1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What RACE are your dolls?

Dec 28, 2005

1. Though I don't have my dolls yet, I do know what race they are as they are based after their manga counterparts.

Tetora: Japanese
      Akito/Agito: Japanese

As for the other two that are have no name yet, I'm not too sure.

Edited: Most of my dolls are/will be Chinese, but I still plan on getting Nishizono no matter what.

2. Aneirin is Welsh.
      Kelyn is European Dragon of some kind, but stayed in Wales most of his life. Same for Dylan.
      Taliesin ...Welsh, with Sidhe blood.
      Raven is Native American (hasn't told me a tribe name).
      Iolari is half-fae, half-human.

3. Oh my... you're getting Nishizono Tetora? From MPD Psycho? I cannot wait to see him :D :D :D

On topic: I find it interesting that so many people have a clear race/nationality planned out for their dolls. Just goes to show the detailed backstories so many of them have, I suppose. I think that's fascinating.

4. Race? My cicero is a human doll, his ethnicity is Korean :)

5. Not really "race" but...

Jerolyn, Jocelyn, Justyn, Valyntine - angels
      Vincynt - demon

Poor Vincynt. <3

6. Arioc is a human of the English variety with some Scandanavian mixed in somewhere waaaaay back in his family's history.

7. Jules is French and German, and Avery is German and I dunno what else. D:

8. Luciel is French, and Julian is German. Both live in America though.

9. Cadence Illyria (Cady) and Tambre Middea (Tam) are interdimensional travelers with wings. They're often referred to as "angels" due to their appearance and abilities. However, any ethnic variations among their own kind are heretofore undisclosed.

The Elisden sisters are all angelique--that is, they have some angel blood in their veins. Safiya and Aislinn are three-quarters human, whereas their half-sister Lissy is three-quarters angel. Putting aside their, ahhh, unique heritage, they are your typical American mutts. They have a bit of everything: English, Irish, Scots, Welsh, French, Dutch, and Spanish, not to mention the faintest trace of Chiriquahua Apache. (And yes, I am borrowing heavily from my own lineage here! ^_~)

10. I have actually given this some thought, mostly because all of my kids have such complicated backstories. ^^;

Mischa: American, with Welsh and Irish ancestry -- hence the pale skin. Lived in New York City for a long time.
      Viola: Found at the age of five in Boston. Probably also American, mostly English ancestry.
      Hazel: The third American. ^^; IRISH HERITAGE! My god, the hair and freckles. She's from Connecticut. (sp?)
      Cherian: Father's English, mother's Japanese, grew up in New York City.
      Chie: Her father was Japanese, and her mother was. . . something else, judging from her blonde hair. ^^;

11. Kiyoshi (DOD Sha) - Japaneese/Half cat-demon.
      Bailey (School C) - French and English blood, raised in England.
      Nomi (Namu) - Irish blood and born, raised in northern england.

Edit to add Paige who's an America muiscan from California of all places. XD

12. Magnus is a 2,500 year old being. He is human to a degree and then something else... but he's very secretive about that. When asked he claims to be Swiss.

Most of the members of Magnus family have special "talents" (physical and/or psychic) but are considered human, like Idris Fynn. Some family members are just normal humans, like Max. Nathan is a human who has spent too much time in the employ of demons who now has gravitated towards Magnus' family and because he displays minor talent has been allowed to stay. They are all US citizens but care more about being a part of the family.

13. interesting topic. Let's see....Alex is human, Caelan is Elf (born in the human lands, however), and, er, "maverick" is a sprite born in cold northern countries and derived from fire element. In the real world, Alex would be a sort of European, probably French. Caelan would be an elf *still* lol And my nameless maverick sprite would be....from an island in the Caribbean somewhere ;-p

14. Haruyuki is just an average Japanese guy who dresses like a girl (o_O), but when I finally break down and buy Ashura, he's going to be a god!

15. Haha um. Polaris is (read: will be) a star? So um, I don't really have any idea what ethnicity he'd be, if he had one. I've never really put any thought into it, since most of my characters are not human. That and I only have like, six or something, and two are human.

16. I'm like Shimmeringcat in the sence that I actually never even thought about that. Maybe they are French? They aren't, but 3 of them are named after The Count of Monte Cristo characters, and the others' names could be French xD;

17. I dunno. he was made in korea...and he'll be living here with me....so a Korean born Australian? XD

He knows he's a doll so I don't think he'll care that much. =)

18. Azure: 3/4 Water Elemental, 1/4 human (mostly Scandinavian on his mother's side, and French on his father's human side; not sure what the rest would be.)

Angel and Azriel: 1/2 Irish Seelie Sidhe on their mother's side, and 1/2 Swedish human on their father's side.

19. None of mine are from Earth. XP

But ehhh:

Teh l0v3rz:

Lutz is your generic guy of European-ish descent. If anybody from Europe were prone to having blue hair, that is. He's a natural bluenette. XD Well, that and he can use magic. :-P He usually has a vaguely british accent when I imagine his voice.

Alisa is similarily of vaguely European-ish generic descent. She has no accent. She has sane hair and eye colours. She can use magic a bit, though.

Red:

I know nothing about Red, and he likes it that way. X3

Everybody else:

Ephram: Western European-ish. Very fair - Pale blonde hair, pale skin. Green eyes brighter than found amongs Earth humans. Has an upper-class British-ish accent, and his family's culture is western in nature, though heavily religious and mystical, though the culture of the country he grew up is vaguely Japanese.

Nai: Same as Ephram, except he's only half human. :lol:

Lukas: Also western European-ish. Has a snotty rich boy british-ish accent. Somewhat Germanic in culture and appearance.

20. my tender zen will be alf japanese half chinese...^_^ and for si and wi...well..name kinda strage to me..so i dunno..may be will be korean mix..^_^