1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What RACE are your dolls?

Dec 28, 2005

1. Well, I think Adonis and Blood is going to be Korean/Canadian. I'm Korean/Canadian so I can't imagne them as anything else, thought Japanese or European sounds interesting. Like Gackt!! >_<

2. Lydia is kinda three or four races in one. (hehe...gotta love multiculturalism) She was born to a Greek mother and an Italian father, raised in 17th century Persia, and then made into a vampire shortly after turning 14.

3. Miki's just ... Miki. I can't label her, so I won't try ^^

4. All of my dolls (future and present) are American mutts. XD

Specifically, Girard: Italian descent, Celia: German/Scottish/Dutch descent, and Triply: Scottish/Irish descent.

5. Although my QiXa is from Korea and likes her Japanese toys and stuff, I think of her like more of my mom's line or geneology- pale, creamy skinned Spaniard with light green eyes like my Mom's oldest brother...they pass as "white" (please no one take offense) but are hispanic. I look more like my dad with indian (mescalero apache) blood, but QiXa does look more spaniard than I do- she looks like her gramma!

6. Mike is American, Kyo is Japanese, Azriel and Thranduil are elven, Kalan is American. King is Transvelnian (sp?)

7. The only one of my dolls who has a specified 'race' is Jessamine, who's half-Korean (don't ask me what the other half is, I think that Soony looks Asian, and Korean seemed appropriate since that's where she's FROM . . . although, tbh, Soah looks much more like actual Korean features!)

Artemis and Akiva are catpeople, Aubrey's an incubus, Lysandra is a vampire, Kitsuko is half-Kitsune/half-Japanese, and Ivy is vaguely fey . . .

The rest of the crew are just 'human', I haven't thought too much past it :)

I'm a total mutt and I don't identify with any particular race (I look basically 'Caucasian' but I have Native American and African blood as well as a mix of European countries), so this may have something to do with it . . . *shrugs*

-- A <3

8. Juniper is japanese.. because.. that's where she was made. She's a volks doll. Charlie is Korean for the same reason. Koushirou is hard to tell, because his charactar is Japanese but he's a Korean doll. :3

9. I honestly never thought about it. I think mine is a mix breed. Part asian (no specific ethnicity) and Spanish. Or Irish? I will have to think about it. But she is definitely mixed.

10. Tristan is American, with mainly German ancestory. He's travelled a bit though.

11. o.O I am going to sound so odd....
      Cyrus is half Harpy, half Human and his best friend Arion is a Chimera.

12. Ahriman is an exiled angel, former devil with a soul that was fragmented and pieced together from all sorts of other creatures. So he's sort of everything. lol Bael is one of Ahriman's children, so he's human and a little bit of everything. Saoshyant is a human that's chronically reincarnated to "keep an eye" on Ahriman. Thelxepeia is a siren. Allegria and Varekai are both vampires. And that's it for the ones that are at least partially here. lol

13. Have:
      Ammon : Egypitian + British
      Julian : British + Japanese

Future:
      Miho: British + Japanese
      Andrea : British + Japanese
      David : British+ Korean
      Ateryu : British + Japanese
      Levina : British, Egypitian, Japanese
      Elle : Wolf Clan

14. Human, half-elf, and human, respectively!

Cyph

15. Mine is an angel...
      But since he's the angel of death I don't know if he comes from Heaven or Hell!

16. Corpselight is a Sinserach Elf (for those not familiar with shadowrun he is from a bizarre world in the future where cyber technology and magic co exist so Elves, Orks Dwarfs Trolls Dragons and any number of other beasties really exixt but in a cyberpunk type world) Sinserach is in what used to be the US, it is part of the Native American Nations (which take over a large part of US and Canada in the early 21st C) His tribe are magic weilding Amish style elves (absolutely no modern technology) but he was cast out as a child and now lives in Seattle. Devin is also Sinserachi, and in general still lives amongst his people.

Cain, Able, Brenda and Synner are all Seattle born and bred, and all human, though they do come from the same world as the elves.

Gunter is a German werewolf, so he is certain of his race and heritage in both the respect of nation and errr species?

Lovely and confusing isn't it?

BTW, traditionally the Angel of Death is a good guy, he rescues us from the pain of living when it is time, but is not a killer himself, hence heaven :) but how your mythology/theology exists for your doll is entirely up to you ;)

17. I've never even thought about it before! Jaye is definitely human, white and English. But Tori... hmm, now I think about it, he could definitely be Asian-ish. Interesting question, I'll have to think about it some more, which shall be fun :)

18. Both Luc and Valerie are British. =D

19. For the dolls I currently own..

Azrael is an angel, he has no race, but physically he looks caucasian. Alastair is American, but in ethnicity, he's Eastern European, French and German most likely. Aeri and Fachtna are elves, but their variety originate from Ireland, so they are Irish.

Of my future dolls, Aiden and Cillian are the same race of elves and are also Irish. Ethan is British and so is Ivory Lark. Krieg is the horseman of war, and thus he has no ethnicity, but if I were to catagorize him, I would say he would be German.

20. Biscuit, Rayne, and Katie Claudia are French (despite their lack of french first names). Sebastian is a French sounding last name, right? Or rather, it is a French sounding first name turned into last name. My sister's Volks Kohaku is Japanese, as is the Syo I plan to get. My friend's Twing-key is American, also the heir of Hostess inc.