1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first face mold you fell in love with?

Jul 15, 2018

1. For a sculpt that I've only seen in ads initially, Nobility Doll LIE (especially in his promo pictures) back when I was a newbie. I saw him in real life once years later and in other owners' pictures, and realized he wasn't the doll for me, but the nostalgia of the idea of him brings back fond memories of my newbie days. I also still have a soft spot for Dollshe Saint and a couple of older Luts boy sculpts.

For a sculpt I would get multiples of, Volks Kun (F-22). She's my first doll so I have a soft spot for her. I have her in Yo-SD, SD10, and DearSD forms. I would still love to have an SD-13 tanned version of her someday with more dramatic face-up as well as an SD10 or SD13 boy version in pure white. It's a pretty fun sculpt to see what others have done with it so I like the many possibilities with it. A close second is the Volks Charlotte sculpt.

For sculpts that I liked in promo ads and in person, the SD13 Amakusa and SD16/17 Yukinojo.

For dolls that I didn't like in promo ads but regret afterwards once seeing in them in person, the Volks Suigintou sculpt. I had the opportunity to buy her way back when she first came out, but it was a combination of being on the fence about her promo photos and barely having enough funds to just get by that stopped me from getting her. Huge regrets. She taught me to just go for it whenever I see a doll I like.

As for other dolls/sculpts, I've consistently liked Iplehouse dolls both online/owner pictures and what I have seen in person at doll meet-ups way back when. Amazing, realistic sculpts and I love the variety of skin tones they come in.

2. Dream of Doll Si xD I loved the company photos and then discovered via DoA user pics, and went towards other sculpts. I loved the outfit and Photoshop I think haha!

3. Doll Leaves MSD Lilith

4. Minifee elf Woosoo was my first love :chibi

5. The very first one I fell for was Mephisto Pheles made by Doll Chateau followed by Doll Chateau Xaviera back in 2019 I think! I own a xaviera now, but my taste has changed so I never looked for mephisto pheles. I think he’s also long been discontinued anyways.

6. Fairyland Minifee Mio! I absolutely fell in love with that sculpt the moment that I got it and am so happy I got her! I just purchased the same doll in tan second hand because I love her so much!

7. Dollmore Lisa Rubik - it was love at first sight (those lips!). I want to bring her home so bad, but her size (65+ cm) keeps making me think twice. She's a total beauty though, and I love looking at owner pics of her.

8. The first face mold I fell in love with was the first bjd I bought. Tumnus by 5 Star Doll. I was very new to BJDs and had not seen a lot of dolls yet at that point. There might be more sophisticated face molds available now, but I still love my Tumnus' face mold very much. He has a gentle sweetness to him, and slightly androgynous, without being too feminine. My current favorite face mold is my Doll Leaves MSD Steven. So stinkin' cute with his little sad face.

9. Limwha Luna. I was new to BJDs, and she just looked luminous to me.

10. Dream of Doll Ducan, which is probably a fairly common one. But the first sculpt I fell enough in love with to buy was Angel Region Ren.

11. The first sculpt I fell in love with was Dream High Studio’s Mimi. I fell in love with her face, and her sweet little fae body. That’s how I discovered the company, too.

12. Oh man, this thread takes me back! The first sculpt I fell in love with was the Iplehouse JID Tatiana. I really feel like the sculpt captured that awkward in-between adult and teenage age, which is where I was at the time age-wise, so I felt connected to her. While I no longer own the doll, I still to this day love Iplehouse and their sculpts. If only they posed more to my liking...

13. the first mold I saw was a dollzone megi in 2005 I saw it and I loved it, I have never had that mold but someday I would like it to be part of my collection for the memory of those years, as for the first mold that I fell in love completely is the venitu I love in many ways, the hands, feet and face

14. I fell in love at first sight with Dollshe Craft’s Diana, and such great prices! It really made me consider to make her my first Bjd, but then I checked the Dollshe threads here :frownyblush:

15. one of the first dolls I fell in love with at a meet was a dream of doll shall!

not strictly a facemold thing, but back when I was first getting into the hobby, I remember seeing a fullset green doll chateau grace on the centaur body, as one of the last in-stock dolls on a dealer who was closing up shop. I didn't think she was my kind of doll at all at the time, but she stuck in my head regardless, and I ended up getting a green centaur grace of my own a few years later!

16. Dollzone Hid was my first I absolutely loved and now I own 4 of them lol

17. Xaga Doll's Macula! He's just so sweet looking and I fell in love as soon as I saw him. The only reason I don't have him is because I want fullset and that's more than $600 USD and I couldn't justify that to myself at the time. Now that seem so reasonable but back then it was a hard no. Then I saw Little Monica's Sarubia and everything went downhill from there lol

18. When I first discovered bjds I was obsessed with Minifees Chloe, this was when I was like 12 so I did not have the money for her. I would literally just stare at pictures of her on my computer and admire her. My taste has changed quite a bit since then but if I could snag her for a good price I might consider it, just to satisfy my younger self.

19. The first one I bought was a Doll Love Brian and at the time I knew hardly anything about bjds and had only seen a couple on ebay. I wasn't until I saw Ringdoll Carlos that I fell hard and then Soom Dia became my favourite sculpt of all.

20. Ozhu from Ringdoll! :D
      Was also my first bjd