1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first doll you wanted to buy?

Jul 3, 2014

1. Migidoll Miho. I'm poor enough that layaway is a huge deal for me, so to this day I still don't have him. I do still plan on getting him someday, but he has dropped on the priority list a little. ^_^ Maybe next year.

2. Mine was Pipos Baha. She's the first doll I bought and what got me into the hobby. I never really noticed BJDs until I saw her and Heero(who wound up my sister's first doll). I saw Baha and knew I had to have her. I still have her and love her as much as when I first saw her.

3. Iplehouse Luo was the first doll that I saw that really got me loving him, but one look at how much he cost and I knew I'd never buy him. After that I saw these two fashion type BJD's at Dollmore that I really liked but again they were so expensive I just couldn't go there though I did think about getting their blank heads a lot because I was told I could. The price even for a pair of heads though was so much in the end I just could not justify it. Then I saw a RS Dai and I just flipped over her. I spent the next year thinking I would be getting her but before I did I got several Miro dolls, a couple of smaller RS dolls used, and other heads. Dai actually came late to my collection even though I think she was the first doll I really, really wanted that I could see affording.

In the end I still spent as much as I probably would have for that Luo but at least I have a whole collection of dolls to show for it not just one. I'm pretty happy with how it worked out in the end. Other than a couple of bodies for my floating heads and maybe a better head for my MSD guy I feel I'm pretty much done now. I actually just got the last girl head I wanted so he's all that's left unless I decide to get a RS green mini or a deep purple SD sized doll at some point. That's about the only thing that could tempt me at this point I think. I do like the RS green though and I love deep purple so I have thought about some doll in one or the other shade but it's not a must do thing. Just a maybe someday thing.

The RS green doll I could see happening down the road but getting the other would mean Miro would have to get a new sculpt that I'd like and that might or might not happen, who knows? So far their sculpts I haven't been too crazy about them. The two ladies I've got are the only dolls of their that I've really liked so I think that them coming up with another doll I'd want to buy is a pretty remote possibility. I do like their bodies and the fact that they will mix custom colors but I'm just not all that keen on most of the heads I don't have so that limits things a bit. Probably a good thing for my wallet...:P

4. About 3 years ago (before I started this hobby seriously), I was tempted to buy DOC Kirll because he was such a cute boy with devilish eyes! :XD: Hahaha! But I didn't really get him. But now I think about it...I may get him later from DOD directly or second hand market. My love for him is still the same...Just I found "more love" dolls afterward...

5. 2 years ago, First doll I wanted to buy, LUTS SDF Eveline.. she was the one that started me with loving all other bjds.. I got her straight after I got the money! Took me 2 months to gather that money x3 so glad I brought her home~

6. the first doll i wanted to buy was an AngellStudio Gabriel.
      she just had this really sweet face and they way they photographed her was very flattering.

i ended up never getting her though and though i still like her now, i don't as much as before.

7. Dream of Doll E-An. ^^ I still like her! I would probably get Twin-B instead, though.

8. Hoo boy, this is tricky.

Let's see... The first BJD company I ever got interested in was Luts, but oddly enough, I didn't fall in love with any of their dolls at the time as much as I did with the company itself, we're talking mid-2007. I think maybe An or Ttori were options, but since I was 19 and could barely wrap my head around any purchase larger than $150, I gave up on the spot.

A few years later, I found DollZone and considered getting one of their fullset dolls, either Raphael or Luke, though I was leaning more towards Raphael because of the fantasy aspect. I absolutely loved his medieval/flower-themed outfit. But that was it, I loved the outfit, the doll himself? Not so much. He looked a bit too... I don't know, strange, I think? For my tastes, even back then.

But if I have to say the first doll I seriously was planning to buy, I'd have to say Luts Kid Delf Nana, around last September. I was desperate to find a smiling, or close enough, doll, and at the time I still hadn't really ventured out into the world outside Luts (ironically, my first doll is definitely not smiling. So much for that!). And Nana was cute and versatile enough for a first doll, or at least that's what I thought. But then I started having doubts about her somewhat pouty-looking mouth, her single-jointed knees (this was before the Multi-Body was announced), and Luts started increasing their prices for faceups, so I got a little demoralized.

I don't think I'll ever go back to either Raphael or Nana, but I'm still glad I found them. They helped me fuel the excitement for this hobby, and that's something I will not forget. :)

...And who knows, maybe if I win the lottery... Never say never, that's what I always say.
      :sneaky

9. The first doll I wanted to buy was Peaks Wood dolls, and the Luts Zulu dolls. I don't have them but I hope one day I will.

10. Funnily enough, my first doll (the doll I've only received recently) was one of the dolls I had been wanting. It's AOD's 'Yo'.
      However the other two dolls I was interested in are:

DollZone's 'Hid'
      I'm sure I was looking at one of the Doll Chateau adult sculpts that looked somewhat skeleton-like. I'm not sure, it was a couple years ago.

