1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the cost of your first doll vs. your most recent doll?

Oct 23, 2020

1. My first doll - a DIM Flowne on a Loongsoul body for $450 - I just bought her last October! She was secondhand and came with a bunch of wigs and outfits, so I think she was worth way more than what she was sold for. I love her so much.
      My most recent (who still hasn't shipped RIP) is a Ringdoll Yumeo fullest who was about $603 when I factored in tax and shipping. He's one of the first dolls I saw that I really liked, so I'm very proud to eventually call one my own!

2. First doll: VOLKS Standard SDG Megu ($750)
      Latest doll as of 2021: VOLKS DearSD Megu head (gift) on a VOLKS SDGr Yu Morisawa body ($770)

Not that different actually:lol:
      Had the head not been gifted to me, the most recent girl would definitely be the most expensive at over $1000

3. My very first doll was actually a gift to me, so I'm not sure how much he cost, but the first doll I bought myself was a Resinsoul Mai at around $130-140. My most recent order was for a Fairyland Miwa, which is definitely the most I've ever spent so far. I dunno if I'm ready to type the number out myself.... so just add an extra digit to the end of my first dolls price!

4. My first doll was a large SD from Fifth Motif which cost me around 800$+ USD... I can't believe I ever even spent that much money on a single doll. I ended up not liking the large SD size and selling all of my collection. My most recent was a YoSD priced at 325$ USD. I hope that will be a better fit for me, given how easier it is on the wallet too.

5. My first doll was over $500, Ive learned a lot since then and my most recent purchase was $200 (second hand and brand new!) You really can save money in this hobby if you know where to shop :)

6. I started out way too big (for me) and thus very expensive... Every doll I bought was a size down, and just today I got my first tiny.... I think this is it! Big difference between an SD sized Dollmore Youth and a Tiny Delf, but I've had Iplehouse JID and Unoa and Mystic Kids and Doll Chateau Baby... I really love the YOSD size and I really love the Tiny size, but I miss the detail on the clothing for the MSD and SD sized dolls. Don't miss the price difference! ;)

7. My first doll was a Luts Kid Delf Cherry girl on the romantic body for about $300 including shipping IIRC, which felt like a huge purchase at the time. Meanwhile, my most recent doll was Volks DDS Ranko Kanzaki version 2 this time last year for $700 inc shipping.

8. My first doll was a loongsoul naivate (yosd) Hupo, I had been saving for him when he went on event discount. I spent $170 for him blank. My latest doll would be a fullset littlefee Hwayu at $447. I really enjoy the customizing process of the blank dolls so it will be interesting to see how I bond with my first full set girl :XD:

9. First doll: Ringdoll Jade Style B Fullset; $547
      Most recent doll: Fairyland Miwa Fullset; $550 (I hosted a split, so my total came out to be $550 for the body and head, tho that's only because the head didn't sell). At the same time, I ordered a Souldoll Judith Fascinative version for $754.

Not too crazy of a change if you consider the fact that I don't buy fullsets anymore and I also switched to buying SD size primarily. I own 14 dolls, of which two are MSD and the rest are SD.

10. first - miracle doll - star dragon limited - $252
      last - Dream Valley - Body B56-01 - $425

11. First doll- ResinSoul Mei in white skin (with faceup) direct from the company, $170

Most recent doll- secondhand LillyCat Chibbi Lana in pale normal skin (blank), traded for a secondhand Chibbi Lana in baby blue (with faceup) which cost $450

That’s tied for my most expensive resin BJD with my secondhand Soom Rosette Fir. My most expensive doll, period, is an antique fashion doll nicknamed “Stimmy.” Short for “Stimulus Check.” :sweat

#91 ~Suisei_Seki~, Apr 16, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    12. First: Feeple65 Juri head w/ a Mirodoll body - like $110 or so?

First to arrive (bought in succession basically since I wasn't sure if I wanted SD or MSD lol) - Withdoll Ruby - around $330 or so shipped

Latest Purchased: ...Technically an instock tan Rendia from DDE with extra parts that I was splitting with someone who wanted the head, who was... $669.02 shipped. Lmao. Ouch. I got the body and the extra feet/hands for my unoa hybrid, who has several faceplates and in total I've probably invested about $720 to make her, so it's a painful thought, no doubt :sweat

13. My first dolls was a Doll Leaves Teenage Dreams Betty for $226 off of DDE. I also got her during a sale event. I think it something like 12% off?

The latest purchase was a second-hand Luts KDF Sweety Basil for $265. I actually just purchased her a few day ago and can't wait for her to ship!

14. My first legit bjd is my AoD Zimei, she cost 300 bucks, and I adore her, 400ish if you count clothes, wig, eyes, earrings, etc.

15. The first doll I still own, was actually the second doll I bought, and I got him for $1500. The last doll set me back $900 and it was totally worth it.

The downside of falling for limited and rare dolls :sweat.

16. My first doll was a Resinsoul Ai at $198, new back in 2011. I still have her head, but her body has been upgraded!

My last full doll I ordered is a Loongsoul XuanLong Dragon of the North at $1160, new this January.

17. My first was RS Wu. I'm not sure what he cost me, actually. He was new from RS, with a face-up, so I'm guessing he was about $150.
      My last purchase to arrive home was a DHS Pocca about $190 - at about a tenth of the size. LOL!!

I'm not good with remembering prices, I had to look both of them up on the websites.

18. My first real resin BJD was a Mirodoll. She was less than 200$ and I got her new. I still have her but I want to re do her faceup to make her look better before I post her on social media again.

My most recent doll was a Tan Minifee Rendia and she was more than $400

19. Around 200 USD more expensive and he isn't even completed yet:abambi:

20. My first doll is an Iplehouse JID Soa. I think she was around $400 with a faceup.. I don't quite remember and I believe Iplehouse has went up in price since then.

The most recent doll I purchased is a Volks Lieselotte for a whopping $950! With shipping added she's nearly $1000. However, she's also a fullset and when you consider her price on the secondhand market this is a very good deal.