1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first doll you wanted to buy?

Jul 3, 2014

1. DOD Elf I-Ra, and i did get the chance to own her! I didnt click with her like i thought i would but it was really nice to have my grail doll for a little while.

2. The very first doll I ever saw and fell for was a Narae sculpt around 2006, paired with an Unoa Lusis in a picture on someone's deviantArt page. I still have neither to this very day. Narae is still pretty, but I've changed my tastes a little since then, so I don't know if I'd buy her unless I somehow found her very cheap (fat chance XD). However, I think a Lusis may be my grail doll, like so many other people. She's just so precious! If I had money I'd scoop her right up.

3. Iplehouse Carina was the first doll I had the urge to buy. I had known about dolls for a few years but Carina was the one that made me actually want a BJD of my own. I bought her two months after meeting my friend's Carina and I still have her. I doubt I will ever part with her!

4. The first BJD I ever wanted to buy WAS the first one I bought. Elfdoll Rita. I still have her and will never get rid of her.

5. For me, it was Dream of Doll's Sha. I still find myself drooling over him. Someday he will be mine.

6. I had seen a lot of dolls while I was just a sort of casual observer in the hobby, but the doll that really made me want to jump in to take the plunge was the Iplehouse Byuri in "The Addiction" line. I remember staring at her, then the price, then her again trying to make the wires cross as to how I could scrounge up the money for her. I wanted to go for it, but she sold out and that's the end of that. My plans have currently shifted since then, but I really don't think i'd mind owning her in the future!

7. Volks SD13 Mimi! She was the fifth BJD I bought, but she is the first one I KNEW I wanted for sure. And I still have her. :aheartbea I still love the anime look for my BJDs.

april, this sounds almost exactly like the situation where I got my first BJD! I was watching a fullset Volks Kohya auction on ebay, but just couldn't make myself shell out over $1000 for him. When the auction was over, I went to the Volks website and bought the most masculine SD13 in stock that I saw there, which was Volks Link. I don't remember if I even considered him before then. He's perfect for me, and is still my favorite. And I remember seeing and wanting Satoko Ohno's faceupped heads too, and they no doubt influenced me toward buying a Volks first.

Linda S.
      galatia9

8. On a whim, Lati White Sp. Belle. I'm really glad I adopted her because it lead to my whole Lati addiction..:aheartbea :aheartbea There wasn't really any thought behind her other than she was too cute for words. I was curious about BJDs - and specifically Latis - after being in the fashion doll community and seeing so many Lati photos within my circle of friends.

9. My first loves were Dollzone Raphael and his mini-me Baby Raphael. I saw pictures of them separately and was already starry-eyed, but then I spotted the portrait of them together and started pining hard and researching and scouring the internet...and now I have my Raphael as well as triplet Baby Raphaels, haha. (And I wouldn't say no to quads or quints, either. Curse you, Raphael addiction!) No matter how many dolls I own, I suspect those buggers in particular will always have their tiny resin claws dug into my heart. :aheartbea

10. Pretty sure the first BJD I saw that I really wanted was one of DIM's girls...Marianne, maybe? I do know the first BJD I ever saw was a Dollzone boy. Xi? Yi? Something like that. I think. My memory's not that great. I could be wrong. Although the first one I bought was a Angelregion Dana. Probably. XD

11. The doll I first wanted to buy was Loius from Glorydoll. Especially I loved the Halloween version. I can not tell why exactly, but that moment I really fell in love with that sculpt. Up to that moment the company stopped, so I could not get him. So I got another first doll, then a few more, and I really like them. I still like the Louis sculpt and think that the company was making very special dolls but I also would say that there are many other great companies who make amazing dolls.

12. The first bjd I ever fell in love with/wanted to buy was Angel Studio's Lan. I first saw her as the model for their 1/3 western dress/deer girl outfit. Unfortunately they had to change the stockings/leggings which ended up being a huge regret to me. I wish I'd ordered it before the material change le sigh... '''orz

13. The first doll that I wanted to buy was DOT Tender Shall. When I saw the prices, I couldn't believe it so I stopped hoping that I can even own one and I also stopped looking at BJD-related pictures. Years later, after stumbling once again to some BJD pictures, I started searching for BJDs again. And once again, I started loving that very same sculpt. Probably because Dream of Doll was the first BJD website I have visited. Sadly, I don't like that sculpt now as much as I used to. So I crossed out that doll in my wishlist.

14. The first doll I wanted to buy was a Migidoll Miho. I did not end up getting a Miho and I sadly still do not have one but I hope to get on in the future.

15. i think it was the school A head from volks... but i wanted to buy a doll before that, just didn't have anything specific i would like... most dolls looked samefaced to me at first, especially volks ones

16. The first doll I actually wanted to buy was a RS Gang, and I still would like to make him my first purchase. A long-time character of mine saw him and perked up as being "his" body, and that was the first time that had happened. Almost purchased him at a convention too, but chose not to because of the expense. Now that I'm in a better place financially, I plan on getting him within the next year!

17. The first doll I wanted to buy was a Dollshe Saint. I did purchase him (I actually have two Saints now), and I love them so much! They were everything I had hoped they would be and more. I wanted many of the Soom LE dolls around the same time (I was looking up many, many companies per day at the time) and I have all of the ones I had missed out on before I joined the hobby.

18. the first doll i really wanted to buy was a dream of doll shall, but since was just discovering bjds and only wanted one as an artist model i thought she was too expensive and got an obitsu instead. now many years (and dolls) later i still think she is lovely but i have found that msd sized dolls are as big as i want so even though i don't get the sticker shock when i see her anymore, i'll never bring her home.

19. The first doll I ever wanted to buy was Dream of Doll DOT Azera. I quickly realized he was not the right one for me though, at least for my first. I am still fond of him, but I do not know if I will ever buy him.

20. For me, I think the first doll I wanted to buy was the first one I saw - Volks Chii! But the first one I seriously /tried/ to buy and actually put some effort into researching was Customhouse Siwon - but as a girl. I've got a boy Siwon now who's about to go off for a faceup, and hopefully once I find someone to swap bodies with me, I'll finally have that doll I was dreaming of back in 2005. XD