1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first doll you wanted to buy?

Jul 3, 2014

1. When I first discovered BJDs, I immediately fell in love with Delf Arwen. Her adorable chubby cheeks really caught my eyes.
      [​IMG]

Looking back now, I'm glad I didn't rush into it and bought her recklessly. My tastes has changed greatly and I now realized her size is a little too big for me. I didn't fully understand all the know how's and differences of BJDs between companies back then. I still don't know everything now but I do a lot more research now vs before.

I purchased my very first doll just this year, a good almost decade after my initial interest in BJDs. She was second hand but in incredibly mint condition. She's a Minifee Celine in tan. I didn't stray from my love for tan girls hah.

2. i wanted Limawa Mano...
      but I got Domuya Fin...

3. What was the first doll you wanted to buy? The first doll I honest-to-God wanted to buy was Soom Laon. I loved his sweet face and his manageable size (he was an MSD).
      Did you get them? Sadly, no. He sold out before I could get the money.
      If you got them do you still have them? Never got him, so I can't still have him, LOL! I would probably still have him if I had gotten him.
      If you didn't get it would you buy it now given the chance? Probably not. I've found another doll to shell the character, and the doll I've got shells the character better anyway. Laon set the bar, though; he helped me realize that a smiling sculpt was best to shell my Johnny's character.

4. First doll I ever wanted to buy was a Fairyland Feeple65 Chloe o: I still plan on getting her, as she's going to be the adult version of one of my current dolls. I feel so lucky the doll I first fell in love with wasn't a limited lol.

5. First doll I wanted was a FairyLand LittleFee Shiwoo when I just saw them around and figured I'd never get any BJD. Didn't get it got a Mystic Kids Cris a couple years later in 2013. Who I like much more.
      Not big on yosds hough so I'll never get it cause I don't like it that much anyway.

6. I think it may have been a MNF Shiwoo. I met a girl, who had one and I just wanted one as well, because I hardly knew if there were any other options. Luckily I was smart enough to spend some months researching and getting a feel of the BJD community, so when I bought my first doll, a B&G Sky, it felt much more personal and not a "I just need this doll". I did end up selling him, but I had a nice experience with it in general, and I don't regret anything.

7. The first one was either Volks DD Mirai (I also wanted Candy and Yukino, but I believe I wanted Mirai the most...?) or Peakswoods FOB Mori Moth...
      I never got any of the dolls as I was too young to afford them with my own money, and my tastes have drastically changed since then. It is a bit nostalgic to remember the initial excitement, though.

8. A noble dolls raspberry in dark tan, then i quickly gave up on that after being told that only 30 were made ;_;

9. Fairyland Rena. I'm new to the hobby and well as much as I loved the sculpt I love my risse much more.

10. The first doll I wanted was Minifee Rena. That was a year or so ago.

11. I wanted a Dollzone Ivan! It's not the Ivan they have now. This one was a 1/3 doll with weird, unique hands and elf ears!
      He was so stunning! He is my ultimate grail doll.
      Unfortunately, I don't even see him acknowledged on Dollzone, nor do I know of anyone who has him.
      He was my first BJD love.

12. The first doll that I ever wanted was LUTS KDF Pine! The face sculpt was just the pinnacle of cuteness for me in the past, but my tastes have changed. I may possibly get him in the future, but I've currently got other dolls on my list that I'd like to acquire first <3

13. Fairyland Minifee Chloe, and she'll soon be on her way to me.

14. first I ever wanted was a dollshe david knucci. I just fell in love at first sight. I wanted him since 2015, but I only got him near the end of September of last year. I'm so glad I bought him. Now to buy his suitable girlfriend....

15. The first doll I ever really wanted was a Kid Dollmore Pado boy. I thought he was precious and saved for ages, but caved and bought a cheaper doll instead... I'd probably still have him if I had bought him (honestly, I wish that I had at that point), but I don't really still want him now, so I guess it worked out okay! (Now I really want a tan Vian...)

16. First doll I wanted was Angel Region Ami. I got her, but now I'm selling her 10 years later. She is a great doll, but I need smaller dolls, and even if I change my mind and get MSDs again, I need a fresh start. Got her during the worst time in my life, so I'm no longer attached now that it is over. She reminds me of too much. So yeah, I wouldn't likely buy her again as cute as she is!

I don't think soom even sells her now? I got her back when Neo Angel Region was still just Angel Region! xD

17. The first doll was Matthew, but I have recently just purchased DZ Marlin & AS Eugene.

18. First doll I fell in love with was definitely a Zaoll Muse. Still don't have one, but I'm determined! The sculpt of both the head and the body is just gorgeous. If I had the money, I would definitely own one <3

19. The doll I saw that made me go "I need it!" was BeYours Olive. I came so close to buying because I found out all their sculpts are limited. But after more research I realized I just liked the faceup. Now I am not attracted, though that faceup is still amazing.