1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first doll you wanted to buy?

Jul 3, 2014

1. DoC Yen... and I still want to eventually own that one doll. I fell in utter love with him back when I first discovered the hobby and wanted him badly. And surely if I had gotten him then maybe a lot of things would have been different for me now, but that's okay... I am comforted by the fact that he's still a basic sculpt I can eventually purchase and not completely gone like some sculpts people fall in love with.

2. Wayy back in the day the first doll I ever wanted to buy was one of the SOOM monthly dolls ( it was the pair that looked like the goddesses from an online game). Shortly after my hobby priorities changed, and books took precedent so I never bought them.
      In my current age of doll obsession the first doll I saw that I wanted to buy was an iplehouse Luna, but I'll be purchasing the new yur instead (I feel that she has a softer face).

3. First doll I ever fell in love with was a Soom Onyx with a vesuvia tail I seen a picture of, that really started my research and I ran across Luts and wanted a SSD but since I was new the price scared me so I did more research and found my Qian from AOD, which I own. I have to say though, I am now waiting for my first girl from Fairyland and if I had known more about this hobby I would have choose either fairyland or luts first.

4. The first one I ever wanted was a Volks Megu. I didn't have money at the time, and when I started looking again my tastes had changed. So, I never got her. While she's not even on my want list now, I won't say I'll never get her. As much as my taste has changed, she still holds a special place in my collecting heart.

5. Soom Idelian Albany - Aviator. She was the first ever doll I wanted, even before I knew(or cared) what bjds were.
      Since my dive in to the bjd world it was Iplehouse Y.I.D Eric.

But I didn't get either one of them, though I still would like both.

6. The first doll I wanted to buy was Iplehouse Eva. But I bought a Dollzone Hal first. But she is still on my wishlist and I will get her one day.

7. The first doll I wanted to buy was OnlyDoll MoYan, he's relatively cheap and I loved how heavy his lids looked. For some reason I still haven't gotten him,I guess finding out about other sculpts made me forget lol

8. The first doll that really caught my eye was Iplehouse Soo. I still love her, but I decided to go with MSDs for my collection instead.

I won't deny that I've been tempted to buy Soo anyway, though.

9. The first doll I really seriously looked into and wanted to have was Iplehouse Felix!
      Saw a picture of him that looked so real and struck me as perfectly conveying my image of a 'good looking man' haha.
      Before that I did like a ton of dolls already but tried being strong and not get any.
      My interest has changed a bit since then but I still like him and still might get him one day...

10. Supia, Limhwa and Dream of Doll were the first dolls I saw... Shall in particular I loved- she had that full elfy warrior suit at the time. (Er... was that her?) I think it was Rhoda I first saw for Supia... can't recall. It was a Christmas special on their site page and she was sooooooooooooo beautiful! I have never owned any of these dolls so far and I started collected in 2007, though I might get a Limhwa at some point. I was also very much in love with Luts El and Lishe. I still am but they don't fit my style anymore. Those were all my gateway dolls, they reeled me in with their beauty!

11. the first doll i WANTED was one of the SNG boys...probably Vian or Milhwa.
      but i've never got the chance or money to get one since they are quiet rare and limited.
      and then i had the chance to see sd sized boys in real life only to get a bit...scared by their size!!
      so i'm guessing they will just be grail dolls... that i never actually want for ever

12. The first BJD that I fell in love with was Luts Lishe. I have had her in my mind over the past few years and finally bought one a month ago. She arrived over a week ago and the poor girl is still nudie. At least she has a wig on...lol. I need to dress her and take photos!

13. I can't remember if I've posted here before or not but the doll that I first fell in love with was a Luts KDF Ani! I spent months, maybe even a year, cooing over that sweet little face! I didn't think I'd ever get him, though. He was just too expensive for me at the time. But when my hubby and I were getting married, his dad gave us quite a bit of money. I didn't even think of putting any of it towards a doll but my hubby looked at me and asked if I still wanted it and said we could buy him!!! I've still got him too, nearly 3 years later. He's my precious boy and my favorite dolly.

14. My first was a Soom Hyperon Dhamphir. He was one of the first BJD's I saw when I started to get into this hobby. If I had the chance I don't think I'd buy him, because I've found other sculpts that have stolen my attention. :)

15. Mine was a Migidoll Ryu and Miho back in 2009 :) MD didn't have bodies back then so I had to study about hybriding dolls which isn't really recommended for beginners. And in the end, I decided to get a Miho. I still want to have a Ryu though :)

16. Mine was a Dark Elf Soo I saw on Ebay. She was so soft looking...but now that artist doesn't do the dolls and later on went to more gothic type faceups. She was normal skin and so pretty!

17. an SD-13 Mystic Kids Lawrence who i named Kami ^_^ he was a xmas gift from my parents from last year (2013) i love him to pieces XDD

18. Mine is definitely Lati Yellow Basic Lea. There's something about those puppy dog eyes. Or maybe I just love the sweet, innocent look because it reminds me of my 5 year old daughter. I will have her one day- probably soon! <3

19. My college room mate and I set up a lunch date in 2011 and she brought two PukiPukis along. They must have been brand new to her. She was really proud. ^^

I went home and researched them too, because I really had been wanting to make a doll of my OC. But I couldn't find a Puki that looked happy.. they weren't smiling! That was confounding to me. Who wants dolls that don't smile?! (my completely-unaware-of-bjd-culture self there. I get it nowadays.) PongPong and Cupids don't count, they're.. too smiley.. ><;

Rory was the first one I tried to work myself up to buying, but before I forked over any money I came to my senses. What I really loved about her was her stock and concept, not the doll, and it would be silly to pay that much for a doll dress and super tiny adorable bunny ears. The price really scared me away.

I never ended up buying the PukiPuki. I sat on the desire for three years before purchasing an 11cm Obitsu body (Off-topic, but it was my final gateway into ABJD) this summer to see how I actually like the size. Well, I carried that around everywhere with me til the neck joint snapped. So the size seems to be a hit! xD

If I saw a PukiPuki with the right face expression that I am interested in, I'd be happy to own one! If I came across Rory's stock without the doll, even better! Because I'm still in love with it more than the doll. xD

20. The first doll I ever seriously wanted was a Souldoll Soo-Hyun. I was young (late teens I think?) at the time, no money, no job, but I wanted him sooo bad. I had even picked out a name and had all these ideas of how special and magical he would be (XD ah youth). Souldoll stopped selling him years ago so I never got the chance to own him. He was pretty unpopular too, there's 5 in the database, so chances of finding him 2nd hand are nil... if I had the chance tho, I'd buy him <3 by today's standards, he's pretty average looking, but he has a special place in my heart.