1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the cost of your first doll vs. your most recent doll?

Oct 23, 2020

1. My first doll was a DollCatch Jade for $200-ish? it was on sale, at any rate.
      My most recent purchase was a Fairyland MNF Luha for $470.

2. My first doll was an RS ming, I think he was about 130 USD back in 2011

My latest doll purchase is a minifee luha fullset, I think she was a bit under 750 USD for everything

3. I bought my first doll from DikaDoll, he was around $300 (full sets)
      The most recent doll I've bought is Miwa from Fairyland, she was $1422, plus $420 split bunny legs.

4. Got my first Resinsoul Ya Second hand for 110$ (plus some clothes) in december 2013. My latest an Angel of Dream Shang Nai for 300 and something dollar, also with clothes and some extra feet. ^^

5. My first doll was a Resinsoul Ju I bought back in 2012 I want to say. She was $150. My most recent doll is a Doll Leaves Fei, and she was $159. I’m starting fresh after a super long hiatus in the hobby, so I’m still saving up for some more expensive dolls

6. I had to use the wayback machine for my first, because I couldn't recall anymore, how much Volks DD I cost at the time. I got a hybrid as my first BJD, because Volks DD base bodies were cheaper options at the time, they were 18900 JPY, and I purchased it along with an opened eyed DD H01 head for 3990 JPY, to use temporarily while I saved for its intended CP VDES head sculpt. I purchased from a shop in the USA that were an official Volks dealer back then, they were in Florida, but I can't recall if they charged extra fees nor the exchange rate at the time, I don't know what the s/h costs were either. Then I got the VDES head sometime in 2005, with a semi-custom face up for $134-ish plus shipping. I'm going to say my first BJD was about $363 USD, if I don't include the s/h and, but do include the extra DD head which I still own and did switch on the body from time to time (plus it was on there for a long time before I got the VDES). In 2010 I got a Fairyland Chicline Rou blank with the optional sleepy face plate and a second pair of hands for $432USD, not including s/h. Rou was my last complete BJD purchase, I did purchase a few(?) floating heads, but he was my last complete BJD purchase. (:

7. First doll I got was technically free, because she was a gift. She is a secondhand Kids Sky Bobo (half closed eyes) and retails for $130 on Alice’s Collections.

The last doll I bought was a Harucasting Guerim, and cost me $560.

8. First (2006) was a secondhand SDC Kurenai for about $500. Most recent (2021) is a new Harucasting Geurim for $580.

9. My first doll was a Customhouse Junior Ai Marco and he was $180 in one of their infamous sales back in 2009. My latest is a Dollshe Rey Lewis from the most recent sale, he was $440 and I'm quite certain if he wasn't on sale I would never have bought him because the full price on top of the current wait times for them seems just a tad too risky for me.

10. First doll was my DOT, and he cost me about $600 for just the doll with faceup. My most recent doll is my other DOT, and she cost me only $200 o_o how the resale markets have changed for some dolls...

#70 Insane-Chan, Mar 5, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    11. First doll: DollShe Do Bermann 3rd Heimdal, sold through Tensiya ($968)
      Last doll: Minawadou Saiki head ($100) on Angel of Dream 58cm body ($150), both sold through the Marketplace

My first doll will remain my most expensive doll. Love him still after 15 years, but I can't justify dropping that amount nowadays! It's a big deal for me now to actually buy a doll directly from the artist and not secondhand and piecemeal. :sweat

12. My first dolls were handmade. Two twin females. I paid a total of about 1400. 400 per doll, paid for extra faces, extra feet, and her labor to make them.

13. My first doll was the original Dollshe Hound purchased second hand. I don't remember the exact price but it was around $400, I think? Which was, if I'm not mistaken, much cheaper than buying from the company.
      My last one is, ironically, also a Dollshe doll, Carl Mars. His was is $418 at the moment.

I find it rather amusing that quite a few people here, including myself, paid very similar prices for their first and last dolls!

14. I actually haven't been buying dolls that long, just started this year. Anyways the first doll I ever bought was a Myou Alan blank for only $205. And the latest doll I bought was second hand from a friend, a Dolli Pop Nyang with a faceup for 25000yen (close to $300). The price difference isn't that extreme. Those aren't the most expensive ones I've bought, but even so, the most expensive ones are about $350, so like like to stay with that range.

15. First doll: ResinSoul Wei, $130 (with faceup) from DDE.

Most recent: Doll Leaves Angelo, $170 (blank) also from DDE.

My second doll was actually the most expensive I've gotten... She is an Iplehouse Lonnie, I got her directly from Iplehouse for about $300. She was my grail doll and totally worth it. :3nodding: Though I will probably not spend much more than $200 if I buy more dolls in the future.

16. My first doll, Nowe, a Doll Leaves Wish, was $150 including shipping...
      My most recent, on the other hand, Durga, an Iplehouse Leonard, cost a whopping $916 post shipping plus a good £200 in customs!!! My wallet may be bleeding but I say worth it anyway!

17. First doll: D.O.T Sha from Dream of Doll with company faceup, I believe it was around $540 without shipping? I'm not sure since it was a very long time ago lol. It was directly bought from the website. I miss D.O.D...

Last doll: Enoch from Granado (tan skin) with company faceup, it was $945 with shipping. I bought him thru Legenddoll.

18. First Doll: secondhand Angel Region Ren from ebay (he's legit, don't worry) for $150. He came with a wig, eyes, extra parts, and a faceup.

Most Recent Doll: I just put a Dream Valley Dean (giraffe version) on layaway for roughly $600. He's entirely blank with no extras.

Difference between brand new and old and used, I guess. :sweat

19. I think my first was something between 100-200 euros. And the second one was maybe something between 250-350 euros? I don't remember :(

20. My first doll - CP Moon: $110 for the head in 2007, $200 for the body last month; I had to use the Wayback Machine to see how much Luts sold their heads in 2007.
      My most recent doll (who just got shipped out :dance) - DoD Ducan: I just dropped $498 on this boy. A huge chunk of his expense is because I ordered him through a Japanese shopping service and the shopping service was only offering express shipping for large boxes. He has his original faceup. He appears to have his fullset and another DoD outfit from the pictures that I shown. Also, he has his original box.