1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What RACE are your dolls?

Dec 28, 2005

1. Blanche, despite having Asiatic features, hails from Europe and mixed parentage (part Swedish, French and Czech).

Romanjov lived in Germany and Japan [briefly] but is Demon. He doesn't really have a set background or accent.

Raleigh, I haven't really thought about his background. Though there is probably some not-human blood in him...

2. I know my Cyndy's (Cyndy II) birth place is in Kyoto Japan, but she has this aristocratic air in her that tells me she's of blue blood and her ancestry carries a mix of European, Mongolian, Chinese and Japanese bloods. So, it's been difficult to find a name that really is her.

3. Enzo is Italian, Bridget is American (New England), and Kyo is, of course, Japanese.

4. i tend to overlook race XD; but i think my boy's korean, as he tends to laugh at me while i try to teach myself Hangul =.=

5. My dolls have culture / ethnicity of current-birthplace, but their "race" is Fae. :)

(Specifically, "resin-incarnate Fae", as opposed to myself, whose race is "flesh-and-blood-incarnate Human" :) )

6. How fun. n.n;

Yousai: Half German half Japanese.
      Mizuiro: Japanese.

Future dolls:
      Mushi: Japanese.
      Schneinen: German.
      Kurohara: Japanese.

7. i never thought of it all to much. I been told before that sey looks asian or chinese. But I dont really know I know she came from japan then to america then to me same with soshkay. i dont really know if i say they are japanese verses they came from japan. i know there is a larger differance. i simply say they are embodiments of my desire and where my heart lays.

8. Rhunei (my sunlight F16) is an Easterling from LotR.
      Narra (sunlight F17) is half Easterling, half Haradrim.
      My Elves; Elladan, Elrohir and Glorfindel are ... well, Elves.
      Fedora (Yori) and Tindomel (Kohya) are of Numenorian descent.

9. Well, my future boys are all of mixed race:

Carmine: 3/4 Italian, 1/8 African-American, 1/8 Japanese
      Ryushi:1/2 Japanese, 1/2 British
      The Unnamed Camine(^^;): the same as Carmine, except 1/2 African American, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Japanese.

I'm kinda precise, aren't I?(lol!) I think those mixtures would be beautiful.

10. Three of my dolls have such detailed backstories that I had to think of their ethnicity right away.

Tanaka Kazuhiro is Japanese. I chose his name before he arrived and before I wrote his history, so, well, he ended up Japanese. He was my first BJD and I thought a Japanese doll should have a Japanese name. He could have just as easily been American, but... he's not.

Wynnefred Rose May is Japanese-American. Her father was an American serviceman who met her mother while he was stationed in Japan. (Gee whiz, just like me! Coincidence?) She had to be at least raised in Japan so that she knew of Hiro before she came back to America to live with us.

Tournai Wildefell is a 3000 year old spirit who has recently entered a new incarnation. During at least part of his history, he has been western European, so we will leave it at that.

Lucas (who has no last name or history yet) is an all American boy. **grin**

And Shakkyo (who has yet to have a faceup) is also a spirit... a Japanese one.

Linda S.
      galatia9

11. Uh..
      I guess Mika's Japanese.. Obsidian and Adrian are half demon, half.. uh.. who knows... Farinata's italian, I guess, but for the last few hundred years he's been a ghost.. V and L are distantly Russian, I'd like to think part Hungarian (just 'cause I've got a little obsession with Hungary, for some reason..) And Sofia.. Uh.. We don't really know..

12. Ryou, Atsushi, Hajime, Bunz, Miz, Shun and Beans are all Japanese and regular ol' humans. The Vamp, is (quite obviously) a vampire. He's not telling me much, but I'm thinking he's originally from somewhere in Europe...
      Ren is a demon, Haru's an elf and Raiko's a vampire, none of them are from earth... they live in some fantasy realm type place that conuses me. :oops:

13. Darith my SD Megu is a vampire and so is My CP Yder Rick! The next one I want to be a werewolf. But they were from very different walks of live until they became vampires. Darith lived in MS her whole life and Rick lived in CA his whole life.

Alyson
      ----------------
      Owns:
      SD Megu-Darith
      CP Yder- Rick
      Wants:
      Shirou Tachibana!!!!!!

14. Taliesin is a Welsh elf from a Seelie sidhe enclave in the Preseli mountains, though not the same one that Galhaia comes from - they both knew each other before arrival though. Amalthea is a unicorn in human form. Neph and Talula are both human and English. Seraphina is... well, she's not telling, though she is at least half-human, as she's Ayame's older sister - and Ayame is full-blooded human.

And Marius? Well, even he isn't sure, but the word Elyzium holds a clue... :wink:

15. 10 kilometer road race, what else?

16. I always present Miyuko as my "Little japanese girl" even if she don't look japanese much! She is Mine.. so maybe she comes from My World, so she is a Mynor(minor):sweat Well 10 years and a 1/2:sweat
      Honestly,She is a princess so she defines the name of the Nation...That could be bad:-)
      Oh dear...

17. ok...

Annat (Anais) is a Wanderer. (go see my web-site!)
      Febe is...maybe an Arab street kid?
      Huldis is Franj (French)
      Dodo Eloise is a tiny person with French tendencies
      Uyoo doesn't even have a name yet!
      My Haruka Obitsu girl only arrived today. She looks rather like Barbra Streisand.

I would rather like someone with tan or dark skin...

18. Ukyou, in spite of his name being Japanese, doesn't really belong to a particular race. If anything, I call him my little 'sky-fishy' from the planet Drag Queen. He genuinely doesn't know, and neither do I. xD

Terra.... I think is an Italian/ greek mix.

Hollow, on the other hand, is a mix, and since my little fantasy world is slightly skewed in the way of races, it's hard to define him. If he were to be anything, though, he'd probably have come from Ireland.

My future doll, Horousha/ Arcane, will be a mix of Irish and Egyptian, which could possibly involve me having to dye his/her skin. It'll be interesting to see how it goes over with him/her. :D

Okay, I'm done talking now. X-x;

19. Lol I haven't gotten my dolls yet but I can anwser this question easy.

Sezaku ((Tender Too))
      Race:Vampire
      Nationality: British

Requiem ((Tender Bee-a))
      Race: Displacer Beast/Succubus
      Nationality: Italian

20. Nice to see another LOTR fan here! I agree all elven men are yummy :love I have a rather neat story based in/around the war of the ring myself ^^ so instead of typing the same thing here...I posted a link to my doll's profile.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=463081#post463081

P.S. Janne I hope you don't mind but I added you to my buddylist. maybe we can chat sometime^^