1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first face mold you fell in love with?

Jul 15, 2018

1. The first mold I fell in love with is Volks SD-F-16 especially in white skin (same as Chris or Kai limited). I think he is so charmed...
      Even though some of my children come and gone from my orphanage, but he will remain with me forever...

2. Charm Doll Baron , I used to go back to the site just to see it. Now it's like love at first sight whenever I see a doll with animal ears so I have to control my impulse.

3. Dream of Doll Sha. I hate that I did not get into the hobby sooner. Plus, we share the same name and I will always cherish the sculpt.

4. The first face I fell for on its own merits, rather than its resemblance to one of my characters was Dika Doll Floyer. He had such perfect masculine yet delicate features I was captivated by him. Though typing this I remembered Angell Studio Lan Ling too. I did get a Floyer head, but I do not have a Lan Ling still.

5. I was really into switch dolls when I first got into the hobby ( before I had dolls) mainly the switch sohwa but lately I've really been into companies like Pygmalion, dollshe and studio naiko

6. I feel like my answer is so basic lol but when I first started to look into bjds I fell in love with 5th motif venitu! He was so gorgeous! Then I found out he was sold out and hard to get + really expensive for a full doll! I went on with getting my first doll Xander and so on! Before Xander even got here I found a venitu head for sale! And I made the decision to get him because he was honestly a holy grail doll for me! So now I have my fav head sculpt ever and he’s amazing : )

7. Minifee Rendia. I loved the eyelid look so much.

8. Volks SD f-38 and Dollshe Saint 0_0; then Volks SD f-16 and Switch Milhwa.

9. Dollshe Arsene!
      I feel like he’s got very lovely soft features and is a rather unique sculpy.

10. Tiffany artwork's Sphinx doll

I still think it's such a unique sculpt & would love to have one someday.

I'm still new to this hobby so I'm sure I'll fall in love with many more sculpts~

11. Angell-Studio Kana

12. I feel like it’s so typical, but Soom Sard/Dia. It’s just such a beautiful sculpt! I’ve always wanted one, but they release them somehow whenever I don’t have the funds. It’s like Soom knows or something. :XD:

13. I loved reading about your First Love story: BJD Edition. I honestly don’t remember how I found out about BJD but I do remember the feeling of awe that I felt when I first encountered a BJD photo through a random Google image search that it wasn’t even related to BJD.

However, when I started researching about it; the first sculpt that made me so obsess to the point of saving company and owners photos in my computer and phone was Iplehouse Bianca and Iplehouse Audrey. Never gotten any of them due to their sizes.

14. My first BJD love was a DollZone Hong (= discontinued sculpt). He always reminded me of Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) with a little extra mix of the visual kei fashion style. :D;)

15. I remember stumbling upon a Flickr gallery many years ago and seeing my first ever BJD. It was a Soom Dia Male Type. I fell in love instantly. I eventually managed to get one, but it was during a time when I was really young and didn't know too much about the hobby and all the time and work that went into creating a character and a look. I didn't even know how to sew. Unfortunately, I ended up selling him and it was the most heartbreaking thing. I'm hoping to get another someday!

16. I fell In love with so many amazing dolls but Dollzone’s Megi MSD was the first Bjd doll I fell in love with and I could obtain/afford at the time. His face reminded me so much of a kitten, and even after all these years I can’t ever part with him. He has endured all of my face-up experiments/attempts and my very questionable clothing and outfit choices! I am currently thinking about eye mods and I can only imagine he looks at me like “what you got for me now mama?” He is still my “kitten” even though I dress him as a bear nowadays :)

17. I feel like this is cliche but I fell in love with Enchanted Doll :) one I can probably never have haha but her work blew me away and I felt like dolls could be more than my Tonner and Barbie collection. Dolls could be real art!

18. Dream of Doll Homme Ivan! He ended up being my first too in 2008. Still have him and love him too. :)

19. I fell for asleep eidolon. I think its fancy

20. Dream of Doll Homme Ducan.:D He was the first BJD I ever saw and he made such an impression on me. I'm so fortunate that I own one.