1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Sculpt Name Do You Find Odd?

Mar 8, 2019

1. Funny to see that some words can mean the same in two completely different languages!

Popodoll sounds amusing to me 'cause "popo" means "butt" in german and also in portuguese, wich is my mother language. I have a Popodoll YunDuo and I tenderly call her "popozuda" (that means "fat bottomed girl" :cool:).

The only doll name I really feel funny about is Angell Studio XiShi. "Xixi" means "pee" in portuguese and, although it sounds stupid, I doubt I could present this doll without giggling like a kid.

I had never heard about these shota/loli lines and now I'm feeling kinda unconfortable to know it is really a thing :eek:.

2. Definitely Puki Puki, it means female genitalia from my native language. :frownyblush: My friends would always make joke out of it and one of them owns a few. :XD:

3. Pancho.

I have the vinyl version, not the resin, but Granado's Pancho. A lot of their other sculpts seem to have angelic names (Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, Sariel, even Lucifer). Or, old-fashioned. Enoch, Charles, Hansel, Andrew.

But, Pancho? As in Pancho Villa? I mean, there are other notable folks with the name Pancho, but Villa is the one that comes to mind. Apparently, it is a nickname for the given name Francisco. Not sure how they got Pancho from Francisco, but I'm half-tempted to casually refer to my guy as Francisco from now on.

Come to think of it, what's with Udell?

4. I recently got an ALM Doll Blueerry. I can't help thinking that they meant "blueberry" and forgot the b. But, who knows?

5. I own one that's basically impossible to search for anywhere: Angel of Dream You. YOU. Or sometimes "Yo," which isn't any better! Don't get me wrong, I love mine, but that name... At least I can search for El in doll areas. :XD:

I have a couple with names I just can't remember half the time, Lan Xing (Illusion Spirit) and... Um... Something not memorable from Magic Time. It'll come to me in an hour.

An amusing one from my collection is Eudora, because it's the name of the email program we used in my high school, so it's an odd name for a doll.

And as far as Amos, it makes me think of chocolate chip cookies. :)

6. Dika Doll has a 1/4 sculpt named AAAAA. The sculpt is cute but, the name reminds me of the sound of someone screaming.

7. I have an Island Doll Hidden Island No. 1. Kinda hope they make a number 2, ha, ha! But seriously, No. 1 is a very odd name.

8. So you either live in Malaysia or Indonesia?

9. I want to say that dollzone's name choice for the msd sized cat girl is a tad bit funky. her name is 'tit' which I don't think I need to explain. :XD:she is cute though.

10. I am from Philippines. I am Filipino hehehehehehe

11. ooops. "puki" is from tagalog too?

12. I honestly don't know but it does mean the same does it? :)

13. Okay---a few of these I had to go digging for, but I'm going to start off with this one:

Any doll with the name Long. Resinsoul or otherwise, when I think of Long, my mind goes to the gutter (and a guy's length (genitalia)). Don't know why :sweat

A few others:
      Dikadoll Chitose: it makes me think of Cheetos (and that horrible Screaming Tangerine that is the US prez (enough said).:sigh
      DH-A Angler: um...is he going fishing? Or is he that creepy deep-sea fish?
      Xagadoll Bert/Akagi Bertha: I do not like the name Bert, or names containing it, for some reason. Also...Bertha makes me think Big Bertha (and the girl isn't even big:XD:)
      Aimerai Nick Chopper:...is he related to Barry the Chopper? (Fullmetal Alchemist):XD: Also, seriously? They have a girl named Scraps. With two different versions. Why?:doh

Also, I'm only realizing now, after reading through this thread, that Dollshe's got a line of boys named after types of dogs.:lol:

And I recall hearing about Impldoll's Penis...I mean Colin. How unfortunate that poor little guy started out!

Popodoll is such an unfortunate name for a doll company. I can't think help but think Poop doll when I think of them (and I have one of their bodies:XD:). I'm also getting a kick out of all these pipi, pu, puki, and other translated into urine/poop/genitalia in other language(s) names already mentioned.

14. Souldoll has a few peculiar names. Firstly, Paratiisi, which is Paradise in Finnish. Another is Elluarse. Ellu is a very common nickname of the name Elina, and arse ...well. :sweat There have been some others too.

I also find the name Sircca (as in the minifee) to be quite weird as Sirkka is a traditional (old-fashioned) women's name in Finland. It's also kind of a trashy trend here to name one's kids with names that have letters switched to more exotic ones (usually k -> c). So Sircca would be an actual name in Finland, but an extremely tacky one. :XD:

15. One that always got me was K-doll's Kill_U, complete with underscore. Also I can only imagine introducing him to someone who already thinks BJDs are creepy.

"Oh, uh, what kind of doll is that?"

"Kill_U."

"...:nowords:"

Also there was a company called Hearts Dolls that didn't seem to last very long but had some really weird names for their dolls: Soap, Safer Tattoo, and my personal favorite: Elvis Dodo. :lol: He had a big blue resin (?) wig in a very cartoonish pomadour style. Not gonna lie, I always kinda wanted one!

16. Resinsoul Dong made me giggle because.... obviously. Dikadoll came out with a sculpt that I wanted but his name was annoying to me... Rubber. They at least removed one B.

17. LEVAN! The unmemorable sculpt name is Levan. That took way more than an hour...

18. Some of Doll Chateau's names make me laugh because they're very whimsical, fantastical dolls with these very ordinary names. Alan especially comes to mind. Dollzone's Seventeen has a very odd name which I'm fond of.

19. DouDou-Me and my friends call each other "doodoohead" when we do something stupid and when I found this sculpt I cracked up so hard. The sculpt herself is actually stunning though!

Chiyu-This is the name of one of my original characters, and Chiyu is supposed to be a mouse-girl, but the sculpt is a wild looking adventurous boy!

Demi- Same case as the one above-Demi is supposed to be a young man, however, the sculpt is a cute looking girl :3

Oh yeah, and I also found a sculpt named "Tit". A very cute name, only if you don't know the meaning behind....

#59 chi_chi_co, Apr 14, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2019
    20. This name makes me think of a shop in the mall nearby called Dough Dough and their goofy Dodo Bird mascot. :)