1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first doll you wanted to buy?

Jul 3, 2014

1. The first doll I really wanted to buy was loong soul's iman. I fell in love with his sculpt. But I was (and still kinda am) worried about his size and price. Especially since the first dolls that I've ordered haven't come home yet. I'm just worried he would be difficult to work with since he is so big. However my first doll should be coming home within the next week. He's a DollZone megi ordered from a user on the marketplace.

2. Back in the day I looked at several dolls liked (DOD, DZ...) but the one I fell in love with and had to have was the OrientDoll Il.
      He was my very fist doll and I still have him. Although being odd sized and all I have no regrets :)

3. The first doll I was tempted to buy was the Volks Shirou Tachibana fullset from DP9. Eventually, as it turned out, there were many more dolls from that company and others that I liked more, so I've never gotten him. And even though he'll never be a part of my collection, I still feel my heart flutter a bit when I see pictures, because he was the doll that got me interested in getting one for myself.

4. B&G Loretta, full set. I will get her someday. :)

5. Luts CP Shiwoo Elf - Limited Edition and already sold out before I discovered BJDs didn't like the regular Shiwoo anywhere near as much (must be lure of those pointy ears!) so I didn't get one but went for the regular Chiwoo instead.

If one came up for sale today, I'd have to think seriously about getting him - and I have no idea which side of the line I'd come down on. Logically, I still like the sculpt, but I don't know if I'm still keen enough on it to add a second big Luts boy to the family.

Teddy

6. Supia Muriel! I have seen a lot of dolls over the past few years (for jointing reference) but I have totally fallen in love with her face. I've been literally dreaming about her since I saw her. I don't have the spare cash to buy her now, sadly, but I hope to by the end of the year!

7. The first doll I actually wanted to buy was Iplehouse's SID Claude. But by the time I decided that I wanted him enough to spend that much money on him, he was sold out! I did wind up getting him later that year, with the christmas re-release. He's the only doll so far that's actually stayed in my collection. :P

8. The first doll I ever wanted was a Fairyland littlefee. I didn't end up buying one (went with a Resinsoul doll :) ) but I just ordered a Fairyland Minifee. I probably wouldn't get a littlefee just because it doesn't suit my taste, but I still love Fairyland dolls! :)

9. The very first doll I wanted was a Luts Senior Delf Annette, back when I first learned of these dolls and started doing my own exploring of different companies. Luts was the first site I visited, and Annette was the first one I came to like.

I did not get her. Instead, the more I researched, the more I discovered other dolls that took her place as my potential first. However, she is still a possible sculpt for a character I want to shell out into a doll.

10. There was a lot of dolls that I looked at when I first discovered the hobby. But the first doll that I ever really considered buying (since this hobby is very expensive, at least for myself) was Xagadoll Ximigo. She was so friggin' adorable and I was going to take some of my saving funds out for her (especially since at the time, they were offering to send her cat ears that were pictured with her). The reason I didn't end up buying her though is because I thought logically and at the time, I never had a job and people kept turning me down for jobs. So, I didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel where I would be able to actually take care of her and give her awesome clothes for a very long time. In the end, I didn't get her. She is still so adorable today but I probably won't ever end up getting her. Reason being because my interest has gone down a bit for her and for most resin BJDs other than fantasy or really different sculpts like Soom's satyrs, centaurs, etc or Doll Chateau's BJDs for example. Sooo yup~ that was my experience.
      :sweat

11. It was a Minifée Shushu ! I felt in love when I saw the pictures with the white dress and the white mohair wig but I never bought her, I still quite like the mold but I prefer the Mnf Chloé now so if one day I can buy one it will be a Chloé ^^.

12. minifee Rena. Fate has lead me to have other dolls in my collection. But I will eventually have the doll that sparked my interest someday.

I'm pretty content with my collection now. so really the only one I would buy now is her if she popped up for a reasonable price.

13. I always wanted a RingDoll sculpt :( I need to save up so I can buy one of those beautiful boys :3

14. Which one though? The very first doll I wanted was DOD DOI Luke, however a Ringdoll will be my first, and now I don't have auch a big crush on Luke.

I agree, Ringdoll boys are beautiful.

15. Luts CP Dark Elf Soo... sold out before I even discovered the hobby. I eventually found a doll who was much more suited to the character I wanted her for, but I recently found a Dark Elf Soo on the Marketplace and bought her!

16. Angell-Studio Andrea. But when I saw Unidoll Cupi I realized that I want her more then Andrea.
      So, I'm with Cupi now. Andrea is very beautiful, but I already don't fall in love with him.
      Actually I'm fall in love with Iplehouse Claude...

17. Hah, How funny. I fell for a D.O.D Ducan, then discovered Ringdoll Sol, and bought him :3 He is still needing to be shipped... curse the wait..

18. I'm not actually sure. The first doll I kind of wanted was either Luts Delf Yder (white skin) or Tiny Fairy Niky. I really liked Yder's his default pictures, and I still like him to some extent but wouldn't buy him anymore. And Niky, I really much liked his (or her, since I would have wanted him as a girl) mischievous face and smile. And partly I wanted him/her because my friends bought their first dolls from Bluefairy ^^' But now I don't think I would buy him/her either.

19. Don't laugh at me :XD: Angel of Dream Qian was the first doll I ever wanted to buy - I'd seen other bjd, but I didn't like them enough to buy one - till I saw her! I did actually buy her of course - and I kind of still have her but I gave her to my son, so she sits in his room now. My taste in dolls is constantly changing!

20. @Elve I don't laugh at you because Qian will be my first doll,too :) I love at first sight with her when I saw her on DOA. She's a sweety girl, and I bought her, of course. Now I'm waiting for her, I think she will go home after 20 days :sweat