1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first face mold you fell in love with?

Jul 15, 2018

1. Angell Studio XiShi. I love her so much that I got another one when I know that AS is discontinuing her.

2. I fell in love with a CP delf Soony from a belladonnabjd video a looooong time ago! After owning one years later and having sold her years ago, I don’t think I would want her again.... Still a fun face to see :)

3. Popovy Little Owl. I’m pretty new to the hobby so this was recent. Hoping to buy one this year

4. I think my first one was Mirabil (The Gem). It was either her or MYOU Martha--I don't really know why I liked her so much, but I was kind of obsessed with her for a little while. It seems like my taste has changed quite a bit since I first discovered BJDs.

5. Merrydollround Olathe without a shadow of a doubt

6. I just really love my Dollzone mini Shyo. Her face is so weird and smooshy and cute. It's just the funniest, lovliest little face to me and I am absolutely smitten.

7. My first doll mold love has to be Elf Doll Rainy kids Adan, he was not the first BJD I ever got either. In fact if you count my Dollfie Dream he was my 4th BJD, and my 2nd male. Thaddeus, my first Adan, was later joined by his DNA template Bart (Thad's a clone long story.) Somewhere along the line I ended up with a 3rd Adan I named Cobalt, I had only ever planned to shell Bart and his clone, but I do not mind the extra.

I think if there is any other doll mold I love as much or maybe more it is Iplehouse's vampire Chris. I have two vamp Chris boys, the original limited nYID in gray and a 2nd on the SID model body in normal skin. Both of my vampire Chris dolls are the same character of mine, but he has two forms so the two dolls is justifiable.

#207 Tippetarius, Feb 2, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    8. The first sculpt I really fell in love with was Ellana from Lillycat :)
      For really long I hesitated to get her, because I only had MSD bjds and her being a SD, I was scared she wouldn't fit in my crew. The other reason I didn't get her right away was because she got a new body and I really preferred the older Lune body, which is discontinued.
      But I finally found her second hand with the old body and in dark tan :love She was my grail and I finally got her!:thumbup

9. It was a Littlefee Leah. Though after surfing the web, it was obvious I was more taken by her knitted cardigan and her orange hair than by her sculpt. :lol:

It is a pity Iplehouse's bodies tend to be more ''Brick'' than ''flexible'' and with ugly joints because I was and am still taken by Kid Joy. The sculpt has been discontinued unfortunately. I wish they'd done their homework and improved on the posing and the look of the bodies.

Nowadays, the sculpts I like but will never buy are Popovy's as I am not fond of the look of the bodies, and Natalia Loseva's as they are very expensive and, in my view, too small in size to warrant the price demanded. I like to make clothes for my dolls and their sizes and realism would make this difficult for me. I haven't got to the stage where I would be happy to spend 3 times the time I usually take to make an outfit for one of my current BJDs.

#209 Lilla, Feb 5, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    10. Luts SDF Iris! Her sweet and melancholy face was like an arrow through the heart the first time I saw her.

11. He’s my favorite too. He’s my grail doll! I’m hoping I can have him this year

12. Mine was definitely Dream of Doll Tender Shall. She was the the first BJD I ever saw on the internet. I am so in love with dolls that have half-opened or "sleepy" eyes, and that sculpt started it all! :D

#212 StarWire, May 19, 2021
      Last edited: May 19, 2021
    13. RealPuki Soso. Someone on a Blythe forum posted a picture of their Soso with their Blythe and I got so excited about that tiny face that I sold my Blythes and some other dolls to buy BJDs. Soso ended up being my fifth BJD, because when I started learning about them I was more attracted to YOSD and MSD sizes, but I never could get that impish grin out of my mind.

14. I think Doll Leaves Puppet-02 was the first one I really fell in love with back in probably 2011-2014, and I entirely forgot about her until I saw this thread! I think when I saw her I instantly fell in love with the sculpt, I remember thinking it was so unique and interesting!

15. Soom Pangen is my grail. I'm hoping a sculpt will come out with similar features or that I'll fall for another the way I did when I saw him, everything else is not quite there if that makes sense. Maybe if I had skill doing faceups, or more imagination as to how a faceup can alter features, I'd be able to open up to other sculpts.

16. Myou Delia. I first saw her around 2016 after I watched a review of the company and she was my favorite doll at the time. I loved her soft facial features. I don't have an Myou Delia myself, but I'd still like to get one in the future.

17. Weirdly enough DZ Scarecrow Hal I just thought her face was super cute. Now I have a mini scarecrow Hal and don't care as much as much for her.

18. I fell in love with lati yellow dolls in 2011. I had a friend who kept posting photos of them on flickr. So I purchased one on eBay, a Cookie that is my preferred LY doll. After this I purchased many others and I have a big collection.

19. The first one was probably dollzones Neruga. She was released in September 2018 and I looked at her every day for a month. I fell in love at first sight and am so sad that I couldn’t get her, especially in brown skin she’s just absolutely stunnin.:(

20. Volks Nana. I love it so much and ai’m sad they discontinued the four sisters :(