat on his face. Since then, there's always the stand for him (or he's confined to his chair).

14. He sits on my shelf. The shelf is sorta in shadow so hes like, lurking. XD

15. 1. What poses/positions do you leave your dolls in when you're not around?
      Usually they're sitting. Cant leave any of them standing lol they fall down so eaily!
      So they're always sitting.

2. Any funny pictures or stories?
      hmm not yet xD only horror stories, see p.3

3. Do other people in your family/house move them when you're not there?
      Usually no. But -a horror story- once my father dropped my SD girl! I was not around and when I came back I saw her sitting in a strange pose with her wig on wrong side.. so I panicked. She is my 1st and my most cherished doll (and the biggest!) so would be horrible to break anything. But she was lucky, nothing was broken, yay!
      But after that I don't let my family come close to my dolls when I'm not at home! Still afraid someone can drop them even if by accident.

4. Where do you usually keep/display your BJDs?
      My big girl is sitting on my computer table on the top of the scanner xD
      And the MSD on the bookshelf sitting. hard to take out books but well, another little reason to hug my dolls xD

16. I keep all on mine properly packed away unless I'm taking them out for pictures or taking them outside. I wouldn't want to leave them in direct sunlight like that! I spend most of my days at school and I'd rather not come back to a seriously yellowed BJD. ^^; So for that reason they are never 'on display'. My family don't come into my room so they don't ever move my BJDs and their stuff.

17. When I'm not around, I usually put my boys in my wardrobe since I don't see a point in leaving them outside in sunlight when no one's there to look at them or play with them. I put them on a big pillow inside the wardrobe and cover them with a hound sized coat as a blanket .. just .. because it's so much their style lol.

When I'm home and have time, I take them out though. Eaon's sitting on my leg right now, watching the door.

18. I have multiple pets so unfortunatley my dolls have to live behind glass, the nice thing is it is a wonderful display cabinet in my studio that I keep beside my main working table. I take them out and change their poses daily, but they mainly have to keep seated due to the limited height in the cabinet, except for my Fairyland boy who always poses standing with his head tilted watching me with the most endearing little face.

19. Ollie usually sits on the shelf with my stereo. If he does fall he wouldn't fall very far. As far as I'm aware no one touches him when I'm away from my room, they better not do! LOL.

20. I almost always have my girls sitting when I am not actively playing with them, usually next to each other with their legs hanging over the edge of the table. My Volks girl with swarrico legs sits in the swarrico pose. It's less about style and more about stability and safety.

My dolls are always in a corner of my room or in an otherwise out-of-the-way place, so there's no functional reason to disturb them. My sister may occasionally move a girl to sit in my chair (lording over all as Queen of the domain), but that's about it.