1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first doll you wanted to buy?

Jul 3, 2014

1. I really wanted and continue to admire the Leeke World Irene sculpt. She looks so sad and wistful and I already have her back story and I would definitely buy her should I come across her and I had the money. I noticed I go for pouty and wistful looking dolls and she is definitely on my list.

2. The first doll I really wanted to buy and own was actually a Pipos Cheshire. Everybody else I showed it to thought they were creepy, but I thought it was adorable and I had plans to get that for my first doll. And it turns out I did. I even got him in a unique color that I didn't see very much so that is a cool thing about him. He is just so tiny that I haven't really figured out what to do with him yet.

3. Leeke World Irene, I love how wistful she looks and if she ever becomes available and i have the cash I am going for it.

4. Doll I wanted: Resinsoul Song.
      Doll I bought: Resinsoul Mei.
      And I don't want to buy Song anymore, I guess.

5. The first doll that peeked my interest was the Unoa Sist.
      I have one now (she still needs a face-up), but I'd still like more dolls.
      It's addictive XD.
      It seems like I'm most interested in neutral or somewhat smiling dolls.

6. The First doll I ever really wanted was a dollzone Luke. His face is just so sweet and cute. Sadly I never got him but maybe one day. At the moment I'm only focusing on SDs

7. The first BJD I fell in love with was a Bluefairy Gus on eBay. He kinda inspired me to actually start researching the hobby seriously. I never bought him because the sale seemed sketchy to me (maybe I was just paranoid), but I still have a soft spot for Bluefairy because of him. The first doll I actually considered getting was RS Pixiu, which is still a doll I like, he just hasn't fit into my plans since then. I wound up at Doll Leaves and stuck there lol

8. The first doll I fell in love with was Dollmore Kara Klum (regular OE NS version). He was also the first doll I bought - it was very much that doll or nothing for me, I wouldn't have gotten one at all if I didn't get him. I do still have that doll (I just took a bunch of photos of him!), and he is still my favorite - right there with the 5-going-on-6 other Kara Klums I have! He's my favorite of those too though (unless you count the WS OE one. He's also my favorite).

9. The first company I looked at was Luts, but the first doll I fell in love with and wanted to buy was a Dollmore Suntan Asha. I saw her and just KNEW she was mine. I wibbled for a few months before buying her but I haven't looked back since! She's still my favourite doll, although her newest sister is trying her best to displace her. Sorry, Loki, Lillith will always win. ;)

10. First doll that I wanted to buy was a Dream of Doll Twin-B (MSD Size) because the first BJD that I have ever played with was my friend's Twin-B and she was dressed in pink lolita dress and black shoes. During that time, I didn't really know much BJD companies and browsed through Dream of Doll's page. Twin-B's picture didn't attract me to buy it (he looked rather boyish) but instead, Dream of Doll Petsha caught my interest and I bought her in fullset :love

11. Ahaha, aha... well- way back in the day, when I was a freshman in highschool, I first found BJD's. I stumbled on the DoD site and became enamored with Homme Ducan. So much so that I printed out the company photo of him and put it in my binder, ahaha.

Being in highschool, though, I had no money to even think of a four hundred dollar doll. Eventually, I forgot all about Homme Ducan and BJD. Until this last January- and I found Souldoll's new Cubarem. I scrounged up what I could and put him on layaway immediately!

Noe he sits in his little chair, surrounded by new friends and looking just as pouty as he did when I fell in love with him.

12. The first doll I saw that I wanted to own was Dream of Doll's Camine. I bought him and an Iplehouse Lion around the same time. The Camine arrived first, without a faceup when I had ordered him with a faceup, then another Camine arrived, with a faceup, so I contacted DOD and it was agreed I'd send the first Camine back. Meanwhile, my Lion was still being held by customs :roll: My introduction to the world of bjds was quite an 'aaarrrrrgggggghhhh!' experience, to say the least. I wasn't a member of DOA at the time, so I muddled my way through it all on my own. It was a great learning experience, I suppose.

Anyway, I do still have my Camine and my Lion and all the dolls I've bought. But Camine has a special place in my heart and I would never part with him.

13. The first BJD I ever wanted to buy was Resinsoul Gang. I actually have a male OC in my imagination, and I wanted to bring him to life with a doll. I actually bought a wig from Cool Cat for him, because it was on sale, but I never did end up buying Gang. I'm not sure if I ever will, to be honest, but you never know!

14. The first dolls I wanted were the Iplehouse JID Tatiana and Tania Trapeze limited edition dolls, which was years. I told myself that if they sold out I'd just get one of them as a basic sculpt. In the end, I bought a JID Cecile, because I fell in love with her, and decided I liked her more, even though I'd wanted the other two for longer.
      I'd still like to get a Tatiana/Tania, and even though I told myself that they weren't the resin colour I prefer, and I'd have to get a small bust because otherwise they wouldn't fit in the outfit and I prefer large bust dolls, I would probably buy the full set if I ever came across one some day and I had the money. :)

15. First BJD I wanted to buy was Iplehouse Dexter - & I got him :D Put him on layaway a day before the limited period for him expired, in fact.

16. Dollshe Hound - yes I did get him as my first doll, and I still have him :)

17. The absolute first doll I wanted to buy was a Iplehouse EID. I'm not sure which one, but it was definitely Iplehouse. My family flipped when I told them I wanted to buy a $800 dollar doll. :wiggle Only if they knew it would lead to this. ;)

18. The first doll that I wanted to buy was actually the one who got me in to this hobby to begin with , and it was a Crobidoll Yeon-ho B type. I never got him , but one day , if I find him on the MP I will buy him . I don't think my taste in dolls has changed much since I began collecting 4 years ago .. I still break in to an affectionate smile when I see that cute face :D

19. The first doll I ever really wanted to buy was a MiniFee Celine back when she was first released but I thought maybe I should start with something smaller so I went for a Zuzu Delf from Luts first :) I really love my Zuzu Delf but I think I'd like to try a minifee now :)

20. The first one I thought I wanted was an Ai Choa. Even got outbid on ebay on her. Now I have gone in a different direction and the first doll I bought was a CP Delf Lishe.
      Still love her to pieces!