11. Resinsoul Mei in white skin or Fairyland Chicline Lishe. I wouldn't buy either one now. Lishe perhaps in ltf form.

Oh and I never owned either one, my first was a Doll Leaves Dan.

12. DreamingDoll Misora... I've moved on from DDoll but I still think that she (or Airi whom I still kinda want...) would have made a great first doll. Sometimes I regret not just buying her.

13. The first doll I wanted to buy is CP Delf Lishe, I'm just completely fall in love with her. I couldn't afford any bjd then as time goes by I had forgotten about her and move on.
      Not until recently that I rediscover bjd and fall in love all over again with Lishe. I was lucky enough to found my holy grail Delf Lishe with the face up I adored for sale and I caved in. She cost me an arm and a leg even for a second hand, but she's worth every dollars with no regards.
      She is just breath taken.

14. The first doll I wanted to buy was Pukifee Bonnie. I haunted Flickr for ages and finally broke down and bought her a little over a year ago when DDE had her in stock. She is my sweet Hero and I still have her and I still lover her. She is sitting right next to me know while I make her a new outfit. She has couple of friends now!

15. This is a great topic! When I first found the hobby I was most interested in the Dollshe Bermanns and any of the Unoas. The Bermanns would sell out in 12 minutes after being posted (back in 2005ish?) and both sculpts were too expensive for me so gave up the pursuit. I'm kind of glad though, since then I've learned that I like smaller dolls (smaller than msd) and I've even been gravitating toward off topic dolls (like Blythe). To this day I still have soft spots for the Unoas and Bermanns so who knows, maybe I'll cave in one day and grab a unoa that pops up on the market from time to time :)

16. The first BJD dolls I ever saw were Volks and they got me intrigued, but because of their rarity and price tag, I never really considered buying one. Years later, I discovered Fairyland dolls and fell head over heels in love with them - particularly their Pukifees with the multi head. The Pukifee MH Bonnie was my favorite - and was the first one I ordered. Still haven't gotten her yet (since FL takes awhile), but I have managed to acquire several other FL dolls in the meantime.

17. The first dolls I saw were Volks back in 2006.
      Way too expensive though.
      I bought an Obitsu Gretel and an Obitsu Haruka.
      My first resin was a Bobobie.
      I finally did get the Volks boy I wanted!

18. The first doll I saw was a Feeple Chloe (not sure which version). I thought she looked really versatile. In some photos she looked very mature, and in others she looked like a young girl.
      I decided that I wanted her because of this.
      When I saw the price I was :o

I explored further and found the Minifee version and decided that price was better for me, but found she didn't quite have the same level of maturity to her face. I think it's because it's just a bit wider, and that throws it off, but I still wanted her.
      Then I found Celine while continuing to explore and became torn.

I joined DoA while I was waiting to order and saw Juri 08 and learned I couldn't just order her. She would have been my first purchase if I could have.
      Instead I ordered both Chloe and Celine Minifees (which ended up being more expensive than a Feeple Chloe :P), and funnily enough since then I've gotten a Juri 08 off the MP, and she'll be here before they arrive.

19. I first got into dolls in 2001/2002 when a friend of mine showed me a picture of an SD Sara. I thought she was really neat, because my mom and I collected dolls when I was younger (porcelain and Am. Girl and such) but I wasn't in love with her. I kept thinking about them and eventually found the Volks site... and there was Shirou Tachibana on the home page. He was already sold out and unobtainable. I checked eBay every so often, and started looking at pictures of CP dolls, but was a little too chicken to try a shopping service, but Shirou was my first love. Finally, the eBay thin panned out and in 2003 (or 2004? I can't remember anymore) I saw one pop up for less than 2k. He had been modded to have dreamy eyes, and didn't come with any fullset items, but he was only like $600. I was the only bidder. I found out from talking to the seller that she would be in Dallas (where I lived) in a couple of months for Akon, and I could save on shipping if she just brought him with her. I even invited her to stay at my house since I was going to the con too! (I also talked her out of leaving his jeans with me. X)) Oh, the wait was killer!!!! But once he was in my arms I knew he was perfect! I accidentally damaged the mod when removing his face-up for the first time, so I removed it entirely and have given him serveral face-ups since then... he's definitely due for a new one since I learned about thinning the paint. >,> But I still have him, and he's still my favorite!!

20. The first doll I wanted to buy was a Dollfie Dream Sasara, but the first resin doll I wanted was a Dream of Doll Calla. Sadly, my tastes have changed rather drastically and I'm no longer interested in DoD's aesthetics, but it's still nice to go back and look at the resin girl that started it all.