1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the cost of your first doll vs. your most recent doll?

Oct 23, 2020

1. First doll: AOD Chi $165
      Recent doll: Dikadoll Merman $810
      Well... my most recent doll was actually 5 dolls on layaway, all paid off at same time and the total would be over $2k but Dikadoll Merman was the latest addition.

2. First BJD: Goodreau Make It Mine (smiling faceplate) - $30
      First on-topic BJD: Resinsoul Bei - $100
      Most recent purchased BJD: DC Snowborn/DF-H 1/3 Boy Body Ver.4 (56cm) - $378

Just going by these numbers, one would think that my tastes have become much more expensive, but overall the average gap is not nearly this big. I prefer BJDs that are smaller and less expensive overall because I find them less stressful :)

3. My first doll was a CP Minifee Shiwoo, bought in 2006 from Luts, in NS with a company faceup. He was $420 iirc.

My latest doll (who's still in production) is a Soom [Good Bye, Summer!] Ondiin in powder blue, with both faceplates and no makeup. They came out to around $220ish.

4. First Doll: Doll Chateau Lydia, blank on k-11 body - $322 on sale cuz of the discontinuation event.

Last Doll: Pukifee Luna, blank, no sleeping faceplate - $210

Both were bought new.

5. First one was a Bobobie Sprite, on a male body, ordered from Junky Spot for $145 (with eyes, a wig, and shipping).

The most recently ordered one was a Shoushou Niko, for $437 (with shipping and no other add-ons)
      And the most recently received was a Luts Honey31 Delf Darae, for $350 (with shipping combined with another order, and a full set of clothes)

6. Hm...first doll, Soom Little Genie Risi. Didn't keep very good records way back when, but I think she was about $180. Most recent, LLT Roderich, $1050 plus $150 for pointe and demi pointe feet. Not my least expensive or most expensive dolls, though. And to think, I once swore I would never spend more than $500 on a chunk of resin...

7. First: (OT) Smart Doll Summer, $480. New.
      Latest: Popovy Venus-1/Quetzal, ~$980.

8. My first order was a Dream of Doll DoC Tender Zen direct from the company. In total it must've been around 400$, and it included extra hands, peach face-up, wig and carrying bag.

My latest order was for the MNF Luha and LittleFee Hwayu fullsets. Whatever those equal out to. Don't remind me... :barf

9. My first doll was Minifee Chiwoo bought from Luts in 200...6/7? And he cost me bit over 400€ if I remember right. That was so long ago that I don't remember too well.

My most recent, depending on how you look at it was either True Love's Alisa (with makeup); $245+ custom fees or Luts Kid Delf Ani, bought second hand for 200€
      Now to explain; I bought Ani last but she shipped really fast and arrived first, Alisa was bought earlier but arrived last so either is my latest depending on how you look at things.

10. My first doll was Doll Chateau Carol at ~$250 iirc

My first on-topic doll was Dollzone Carter at ~$260 (closer to $280 after the shipping fee)

My most recent full doll was Island Doll Bru at roughly ~$115 including shipping

I'm a little embarrassed at how much I spent at the beginning of the hobby- now that I use taobao and have learned to combine orders for better shipping I generally spend no more than $175 for any one doll. I guess that's just the price of experience tho :shudder

11. My first doll was a Doll Family A DuoDuo for $66, and my second (first on-topic) was a Bobobie Nissa for $43. (Needless to say, both were second-hand.)

My most recent doll was a Dollmore Lusion Dell for $1300. :o(Tbh, this was a very generous discount on the part of the previous owner when you consider the original Dollmore price, but still, yikes!!!)

12. :) My first doll was a secondhand Angel of Dream Chen - I don't remember how much he was, like $150-something maybe. :sweat He came with a few random extras from his previous owner~
      My last doll was a secondhand Withdoll Pistachio - he was also $150-ish after shipping, and he actually came with the fullset outfit (minus the chef hat)!

Which is really interesting that they are basically the same price!
      Early on in my collection I didn't like spending too much on dolls because I was a broke college student at the time.....But then about halfway into my time in the hobby, I had graduated and got a kind-of well-paying full-time job (until the company went bankrupt and closed down and laid me off), and my student loans were in deferment at the time, so I started spending more on dolls (I think the biggest was $560-ish on my Soom Chrom, and probably close to $700 on my Soom centaur Pyrol-and-Minette pair, within the span of 8 months. It was layaways, but still :blush). After that I kind of felt bad about blowing that much money, even on a layaway, so after that time period I started looking for better deals and sales and events, so I haven't spent that much on one doll in about 10 years. :XD:

13. First: Impldoll Azalea, which was technically only a brand-new body with a free Azalea head. Since I ordered a wig with her, the whole package cost around $391, shipping included.

Most Recent: Technically, my newest arrival is a DF-H Takumi Kazama, but it's just a brand-new head costing around $80. However, my latest full doll is a brand-new Momo Studio Lulu, which costs around $350. There are still in-production orders for several jointed hands and a floating head, tho.

14. If my memory is worth actually anything, the full-set sales price of my first doll (Dream of Doll Wi) was $389. Can't remember if that included face-up or not.

Actual last doll: Cocoriang Chico (gray skin) $243, $58 face-up included.

On-topic last doll: Little Monica Haazel (Tan) $730, $55 face-up included.

I didn't count shipping for any. I know with certainty that the price I'm willing to pay for dolls has gotten higher, but my trend truly does fluctuate depending on what's releasing at the time!

15. First doll: DZ Scorpio Event doll nude Secondhand on ebay for $150

My most recent: DZ Dragon Po nude ~$450 new from bjdivas!

It's not the biggest difference but it shocks me sometimes how expensive dolls can get!

16. My first doll was a secondhand happy doll Becky for 25 dollars on a Facebook group ( I still can’t get over how cheap she was!)

My most recent doll is a Volks Ria I got for 220! My doll obsession is certainly getting costly lol!

17. My first doll was a Bobobie March from Junky Spot for....like $100? That was back in 2009 so I forget the exact price.

My most recent doll is MYou Loretta from Junky Spot for $221. (Though I'm waiting for a Luts Honey Delf Choco, which won't ship for a couple of months, that was $227.)

18. First doll: Misterminou Doll Nyx (brand new from the artist, blank) 440 Euros (~520 USD)

Last doll: Depths Dolls Draugr (second hand, blank) 460 USD

19. My first doll was lati Jia
      I got it from doll Peddlar
      Forgot the price but it should be the official price $380 or sth
      However it didn’t arrive until 4mths later which I already brought a pre-owned one from and other person

20. First doll I bought was a resinsoul Jun in a custom colour, I think he was about $180?

My most recent were three Doll Leaves msd boys who cost me $120 each lol.