1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Sculpt Name Do You Find Odd?

Mar 8, 2019

1. *puts nerd hat on* I can answer this! They're both based on Wizard of Oz characters. Nick Chopper is the real name of the Tin Man, and Scraps is the Patchwork Girl from later books in the series. I assume they did an Oz-based doll series at some point and just kept the names for the new sculpts as the characters they were originally playing.

It does sound weird out of context though.

2. Dikadoll AAAAA made me laugh. Not sure how they got their name, but out of context, I think it's hilarious. I wouldn't not buy a doll because of their sculpt name though, it really depends on if I think their sculpt will fit a character.

3. Honestly most of the names mentioned here doesn't really bother me..... even the ones that sounds..... unfortunate.
      But I do get slightly bothered when a sculpt shares the name with someone I know irl. I know the companies can't be held responsible for that but still:p

4. The most recent doll name i actually wonder why they named it that. "Tit" and its like a boy sculpt i believe too lol I forgot the company's name though

5. Honestly speaking, I dislike most sculpt names :whee: I know there is a language difference, but it seems that most doll sculpts have names with different meanings. I don't know if I hate them, but I definitely dislike them. I've seen sculpts named Pipi, Kaka, Tit, Sist...it goes on and on. And it seems that if they don't have double meanings they just sound odd in general.

6. *revive* XD I was going to bring up Dollzone's Tit not just because of its double meaning but because the sculpt has nothing to do with the bird it was presumably named after. Same with Mannikin. Why do they have bird names when they have bunny and cat ear special parts respectively? Love them but that's a headscratcher.

7. I have an Esthy Peroth. Peroth is a weird name.

8. Dollzone Tit for sure. Also Dikadoll AAAAA, I wonder why they chose it. I remember that a company at one point wanted to name a doll "Penis", but then changed the name. I can't remember the company though

9. LOL Creamy Mami sounds so weird when I think about it! xD

Honestly names don’t really bother me. More often I’m bothered that I have no idea how to pronounce them!

I did find that searching Doll Love on google will often find unrelated results... :huh?::roll: That’s awkward!

10. Yes, it always reminds me of breast milk.

I have a Dudu (MYou Doll) and a DingDing (Doll Leaves).

11. the sculpt name that gets to me is resinsoul "lan" because I have no idea if itks Ian or Lan they forgot to capitalise, and Ian is an old man name in English.

I find it funny that "unoa sist" sounds nice to me and never once before this thread did I think "cyst"... but I find the line name "feeple" really creeps me out! It just sounds horrible and I don't know why... feeble, maybe?

Also I had to look up what all the Iplehouse line names stand for, because I feel much better in my brain saying "young iplehouse doll" than abreviating it and setting off some kind of slur alarm.

problem is BJDs are a worldwide hobby with almost no local production in most countries. So it would be impossible for the companies to avoid different linguistic connotations in every language. People seem to only kick up a fuss if it's penis in English...

12. That's ImplDoll Colin, who did in fact get a very fast name change. :)

13. For me it’s Dollmore’s Black Dahlia. Here in America, “Black Dahlia” is the nickname of a famous murder victim from the 1940s. They figured out who she was pretty quickly, but the case is still called the Black Dahlia Murder. So seeing a sculpt named that is really weird to me, especially since the killing was incredibly brutal and gruesome. I know it’s a cultural thing that Koreans have no reason to know about, but...brrrrr.

14. bobobie sprite. i KNOW it means fairy but my idiot, sweet-toothed brain immediately went to the soda..

15. Doll Chateau Hyman. I've heard of people with Hyman as a surname but the first thing my mind goes to is the body part. >_>

16. IOS Grazia is still a very strange name for a manly sculpt. I think the one of my dolls' sculptname I don't like... otherwise I ignore any sculpt with the name: Lucifer... I am not religious too much, but my brain just don't want any Lucifers in my house...Real shame, because I like Ringdoll's Lucifer sculpt. And Granado's too... :lol:

#76 Triexiz, Sep 28, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    17. Soom Scutum... *_*

18. I'd like to add the new "Blow the Dark Elf" to this list. :lol:

19. Doll Chateau Hyman.