1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first doll you wanted to buy?

Jul 3, 2014

1. The first doll I wanted to buy (and succeeded purchasing!) was a Fairyland Fairyline Sircca! Fell in love with her sculpt and then went scouring the internet to find her. Managed to find her second-hand from another BJD enthusiast on Instagram and haven't regretted that purchase since.

2. My first doll was a Fairyland Fairyline Sircca and I'm pretty loyal to the company at this point; I've added Chloe, Rens, and Hwayu to the mix! I've always leaned towards the fantasy theme which Fairyline scratches that itch for me.

3. I think the first doll that really captured my heart was Fairyland’s fullset Chloe. I was just wowed by her. The whole outfit was gorgeous and I loved Chloe’s cute face! I never got her and obviously fullset are limited so I don’t have the option anymore. I don’t think I’d want Chloe without that set so it’ll just never be. If I could go back in time and order her I definitely would!

4. Dollshe Hound.
      At the time I thought there was no way I'd find a doll I'd want more than him, I thought he was so beautiful. (He still is :P)
      Even though I'd prefer other Dollshe sculpts over him now, I'd still really like to own one someday!

5. i was all over the place when i first became interested in the hobby i'm not 100% sure what the first doll i wanted to buy was! i do remember heavy interest in the cp delfs though.

6. My first doll is Ringdoll Kylin. I was at middle school, and that was my birthday gift. I really like him when I first saw him, so I beg my parents to buy it for me.

7. I think it was LUTS Bory... because it was small, cute, looks like Ciel and I was Kuroshitsuji fan. After some days I realised its not what I really love, but I still remember the doll and like it.

8. Back in the day I was really taken with the DoC Tender Yen. But I really wasn't ready to commit to the hobby at all, I just liked the idea of having a doll. My peers had them, the scene was substantial, but I knew I liked that look only aesthetically and it would have been too surface for me to continue past 2 or 3 years.

Looking at it now that sculpt is still darling and the official styling is still one of the sweetest~ Good times~

9. The very first doll I wanted to buy was after playing the otome game from Korea, Nameless. There was a series of dolls that were released around that time by Crobidoll. I had an interest in the hobby for a while before this point, but never had enough money to buy a doll. I specifically wanted the Nameless version of Lance. I never got to buy him, and even to this day I still don't have him. If I was given the opportunity to buy him or get him, I would in a heartbeat granted I had the funds to do so. So I'll just have to keep an eye out for him and hope for the best. :3nodding:

10. My first doll I wanted to buy was the first doll that made me really want to try this BJD thing out as a hobby x) I had been going through the "usual" places when you're new to the hobby and the prices are daunting, like Resinsoul for example. I was directed to Dollzone and Fairyland, but none really striked me as interesting enough. Then my friend, who introduced me to the hobby, said that "there's this company called Iplehouse that has more manly looking sculpts, if that's more of your flavour". So I went, saw Iplehouse EID Roger and fell head over heels in love. For the next four years he was my grail doll, all the while I was expanding my BJD crew with other sculpts just as pretty, but not that perfect as Roger. Then, Iplehouse decided to discontinue him, I panicked, bought him and I cried a bit when I opened the box because he's more perfect IRL than on any photo I've ever seen. I'm still to style him, but I still get overwhelmed when I have him out of the drawer xD

11. a Soom doll ,I forgot the name but it is 1/6 size. I still want her .I'm keeping my eyes on Soom ,I read that they tend to re-release dolls :)

12. The first doll I wanted was a Dim Benetia(half closed eyes). However I liked neither her little fangs nor the Dim body and so I decided having to hybrid and mod your first doll would be too overwhelming and so I went for a Dc Bella instead. I'm not sure if I would want to get her today,since I quickly came to realize that I wanted to collect dolls with very small eyes, like F&J Mushiyi or Dc Lance and although hers aren't very big, they are a little too wide for my preferences nowadays+I'm still afraid of modding dollies.

13. Well I think I can answer this question, even if I have yet to get my hands on a doll.

The first doll I wanted, upon serious researching back in July (still researching either way), had been Souldoll's Vito-girl Freya! I actually like Freya a whole lot still, but the character I want to shell works better for my current options; minifee Lucywen or 5stardoll Elaine. Leaning on the minifee due to my plan of saving up will permit me to go that route. :)

14. The first bjds I saw was Minifees. So I really wanted one. Didn't matter the sculpt. So my 4th doll was a Minifee. She is was so cute but wasn't for me. I really got caught up in how popular they are. But I should of known I wouldn't like them. Now I know