1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first doll you wanted to buy?

Jul 3, 2014

1. The first doll i wanted to buy was a doll leaves Asa his face sculpt was perfect for the character i had in mind when i saw him my first thought was "oh my gosh that's him!" The reason i didn't end up getting him was mostly because i'm very indecisive and kept going back and fourth about what character i wanted to make and still am debating if i want him

I'd say given the time (and funds LOL) i'd end up getting him because i still think his a very good match for the character!

2. Volks Black Cat Lucas. I was dying to get one but he was sold out and the secondhand prices for him stayed high for a really long while.

I still kinda want a Lucas sometimes, but I probably won't ever get one unless it's as a cheap impulse buy. Getting the old CP and DoD sculpts I missed are a higher priority.

3. Oh god I fell for the Asa sculpt as soon as I saw him as well! I eventually decided against it because of his size but he's still hovering in the back of my wishlist... >_>

4. Funny enough besides the scupt fitting the character i had in mind, i was personally drawn to just HOW big he was i don't have the room for big dollies but they are my weakness and i can't resist them QwQ

Honestly his still a BIG want for me!

5. I wanted my first doll to be a Luts Model Delf Abadon, but didn’t quite have the funds for it at the time. Oh gosh, I really liked that sculpt.

I’m still obsessed with the idea of owning a doll from Luts so I plan to get one in the future, even if it isn’t an Abadon sculpt.

6. The first doll I ever wanted was a Minifee Chloe. She was the first BJD I had ever seen and I had instantly fallen in love with how pretty she looked and how nicely people in the hobby styled her. She’s no longer my style and I don’t think I ever plan on having a Chloe, but I always love seeing photos of her.

7. first doll I wanted to cyril ! it's a doll really difficult to have now:shudder

8. The first doll I wanted was Soah by Iplehouse and I saved and purchased her. I have had her for years and now I need to redo her face up and body blushing

9. The first doll I ever really wanted was a 5th motif Venitu. I think the head of the venitu and the Timeless body are both so handsome and perfect. I started off with an MSD, (Glad I did) but I was extremely lucky when I found someone selling their old Venitu (he's marked and chipped but I love him all the same) So I did end up getting my dream doll:lol:

10. Years ago before I could afford the hobby I dreamed of owning a supia rosy. But actually when I finally got into the hobby I chose a different doll for me <3

11. The first doll I ever wanted to bring home was a DOD Homme Ducan and I could place an order for him 3-4 months later. Still got him 10½ years later and will never part with him.

12. Dollzone Demi-2 was the first doll that really caught my eye. It ended up being one of the LUTs boys instead though.

13. First doll wich i really wanted was Impldoll Aurora, i got her on muscle body but would like to change her body to other newest impldoll body with much more poses abillity :-)

14. The first doll I fell in love was DOD Sha, but couldn't afford him at the time. I ended up buying a DZ three part body Zo instead. My tastes changed with time, so it wasn't all that bad :)

15. The first doll I ever wanted to buy was Narindoll's 1:3 Narea. While she wasn't the first one I actually got, I did get her soon after. I still have her & love her as much as I did 13 years ago.

16. Dream of Doll Homme Ducan. Then I got him! Then, thanks to unfortunate life events, I was forced to sell him. I've made peace with having to part with him since then, and I love my current crew so all's well.

17. Angel of Dream Lan, saw her at a doll convention when I was researching sculpts.

I didn't get her then and don't intend to get her since another doll that showed up a year or three later had a much stronger resemblance to my fave character, and I had more doll friends around then.

18. A CP El and Lishe! They were going to be twins. That never panned out for me as I didn't have the funds back then. But I ended up with mnf versions of them and neither have the same chatacters. They became completely different.

19. Dream of Doll Tender Zen!~

though it's discontinued now i cri

but i don't think I'll buy him too if ever... I find him smol ;-; if only he's 1/3 sd

20. The Soom Idealian Hornblend (Human Version). It reminded me of my favourite video game character.