1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first doll you wanted to buy?

Jul 3, 2014

1. I planned on getting a Luts Dark Elf Soo as my first doll, but ended up getting a body and a free Juri 06 head instead. I in no way regret getting her, but she instilled in me a love of limited dolls, so I kept putting off getting Dark Elf Soo because she was a basic doll I could pick up at any time. Then Luts pulled all of their Delf line and I was not able to get her!
      It took several years, but I finally got my hands on a normal skin Dark Elf Soo with her default faceup.
      [​IMG]

2. Doll Chateau Lance. :D It's been over two years and I don't think I'll ever get him, but I really do love his sculpt! Body and face <3

3. I so wanted a Atelier Momoni Momoni for my first bjd;I really wanted to mod her into a mermaid.I feel in love with her face as soon as I saw her in a video.Although she is out of my price rang on what I would like to spend on dolls.

4. I recently joined the whole BJD community so I'd say my first doll that I wanted to buy for myself is the Lucywen doll! And lo and behold, I ended up joining a group order, and will have her in 5-6 months depending on how fast my layaway goes!

5. I think it was a mystic kids francis. I didn't have the funds for him at the time, so I convinced myself to buy something else. Ended up with a cheaper doll that I didn't really like as much. I don't really wish for dolls and get them. Most of my purchases are impulse.. I've wanted DiM Flowne, but can't get her. Yet. Other than that I've really wanted the bobobie Apollo.

6. the first doll i wanted was a doll leaves herdy although i ended up changing my mind about her

7. I almost bought a Little Monica Little Kliff but before I pressed the button I spotted another doll that suited my character better.
      I got a Luts SDF65 Cyan instead. Looking back...Little Kliff looks a bit too young and small for my character. I am glad I didn't buy him (but it doesn't mean he is not cute)

8. A few years ago when I first was introduced to the hobby, I wanted one of the dolls from Soom's Rosette school. Alas, I couldn't tell you which one, because it's been five years and either the sculpts have changed or they're no longer as cute in my eyes. I still love the concept, though, and still kind of want a full boarding school's worth of dolls in my wildest dreams.

9. Hmm, the very first doll I wanted was a Mystic Kids Francis. I never got him, the sculpt is lovely but I grew tired of it quickly.
      Another one was DollZone Renata, who is now discountined. I still want her.

10. First doll I wanted was a Fairyland Rin. I didn't get them but fell in love with a Gem of Doll Sofier instead, which I plan to get

11. The first doll that I wanted to buy was an Iplehouse YID Barron. He's so gorgeous and moody looking. I ended up getting a YID Gentle Soori instead (and I absolutely love him) and never did get my Barron. Maybe someday.

12. Dream of Doll Shall... I saw a photo of her on their website and was completely enamored. That was almost 10 years ago: now my tastes have completely changed and she doesn't give me that feeling anymore! I've also learned that I prefer MSD sized dolls and recently sold my DOD Shall in order to pursue an MSD army.

13. The first doll I wanted to buy was a Ringdoll Lucifer, but he didn't end up being my first doll as he was a little too much of a price commitment for a hobby that I didn't know whether I'd be absolutely committed to at the time. I did get him eventually, though!

14. Mine was a limited doll that is now my grail doll, which is Daydream Lance from Crobi. I can't get him of course, but if I get the chance I will save up for him. :(
      When I looked for other dolls instead of limiteds though, the only doll I fell in love with is Keith, also from Crobi. You could say he's the first doll I ever fell in love with from their available dolls. I just got him and I fell in love with his sculpt and face up all over again. I don't regret it one bit.:love

15. The first doll I wanted was Doll Legends 25cm Yin Man! I wanted her almost right from the start and even ended up buying her first! ...however, it's sadly been 13 weeks that I've had to wait (I know that's fairly normal but the wait is hard). So then I ended up getting a Myou Doll 27cm Mina from Junkyspot as my first doll so I could have one sooner! I love her to bits!:D

16. The first doll I have wanted to buy was Resinsoul Sui (dragon boy). Because I like dragons) But really my first doll was Dollshe Aramis. I don't want Sui because I have understood that I prefer SD size)

17. What was the first doll you wanted to buy? Soom Grey
      Did you get them? No... >.<
      If you didn't get it would you buy it now given the chance? To say the truth, I think no. Why ? Maybe because my tastes have evolved. Now I'm more on the SD size and plus. :XD:

[​IMG]

18. I don't have a doll yet, however I do want a Dreaming Doll Airi. I do plan to get her somehow, however I need to wait for some life things to settle out before I am actually able to get her. So if all goes according to my plan she will be the first doll that I get.

19. What was the first doll you wanted to buy?
      Soom's Sweet Witch, in baby pink.

Did you get them? If you got them do you still have them?
      I wasn't able to get her when she first came out. However, I am acquiring her fantasy head, and I just bought a body for her. I will most likely never sell her, since I am customizing her and she is the only grail I've ever had.

If you didn't get it would you buy it now given the chance?
      I'm actually working on that! I missed the re-release but I'm happy to have found her secondhand for a good price.

20. What was the first doll you wanted to buy? ResinSoul Winter. I've admired BJDs for years, but only seeing the adorable little deer-critter actually pulled me into wanting one for myself rather than wanting to admire other people's.

Did you get them? I did!

If you got them do you still have them? Yes, and I'm delighted with him, and planning all sorts of fun (faceup, body blushing, sewing...) So far, this has been the most engrossing hobby purchase I've made in quite some time.