1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What RACE are your dolls?

Dec 28, 2005

1. I kind of think of my dolls as little resin people who are aware that they are dolls, so it's hard to apply the concept of race or nationality on them, for me.

2. My Karma (Soah) is a Japanese American and Charisma (Lishe) is a California surfer girl. It's funny, but I always kind of knew their backgrounds in my head.

3. Of all the ones I plan and the ones I have now:

Firas is half-Canadian and half-Norwegian.
      Klara is Norwegian.
      Saoirse and Finvara are Irish.
      Aia is half-human and half-fae.
      Kaiju and Taavi are Finnish.

The others are divided between Canadian and a race I've made up but am still not totally clear on. Something human though.

4. :3 I think it's a really interesting concept. I mean, people have made human embodiments of plenty of things, so why not a star? [/OT]

5. Oliver (F16 boy) is half-Scandinavian half-Irish.
      Marian (Jun T.) is half-Japanese half-English.
      Akira Casian ("Casey") (MSD Maggie) is Japanese.
      Rama (CP El) is part Korean, part Japanese and part Indian.
      Yuki (CP Chiwoo) is half-Korean half-Japanese.
      Mickey (SD Ken) is half-Japanese half-English.
      :daisy

6. Vasiley's Russian ^^ so is Sumiya, though his name is Japanese(the doll maker named him after a Japanese boy he fell in love with when he was younger..) ^^

7. i never even thought about race or nationality etc lol =S

8. I like that you said that. My dolls and characters know they are dolls and characters too. :) So they don't stress too much about race and ethnicity, because they are what they are...whatever that is! :D

9. Engel(Dollshe white Hound): Full German
      Himmel(Kid Delf Ttori): Half German half american
      Licht(Cutie Delf Cory): Half German half American
      Kalt(DS Boy Afghan): Fée
      Nacht(DM Aiden boy): Fée
      Baldr(Kid delf Woori): half britsh Half German
      Dream(Modified Kid delf Ttori elf/MNF Boy Hybrid): Desert Elf

o_o I think thats all of them...

10. Daisuke's, of course, Japanese. :B -fangirl-

My next tiny will probably be.. nothing. An angel, maybe :3

I do reeeeeally want to get a body for my twins, who are half Filipino...

11. Demon with a little bit of angelic blood :3

12. Kaelen's a Shadows Elf (solitary, dying race, living in their Woods of Shadows, rarely make outside contact with other 'humanoid' races), and I made up his race, though if there are other 'shadows elves' in existence, I knew nothing of them and the title is a coincidence.
      Though if we're making a generalization, Kael's a Fae, or elf, Unseelie to narrow it down. *shrugs*

13. Kellen is a vampire but other than that I know he is of European descent. He might be made in Japan but he certainly doesn't look Japanese XD

14. mazoku~ I'm making demons.
      Race really isn't something that I gave alot of thought too...

15. For the most part My Lotus head is African American until I see it my head it's pretty much up for grabs. That's not the most important thing for me anyway.

16. I've honestly never thought about it... *looks at her dolls* ... yeah... I've got nothing XD Their names come from all over the place as far as nationality goes... I suppose you could look at the history of what kind of Fae they are... and what countries those fae came from... but honestly... who's to say that a Phouka is actually native to Ireland? Certainly not me... I don't want to incur the wrath of Kaen XD

17. My Chiaroscuro is composed of the ashes of a dead star... xD Does that count?

This is a cool topic ^^ The dolls here have such intricate backstories.

18. Mm..well, I have Shyada's race pegged as 'doll', but her ethnicity is Aina Metra, from my pet world building project, as I explain here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/tsuminaki/25219.html
      Vasnya is also Aina Metra, although her 'metra' trait is different (vampirism) ^^

I actually prefer dolls for myself that don't look like any human ethnicity in particular...it's worked out nicely so far.

19. Lesse.

Magdalen is half Brit, half Japanese
      Ukano is...Japanese I guess, but really, something else entirely.
      Aaand.. Katzchen, who's on the way, is of German descent, now hailing from clan Ventrue.

Those who are still on the way are of varying Asian and Eastern European descent.

20. To me, all races are equal. But nationality should be apart of everyones world. Your race is a history, it is beautiful and unique and you should be proud of it. Nationalities are different kinds of people, segregation is a forced division. But hey, that is just my opinion and I respect everyone elses^_^

All my kids are Japanese, it says so on their headplates! "Made in Japan" lol
      They all have my last name "Rosario" because to me, they are my kids. Its funny because I am Puerto Rican, and that is kinda an Italian last name.
      *jen